• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I am sorry for this but it is a must. Samus is a girl and I personally think that would suck. It would be cool but I don't think it would be useful. That would be like Bowsers horrible Fire Breath(which should be a fireball).

Red Exodus

Smash Master
omfg sanctuary fortress was the most ****ed up environment i've ever been in. so god**** bizzarre with those little floating ball things, with their shields made up of little squares (if you've played the game you'll know what im talking about, if not you probably think im high). but i spose that an environment that wierd could be cool. i reckon some better stages could possibly be the impace crater or somewhere in dark aether and you have to stay in close proximity to those light beacon thingos or your damage constantly goes up.

.....uhhh....anyway....how about those confirmed characters? samus is hot.....
It'd be cool if that was in adventure mode, with local enemies and all.

^^^
Chalk that up to Retro not spending a huge amount of time on a model that not everyone who played the game would see. It's still ZSS though, and that's what counts.

And since it's such a fad now...

You guys can't really think that this:

,,,Looks better than this:

And the lights might be sort of the same, but it's not just that that makes the difference. Her chestplate is all pointy and she's just generally smaller in Brawl. (And those leg lights are definitely absent in her Brawl model, Stryks.)

I know I'm being finicky, but one of the best moments in Prime was watching Samus rise from her Gunship and jump onto the Pirate Frigate, then admiring her Power Suit as the camera slowly panned up and around her. At that moment, you knew, after waiting nearly a decade, that Samus was back.

So you can understand why I'm just a bit irked that they've decided to be all Japanesey and not use the best Samus ever. It also raises alot of questions about whether or not other Prime content will be in Brawl. I'd rather fight in the Sanctuary Fortress than in another random Norfair or Crateria.
The pointy chest plate irks me, I really prefer the Prime look in terms of shoulder pads and chest plate, but she has better legs now.

I haven't played Prime, only Prime 2 so I have no idea what you're talking :urg:, you may proceed to laugh, point and insult from here.

I agree with the Sanctuary fortress comment, I loved that area the most.

They're called Rezbits, man. GET UR ENMEZ RIGT!11!1!!
Those were the coolest enemies in MP2, EVAR! I loved the whole 'Samus AI crashing' effect and then rebooting, that was totally awesome, yet annoying, but more awesome than annoying, effect I've seen in a FPA/FPS

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Red Exodus said:
...she has better legs now.
Her Brawl legs look way too skinny to me. It seriously looks as if her power suit's only like, paper-thin around her ankles.

Red Exodus said:
I haven't played Prime, only Prime 2 so I have no idea what you're talking , you may proceed to laugh, point and insult from here.
For shame, for shame.

The same thing happens at the outset of Echoes. Samus lands on Aether, jumps out of her Gunship, then the camera flashes around her, letting you see the Varia Suit in all it's glory. It was just more significant in Prime, since it was the first one.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
I am sorry for this but it is a must. Samus is a girl and I personally think that would suck. It would be cool but I don't think it would be useful. That would be like Bowsers horrible Fire Breath(which should be a fireball).
nagh i'm thinking in a straight direction and the people have a after burn effect , thanks sniper eyes guy on correcting my typo.. not you Creo

Depster

Smash Champion
Her visor is better in brawl, but Samus is just soooo much buffer looking in Echoes, which makes her hot! Rezbits suck...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Rezbits where the most annoying enemies of all, that blast thing they used that messed up the visor pissed me off... badly...

ANYWAY... True the brawl look doesnt look as similair to the prime look, but has features the prime look was 1st to used: the lights on the shoulder pads, on the chest and the 2 lights on her legs (they forgot some lights, but meh)

Still I would have liked for the visor to be transparent like in the prime games, and the visor itslef is diferent from the one in mp2 and it pisses me off they didnt get the canon right...

well anyway point is the brawl look is the prime look with a tad modifications...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
My cool pun for the day

Her Brawl legs look way too skinny to me. It seriously looks as if her power suit's only like, paper-thin around her ankles.
Oh yeah... I didn't spot that, I was just focusing on the pose :laugh:. I think they should have used the green lights around the suit [down to her legs as well], Prime shoulder pads, and grapple beam on her left arm like in Prime. Basically the prime look with better graphics because we all know the Prime look is the prime look [cool pun here, methinks] .

Red Exodus

Smash Master
@Dynamic: I plan to get it but I don't have a GC or a wii anymore =( I plan to get one this summer.

P.S. That is the coolest thing Roy suggested since forever! I'd totally love that!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Ya Roy...good idea. You should think like that all the time. Your getting more respect off of one post meaning, keep doing posts like it.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Exactly what I was going to say lol. I think we need to start heading a new direction. Which character do you think will be the next to be reconfirmed? We've basically bled the Samus topic dry. Enough that I rented MP2 just for the heck of it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
@Creo:
Hahaha... word. roy_owns is definitely not the best poster.

Personally, I think it would be cool to see some of Samus in her 2D outfits. You know, like the ones where she looks like Juggernaut with an arm cannon. I swear in those games she was juicin' on metroid jelly.

@WGWOLVERINE:
Yoshi or Donkey Kong.
OH! But if you meant "reconfirmed" as in who we've already seen at this point...
Meta Knight undoubtedly.

Wrath`

Smash Master
tommorws update is an item, we haven't had thoes in a while
next character is snake, and that will be thursday.
i will quote this if i am right

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I forgot all about Metaknight...yah him monday(made predictions else somewhere but have to put MK instead of Zamus). Others, Yoshi because we all know he is in. D.Kong is in but when confirmed? I hope his stage is like my favorite of all time through the series, Kongo Jungle 64.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow samus looks very shiny... and O god i hope they give Mario his fire Mario suit and wouldn't it be cool if samus had bigger balls... I mean shoulder pads

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
tommorws update is an item, we haven't had thoes in a while
next character is snake, and that will be thursday.
i will quote this if i am right
I'll quote this right now and tell you you're completely wrong.
Ok, you'll probably get the item part right, but definetly not the part about Snake. He'll be the last of this current bunch to be re-revealed. I'm predicting he'll be shown as close to E3 as Sakurai can make him.

At least this Friday had an awesome and unexpected update to keep us happy over the weekend. But I think the remaining characters will show up in this order:

Meta Knight sometime next week.
Wario sometime the following week.
Zamus sometime the week after that along with Samus' Final Smash.
(Also [hypothetically], if Zamus is Samus' Final Smash... will Zamus have a Final Smash?)
And then finally will be Snake.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Hypothetically speaking:
Well if Samus' final smash is transforming manuever, I believe Zamus would have one for the fact of changing the character. I am sure if it is a transformation, the directors know that a lot of people would be upset so some way they will fix it.
Edit for my prediction for tomorrow:
Character=Wario
PS: Snake will be last(third party) and I believe Zamus will be second to last.
Character update(prediction)
Wario
Metaknight
Zamus
Snake

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Like a transformation back to Samus? Yea, most likely, I just wonder what the Final Smash that alters her back would be. Maybe like a "Super LongAss Whip".

And I think it's safe to say that the next two characters reconfirmed will be Meta Knight and Wario. The order may varry, but it's definitely them.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
No Dyce, not to alter back(though I have suggested that before), just to have for the downfall of transforming. The whip was my Idea as well.(how would a whip change her back Dyce?)
I think characters will go down in my order. Since Wario is amongst more people, I see him first.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Lol, I can see Snake doing something like that!

Snake's Final Smash: He goes on a killing rampage that boosts his attack and speed. But it also boosts his cloned DNA to age at an accelerated rate causing him to become and old man at the end of it. He kills everyone on stage, wins the game, and then when the Victory screen comes up, you see Snake as an old man sitting on a box. He puts his gun in his mouth...

And then the game move up from a T rating to an M.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Okay I am pretty sure there is no MGS4 stuff going to be in Brawl.(yes I know you didn't mean this but whatever).
Snakes will be something with explosives or cheap Martial arts stuff. His is gonna reek badly. Now Pits on the other hand...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
His final smash will be putting his foe in a cardboard box. When said box is lifted up, there is nothing underneath. Instant 4 stock.

Stryks

Smash Hero
@ Creo: Snake seems like a combo-type character kinda like mario, I imagine him kinda well balanced, since he aint slow/fast, strong/weak and all of that, I believe snake will be a good character as long as he doesnt have lag in his moveset...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
@ Creo: Snake seems like a combo-type character kinda like mario, I imagine him kinda well balanced, since he aint slow/fast, strong/weak and all of that, I believe snake will be a good character as long as he doesnt have lag in his moveset...
Sorry for DP but can't edit.
He has lag...remember that RPG attack. Lagmania right there. One of his moves though is Samus and Falcons up tilt in the air. I suspect it is his Uair but not sure. Maybe his Fair.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Cmon just cause one move has lag doesnt mean all the others will, who knows he could have killer aerial like ganondorf but lack ground moves, or viceversa, his punch x2 and kick is fast, and also that combo he did to link was pretty cool, anyway its still too early, but if he can use grenades like peach uses the vegetables, expect mindgames...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom