• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

Osi

Smash Ace
So I just got done trying some of the settings from mookies code list, and oh man is it fun.

I put on:
SH - .9
fall speed - 1.25
up speed - .95
fast fall - 120%

It moves so fast, and there doesn't seem to be a major loss to the upwards/recovery. The only real issue is the gimped vertical kills, but they feel more balanced to me now anyways.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Hey MookieRah, could you post some videos at 120% if you get a chance?
My camera died, so no I can't :-(.

Also, I might lower my hitstun. With this extra speed I'm thinking that 10% is too much.

shanus

Smash Hero
My camera died, so no I can't :-(.

Also, I might lower my hitstun. With this extra speed I'm thinking that 10% is too much.
don't do itttttttttt

that or just make sure you can do stuff as falcon still haha

Duker

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this is too unrelated to the project, but could this piece of code be of interest?

MicroGames Never Appear [Duker]
05541D58 00000001

(It's for PAL though)

Since no microgames appear I'd say it makes the WarioWare stage instantly into a new neutral stage =D .

Couldn't think of a better place to post it and I barely come in here anymore so if there is a place where it belongs better could someone please spread it?

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
We have any people testing the system effects with other character mains? I see many people using the space animals and falcon but not so much with others like peach or wario.

I think now would be a good time to get a character list going of what each tester mains or atleast knows a lot about so as to find any potential problems with the values of each code.

kupo15

Smash Hero
In my circle we test out:
falcon, pit, ZSS, ganon, samus, ness, mario, sonic, DDD, (bowser?)

Paprika, can we combine the 6 codes now? People are running out of room with the triple jump code

shanus

Smash Hero
My circle is falcon, ganon, olimar, diddy, ROB (rarely), ness, lucario and mk

Osi

Smash Ace
We have any people testing the system effects with other character mains? I see many people using the space animals and falcon but not so much with others like peach or wario.

I think now would be a good time to get a character list going of what each tester mains or atleast knows a lot about so as to find any potential problems with the values of each code.

I've been sticking around the same characters now for a while on brawl+ slowly adding one or two in a week. Below is pretty much the coverage from my groups past month on brawl+.

The characters I test are: Peach, fox, falcon, falco, mario, pikachu, yoshi, DK, samus, pit, jiggly, IC, dedede, and sheik.

People in my circle tend to use: Marth, samus, lucario, luigi, ZSS, pit, sonic, diddy, ness, pikachu, and wolf.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521

Peach feels like upper high tier again with dash dance, crouch cancel, 8% hitstun, 1.3 downward gravity and so on. dthrow to bair or uair is an awesome K.O. move.

I mainly use Link, Sonic, Zelda and now my old melee characters like Peach, Fox and Yoshi.
Yoshi benefits so much from dash dance & Crouch Cancel it makes you forget that he sucks. lol

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
I mean cancelling a dash with a crouch, not the knockback cancel by crouching from melee.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
Have you guys tried to run-crouch-crawldash? (this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL4DFxJLO5M , but running) It helps characters who can crawl a lot, since running momentum is transfered to the crawldash, and you'll slide backwards a lot if you time it correctly.
It can be done with Dash Cancelling only, and it's a really useful tactic for chars like Luigi and Sheik).

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
How long is Sonic's dash dance with the 120% dash speed increase? (I can't test it myself yet since I don't have an SD card).

Basically I just want to know if it's longer than a Rob laying on the ground (I have a pretty amazing theory for some ridiculous stuff with him., but I need to know a few things).

Also, how long does it take him to run across FD with the speed increase (I know in normal brawl it's 55 frames)

Oh, and if my theory works...jab locks may get banned.:p

Finns7

Smash Ace
Its great coming on smash boards and seeing a brawl+ thread always at the top.

I just got done playing normal brawl and I tripped 3 times in like 1 min T_T.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
So I just got done trying some of the settings from mookies code list, and oh man is it fun.

I put on:
SH - .9
fall speed - 1.25
up speed - .95
fast fall - 120%

It moves so fast, and there doesn't seem to be a major loss to the upwards/recovery. The only real issue is the gimped vertical kills, but they feel more balanced to me now anyways.
Yes, but doesn't the shorthop code affect auto-cancels and some double-bair's? I really don't think we should remove some of the stuff unique to Brawl.

BTW, Kupo, how are you liking Pit so far? I didn't really touch him in VB, but in B+ I find him quite quite amazing with hitstun. And divebombing into aerials is just awesome with auto-l. I might record some vids with him...

osh77

Smash Cadet
I put on:
SH - .9
fall speed - 1.25
up speed - .95
fast fall - 120%

Can anyone tell me how to put percentages into hex. lol at poor math skills cause i want to try this new speed modifier out.

Also, I was wondering if you used this as a standalone code or if you used it with the up down gravity modifiers.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Saw this in the FAQ thread, thought it might actually be a cool thing to consider.

I read the threads and never saw mention of this. I'm guessing the main argument against fastfalling at any time is that it makes edgeguarding dairs extremely risky since you would fastfall whenever you initiated a dair.

However, if you make it so that pressing down cancels the jump and initiates a regular-speed fall, you could do aerials safely off the edge, with the option of pressing down again to fastfall them.

As far as I can see it adds depth.
-more shield pressuring options
-more short-hop height options
-a lot less 'floaty'
-rewards more skilled players with better control over the height of their jumps

It also allows you to attack at times when it is currently impossible. Suppose your character is the asterisk, and the flat line is the stage.

_____#__________

You cannot attack in this position. Here's why:
Option 1 - you fastfall and attack. The timing on this will be predictable because your jump ends at a certain time. Your opponent can anticipate and punish.
Option 2 - you double-jump, then fastfall, then attack. This is also predictable because double jumps last a certain amount of time, and it's game protracting, because they're slow and floaty.
Option 3 - you attack right away in the air, to protect your position. This forfeits your chance to attack again when you hit the ground, and you have to DI or airdodge away from your opponent. The ending lag on your first aerial leaves no time for a second.

Messing with the short hop height might make it easier to pillar and juggle, but it does nothing for you when you full hop.

This is a problem the series has always had. I don't recall any laws saying we can only add things that were in Melee. We can make more creative improvements than that.
I immediately see a problem of not being able to do a rising/DJ dair with this setup, but you can always use the C-stick for that. I think it has merit. Any thoughts?

zxeon

Smash Lord
kupo said:
No The solution would be to give the locked player invincibility throughout the bounce until the get up animation.
How many lines is that going to cost? My solution would stand people back up and save lines and wouldn't give them invincibility to get up in the middle of Wolf's Ftilt.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
So umm... I know I might be bugging people with questions but...

How hard is pivoting in brawl+ with the new dash dance code (I don't mean brawl pivot grabs, I mean real pivoting like in melee)?

zxeon

Smash Lord
I just started testing 120% dash speed. It's freaking awesome. I'm not sure if it is increasing airspeed, but all of the characters can follow up faster. It definite speeds the game up quite a bit.

The only increases I would ask for now would be to somehow make a code that gave the effect of upward grav without nerfing recoveries, and a code that decreased the amount of frames it took for characters to actually jump.
I just tested ×2 and ×10 and at ×10 Sonic can keep up with the machines on Big blue and out run them after a while. Sonic's acceleration is crap. It takes him forever to reach top speed.

I'm about to test ×9001

Oh, I should also mention that jump speed remains the same even when I am moving at top speed at ×10 dash I still jump like a snail.
I already tested and confirmed that your run speed doesn't transfer to your jump.

kupo15

Smash Hero
How many lines is that going to cost? My solution would stand people back up and save lines and wouldn't give them invincibility to get up in the middle of Wolf's Ftilt.
How do you know that yours will be less lines? I can't see how mine would take up that many lines plus it will do what it is suppose to do. Give you a little time for jab resets
So umm... I know I might be bugging people with questions but...

How hard is pivoting in brawl+ with the new dash dance code (I don't mean brawl pivot grabs, I mean real pivoting like in melee)?
Its EXTREMELY easy which is something I don't like

The gct in the OP is updated! Thanks sketch for managing that!

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
So I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, and if it is not I'm sorry. Some of the guys I play with are a tad more casual and they like the auto-sweetspot of the ledges. So I downloaded the txt file of Kupo's 'unofficial' metagame list (or whatever we are calling it.) All I do is delete the no-ASL code and then do all the conversion stuff right? I'm just checking. Thanks for the help guys!

kupo15

Smash Hero
Using the action modifier w it will take like maybe 2 lines.

Oops, double post.
Its a proven fact that action mods don't work with this sort of stuff
So I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, and if it is not I'm sorry. Some of the guys I play with are a tad more casual and they like the auto-sweetspot of the ledges. So I downloaded the txt file of Kupo's 'unofficial' metagame list (or whatever we are calling it.) All I do is delete the no-ASL code and then do all the conversion stuff right? I'm just checking. Thanks for the help guys!
Or you can just uncheck it in the code manager and export

Zilactic

Smash Cadet
wait are we using the 45 line no ASL code or the 24 line one in the OP?

and whats the difference between the lagless edge codes?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Thanks a bunch Kupo. I really appreciate all the work that's gone into this project. I quit WoW recently, and this is just the thing to keep me off of it! Thanks again, these codes are fantastic.

Zilactic

Smash Cadet
@goodoldganon
lol an addiction to smash to cure an addiction to WoW. Brawl+ is saving lives already. hahaha =)

anyways where does everyone stand on teh Dash Canceling code?

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
nerfing vert kills is bad. Sonic for one relies on vertical kos
Well Sonic is beast now, so...lol

I always thought that vertical kills were fairly easy in VB though, so I'm not too concerned about the nerf to be honest.

wait are we using the 45 line no ASL code or the 24 line one in the OP?

and whats the difference between the lagless edge codes?
Whatever is in the OP should be used.

Top Bottom