• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
At least we get some in-game pictures this time:)

But nothing about other confirmed characters, though we have seen ZS Samus for the first time since the site reopened.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Back.

Anything I miss? I see that Samus is confirmed...again. Anything else?
70 pages of Samus and Zamus transformation discussion. Other than that, Ridley end boss music, and new crate looks depending on eviroment...and they can slide on the ground. Other than that, Nothing else...that is until tomorrow.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
His final smash will be putting his foe in a cardboard box. When said box is lifted up, there is nothing underneath. Instant 4 stock.
NEWCOMER: Harry Houdini

@ Creo: Snake seems like a combo-type character kinda like mario, I imagine him kinda well balanced, since he aint slow/fast, strong/weak and all of that, I believe snake will be a good character as long as he doesnt have lag in his moveset...
They'd have to make all the 3rd party characters as good as, if not better than (though I doubt Nintendo will allow it), Mario. Imagine how much worse the terms would be between Nintendo and the 3rd Party companies if Mario, Nintendo's mascot, was able to **** Snake or Sonic or Megaman or Simon Belmont or whoever, every single time. No I'm pretty sure we'll be getting every single 3rd Party character on the same tier as Mario, maybe one tier below at least.

I know Sakurai said he was going to refrain from making the game "tier oriented", but I'm pretty sure he'll be paying very close attention to the devolpment to these guys.

Sensai

Smash Master
Alrighty, cool.

I've been pokin' around on smashbros.com, just haven't managed to make it to the boards in a week or two.

The boxes look cool...I really like the whole environment and changing thing.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah I like the space ones the most so far. They look awesome. What I want to know is, since you can stand on sliding crates, is it possible to land on a crate that slid off a ledge and your airborn, land on it then recover from the crate?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I just don't like the idea of "presents". Maybe they would work in Winter Yoshi's Island and Icicle Mountain (if they still have it) and other winter oriented levels because of Christmas and all. But the thing is, I just can't imagine seeing presents in every "fantastic" level. I'm sure they'll put them in some wierd places like Angel Land and Delfino Plaza.

I don't know, I just don't see them working in a some places.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well they may also have other ones as well. I am going to main Yoshis Island(favorite stage so far in Brawl unless Kongo Jungle 64 returns again...I will cry if it does)so presents for me...unless they change by enviroment.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah I like the space ones the most so far. They look awesome. What I want to know is, since you can stand on sliding crates, is it possible to land on a crate that slid off a ledge and your airborn, land on it then recover from the crate?
interesting concept, recovering using the sliding crates...
Yes I know...my ideas are awesome. This can be a new speculation until tomorrow or be made as a new topic.(I aint making it though...I just post to them)

Wrath`

Smash Master
i wonder if your character can jump on a sideways barrel and use his/her feet to move it in any derection,basicly riding the barrel

Sensai

Smash Master
You'd have to be a fast faller. Note that things fall at the same rate.

Oh...that's real life. My bad. My baaaaaaaaaaad.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey sensai your back (Click my siggy) and i can imagine all the fun i would have on training mode on slow motion with millions (5) Moving crates lol.

Anyways you think the crates in Zelda levels will be treasure cheats? and the ones in Mario levels would be ? Blocks. But I'm presuming the barrel will stay the same in DK levels and the crate will be changed to look like the barrel as well.

And what happens if you are caught between two moving crates?

(Btw snakes Final Smash Let out his cigarette in Pikachus eyes!) seriously now its most probably gonna be a nuke or something.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i like using crates in cassual when i have dk sling one of those baby's real high in the air then grabs the nearest person carry's him throws him up at the crate

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Two moving crates smashing into you would send you upward(or wherever)with good damage done to you. I would hope they make the crates by character stage enviroments. Zelda ones would be the boss key treasure chests and D.Kongs would have DK on them in Red.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I love throwing items up in the air and then grabbing someone and throwing them into it its great i tell you.

But the boss key crates are spiky (I haven't played TP so i might be wrong but the WW ones were spiky wernt they?)

(Click the sig)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Brown Paper Sack has the best sig ever.

I think snake's down b is his rocket launcher shootin at the ground (good for close combat).

well its shown in the gameplay video

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i disagree crea it has to bee the top secret super tech you have too l-cancel 40 times in succesion to preforme it iono i'm personally bored of reading about his down smash or d- tilt it does not mtter lol sorry again just bored:):laugh:

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Hypothetically speaking:
Well if Samus' final smash is transforming manuever, I believe Zamus would have one for the fact of changing the character. I am sure if it is a transformation, the directors know that a lot of people would be upset so some way they will fix it.
Edit for my prediction for tomorrow:
Character=Wario
PS: Snake will be last(third party) and I believe Zamus will be second to last.
Character update(prediction)
Wario
Metaknight
Zamus
Snake
Im with you on this one. this is the exact way I see things happening starting from tomorrow

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I love throwing items in the air and just catching them. It can amuse me all day long.
The best is playing with scrubs, and throwing like a bombomb or a pokeball, and jumping and catching it in mid air. it blows their mind every time.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Or a n00b. I hate that. I get called a n00b because I am one of the few people who don't use the c-stick. I end up uberly pwning people who call me the n00b for that though.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
No scab is silly. Scrub hurts more. I'd say almost as much as n00b, maybe even more depending on where you say it.

ANYWAYS... Link's Triforce Slash (I think I remember calling it that once). Big move, one character, heavy damage i suspect. But it says something like "You can recover, just pray you hit solid ground when you land." I think it will have some nasty knockback.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I never did get it.
in the begining of smash,using the c stick was noobish. Now not using it noobish?
i say to play whatever way feels right

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Or a n00b. I hate that. I get called a n00b because I am one of the few people who don't use the c-stick. I end up uberly pwning people who call me the n00b for that though.
jaw drops why don't you use the c-stick? .... next to z Lcancels best friend

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
That is what I believe as well. When Melee came out, everone says c-sticks are for n00bs and now non c-sticks are n00bs. I don't think so. I have beaten plenty of c-stick abusers without it and I don't plan to stop.
@ PimpSlap- I don't feel comfortable and I noticed my gameplay is decreased when used. But, I do L-cancel and not R or Z. I don't like the c-stick at all. I am good the way I am and I don't want to make a chance of ruining it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom