• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a Marth Main

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
My bad habit is not being consistent, I tend to be off sometimes and it also takes a while for me to warm up, so I have to play a lot of friendlies before a tournament starts for me to be playing my best during real matches. I'm also kinda predictable, but I'm getting better at changing that.

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
I tend to freak out too much and lose my concentration. That, and my mind and my hands move at two very different paces. I think my head is still wired to Melee, so my sword swings always barely miss, and other timing issues still plague me now and again.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
When I want to do something, I focus too much on accomplishing that one task and it detracts from the rest of my game.

For example, if I'm looking to get an uair > utilt combo, I may miss an opportunity to get some easy damage because I'm so focused on getting that combo.

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
That bothers me too, kind of like when I'm absolutely set on getting the F-throw to F-smash combo, no matter how much damage I take trying to achieve it.

Hyper-Marth

Smash Cadet
My bad habit is that i tend to try and edgeguard excessively no matter who i'm against because that's where i get most of my kills, so i do horrible against R.O.B's and well, i haven't fought any awesome MK's offline yet but i'm sure it'd be about the same.

Kneeslash

Smash Cadet
I fail all the time, running is bad! Don't run into the ****!
And i spam fsmash, trying to fix now.

BarDulL

Town Vampire

I STILL have a bad habit of causing people to quit Brawl after playing them in a set.

Tried working on it all day today, but to no avail.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Lol Neo I won't copy you.

My problem with Marth is I can't always choose my moments correctly, yet I have to be airtight in my spacing until I can find my moment (for some matchups that spacing vaires, of course) to attack.
-dead- @ when you "i don't copy neo" disclaimer

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Eh I don't think so lol.

I mean it's not like I purged all almost all existence of my Marth on my Youtube channel.

I'll quit using him in tourneys but I'll still work on him. Heck, Steel says he's has a Marth 2.0 in the works that is pretty good at pressing B as well as other things. He says he's going to test drive it on me. ^_^

/most relevant confession in this thread

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
I have poor spacing and I spam smash attacks. I also don't know the timing for grab release fair on MK and I roll and spotdodge impulsively.

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember the last time I used shield breaker effectively. I am giving up shield breaker for Lent.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a marth main, but I'm going to confess anyway. bro.

I use ftilt.

DJMirror

Smash Master
My bad habit is sucking *** with marth and sucking more *** with marth while psychomidget and mango are making me laugh by saying "jkun your marth sucks" "Get *****" and such and i laugh too easily

Top Bottom