• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
thats cool i guess i think most of us wen't through the phase and changed are stylesto the c-stick your just being og about it and that admirable .

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this was discussed, but is this true?

The following is quoted from strategy wiki under pit's description in the character section:
"Pit was originally going to be in the first SSB but was replaced with Jigglypuff because she was thought to be more profitable. Pit fights using his bow, which can be splits into two knife type weapons. He is agile and can jump multiple times, similar to Kirby and Jigglypuff. He is now replacing the Ice-Climbers for the NES fans." (URL: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl/Characters)

I'm concerned about the last sentence...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well, there's actually no telling at this point if IC's will be replaced by Pit. Personally, I hope that's the case (evil grin), but you just never know. Everything else though... right on the money. Wikipedia is edited by the average Joe, so there's no telling who the source came from. At this point though, it's only a rumor.

A RUMOR PEOPLE. JUST A RUMOR.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
"Confirmed Character Discussion"
----------------Not----------------
"What's a n00b to you? Discussion"
Ahh Dyce, you have grown so much yet you don't realize the fact that we HAVE TALKED ABOUT EVERY CHARACTER TO DEATH!! That being said, let us not argue the fact that we are a little off topic. After we get Wario or Metaknight this week, we will be okay.

Well, there's actually no telling at this point if IC's will be replaced by Pit. Personally, I hope that's the case (evil grin), but you just never know. Everything else though... right on the money. Wikipedia is edited by the average Joe, so there's no telling who the source came from. At this point though, it's only a rumor.

A RUMOR PEOPLE. JUST A RUMOR.
I don't think the IC's part is true(Rumor)but the Pit Jiggs thing is on the dot.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Ahh Dyce, you have grown so much yet you don't realize the fact that we HAVE TALKED ABOUT EVERY CHARACTER TO DEATH!! That being said, let us not argue the fact that we are a little off topic. After we get Wario or Metaknight this week, we will be okay.
But we shouldn't be talking about totally unrelated things like "What do you think classifies a n00b?" for two whole pages. Let's try to stay a little on topic or they'll lock the thread or suspend us for spamming.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'd still like some more discussion on how the supposedly improved aerial combat is going to affect Luigi's tier ranking...

Other than that... uh... Hmm.

After years of playing, I'm still confused about Peach. She only seems to have a couple of broken moves and insane priority going for her in terms of offense. If the broken parts were fixed, would she suddenly drop to rock bottom? Or am I completely misunderstanding just how great she is?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Tadaaaa... new topic starter.
Okay Dyce, who thinks Fox will be uberly nerfed. lol joking.

Links FS looks, is, and tastes awesome. It will probably range to a 75% hit ratio.

Speaking of that, Peach has a regular 75% attack when hit correct. If her FS pwns then Kens theory on Peach is absolutely true.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
No, if they fixed the broken moves, and improved some of her worse moves slightly, I think she could very well stay where she is if done right.

-Where she should be nerfed-
Smash dA> 6-70% should be brought to 6-30% at max; and either take that crazy knockback out or give the move any cooldown time at all so you can't spam it or take some of the range out so you actually need to be hit with the physical dress and not the air next to it. That move is just unfair all around.

dB> The only thing I don't like is the fact that the turnips that do the most damage have insane knockback. That's just not fair either. Every one should have the same knockback regardless of damage.

*Other than that, I think she can stay relatively the same, even with that nasty fThrow. Every character deserves at least one 100% finisher. Why shouldn't it be her grab?*

-Where she could be improved-
dAir> Last kick could be a bit "meteor". (:laugh:Hahaha!:laugh: I'm so funny!)

nA-A> Throw another two A's in there and we've got a good combo.

fB> Give it some more knockback. It sucks as it is anyway.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
But we shouldn't be talking about totally unrelated things like "What do you think classifies a n00b?" for two whole pages. Let's try to stay a little on topic or they'll lock the thread or suspend us for spamming.
This has basically become the Update discussion, for the sole reason that we've been getting so much space between characters that we talk them to death. So I think as long as we stick to the criteria of the updates, and CONFIRMED characters then we're good.

Edit: On a completely off-topic note, Creo I watched the video in your sig and all I have to say is that I have learned to never again watch a video in someones sig.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yea, that series of Zelda films aren't really the greatest things I've ever seen...

Dayumnnnn... Volt Tackle looks wicked. And we've gotten two Final Smashes in two days? What does that say about the rest of this week? I don't know, but if my calculations are correct, we're in for a grand week!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I bet we get another FS this week, but not tomorrow. I think that two in a row is fishy, but that three in a row would be outrageous. And I think I know what you mean Roy, almost like Raikou's or Zapdos' moves in melee when you get them in a pokeball, where it jsut like suspends everyone and racks up damage? Heres my update prediction in no order, over the next three days: FS,ITEM,STAGE

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dayum, I want a flaming Pikachu avatar now! :3

That just looks too cool.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^

Did we talk about this?

How exactly is Mario doing that backpedal thing? Is he landing from an attack, rolling, or...taunting?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
They discussed it some in the update thread. It's hard to tell what he's doing without motion, though. My guess is that he's turning around while still looking at Pikachu.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
^^^

Did we talk about this?

How exactly is Mario doing that backpedal thing? Is he landing from an attack, rolling, or...taunting?
Probably the animation for the end of a dash i.e. He is probably skidding.

OMG Traction is in Brawl! You know what this means!!!????

WAVEDASHING CONFIRMED

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ya, Wario looks awesome. They need to stop making everyone look so awesome; I'm up to eight mains right now. :/
I second that, Links Final smash alone makes me want to main him, and pit and metaknight are just too **** awesome, and then theres Snake... curse you sakurai and ur awesomeness in character developing!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Probably the animation for the end of a dash i.e. He is probably skidding.

OMG Traction is in Brawl! You know what this means!!!????

WAVEDASHING CONFIRMED
It can be a fireball animation or a punch animation but the directors might be aware of wavedashing and will give it out to more un-advanced players to try and equal things more.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
I'm sure Ninty knows of wavedashing, but I personally don't think they're going to feature it as an actual technique. Whether they leave it in or not is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom