• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

shanus

Smash Hero
I have some comments about ASL. I think for some characters, no-ASL can be pretty tough on their ability to recover well and not get absolutely dominated most of the time without a good walltech (i.e. Diddy). I'm not sure how the code works, but is there a possibility that we can turn back on ASL, but with a much narrower window than vanilla Brawl, but less narrow than whats on currently? I have no issues with it currently as I don't really play as chars that have issues with it, but as I see it now I feel like certain characters recoveries were explicitly designed with ASL in mind.

Any thoughts?

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
They also play better without the auto sweet-spotted ledges. Doesn't mess with their recovery, but I've been perfeclty edgeguarded by a G&W level 9 once and it was crazy. Of course, if I had know the character I was playing better (Wolf I think?) I probably could've aimed my recovery properly, but the fact that it sat on the edge and would hit me every time amazed me.
Yeah, I noticed even without NoASL, the comp will try to time a hit on you every time you grab the ledge. It's usually just silly looking since it never connects in vanilla, but with NoASL I could see the comps becoming quite annoying edgeguarders lol

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
The only problem with CPU 9s with hitstun is the random airdodge after the hit stun is over.

The no jablock/laserlock code makes it so you have lag if you're hit and land without teching. Anyone else notice this?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
So I am curious...

Does anyone like the Melee "Ready.... GO" match start up better than 3,2,1 go?

It just feels more fast paced... and I know training mode has the simple "Ready GO" start up.. so I was wondering if it's possible to use that code for a regular vs mode match?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
thats an interesting idea

i wish we could make it GAME SET like in the jp version

edit: double post -_-
stupid laggy internet

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I have some comments about ASL. I think for some characters, no-ASL can be pretty tough on their ability to recover well and not get absolutely dominated most of the time without a good walltech (i.e. Diddy). I'm not sure how the code works, but is there a possibility that we can turn back on ASL, but with a much narrower window than vanilla Brawl, but less narrow than whats on currently? I have no issues with it currently as I don't really play as chars that have issues with it, but as I see it now I feel like certain characters recoveries were explicitly designed with ASL in mind.

Any thoughts?
I agree. I haven't played with NoASL for a while because I feel it benefits the top tiers, since a majority of the top don't rely on ASL anyway (DDD, MK, ROB, Snake). I love the edgeguarding options that open up in the lower tiers, but I feel it creates in imbalance by buffing those top characters even further.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Ganon does need his dair, its like taking away falcos dbl laser, its like taking away peaches turnips...it is like taking away metas gayness...
For one, it wouldn't take it away it would just be harder. Two, it's not as good as you guys are hyping it up to be. It just isn't.
I agree. I haven't played with NoASL for a while because I feel it benefits the top tiers, since a majority of the top don't rely on ASL anyway (DDD, MK, ROB, Snake).
MK, unless altered with codes, is just too good anyways. He will be banned in any sort of competitive Brawl+. Rob isn't top tier, he's just up there. D3 has kinda been nerfed overall. Snake, I'm not sure about cause I have yet to see a good snake player in a brawl+ vid so I don't know if he overall gets better, stays the same, or is nerfed.

From what I've seen in Kupo's videos it isn't too hard to recover with noASL because characters can still grab the ledge from a good distance away, much more than in Melee. So yeah, you don't have to really be that precise anymore, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Osi

Smash Ace
I agree. I haven't played with NoASL for a while because I feel it benefits the top tiers, since a majority of the top don't rely on ASL anyway (DDD, MK, ROB, Snake). I love the edgeguarding options that open up in the lower tiers, but I feel it creates in imbalance by buffing those top characters even further.
It's hard to say they are top tier anymore, also some really good characters like marth/falco can be spiked on the edge out of the upB now. It could actually help balancing later down the line because fox/falco/marth/tlink and a few others I expect to be pretty high on brawl+ can be edge spiked with the ASL code now. It's simply too early to tell if it will help or hurt balance. I'm playing a lot of diddy now, and I'm not having a issue recovering with the code on.

kupo15

Smash Hero
The only problem with CPU 9s with hitstun is the random airdodge after the hit stun is over.

The no jablock/laserlock code makes it so you have lag if you're hit and land without teching. Anyone else notice this?
OMG, I am going to EXPLODE if I see another person using this god aweful code and complain about it. How many TIMES do we have to say to NOT use that code!? Why are you using that code and where did you get it from? I'm going to kill windowl for not deleting those codes! -_-
MK, unless altered with codes, is just too good anyways. He will be banned in any sort of competitive Brawl+. Rob isn't top tier, he's just up there. D3 has kinda been nerfed overall. Snake, I'm not sure about cause I have yet to see a good snake player in a brawl+ vid so I don't know if he overall gets better, stays the same, or is nerfed.

From what I've seen in Kupo's videos it isn't too hard to recover with noASL because characters can still grab the ledge from a good distance away, much more than in Melee. So yeah, you don't have to really be that precise anymore, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
I agree. It still has some ASL properties at the end and is still hard to edge guard a little and all side b's ASL anyway so the Diddy is just going to have to suck it up. He has a side B and he can charge the barrels to point directly on the stage or sweet spot if he is good enough...

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Actually, looking at the new SBR tier list, that point I previously made doesn't really hold. Even so, you guys are right in that we should consider the Brawl+ teir list, not the vanilla. Basically, anyone with a good spike is gets the best out of NoASL, and that's a pretty huge chunk of the cast, really.

D

Deleted member

ok people this about brawl+, not how do I want to make brawl look, so please keep the 3 2 1 go thing out of this thread, because it has zero to do with game mechanics

MuBa

Smash Lord
ok people this about brawl+, not how do I want to make brawl look, so please keep the 3 2 1 go thing out of this thread, because it has zero to do with game mechanics
QFT!

Sorry if I wasn't that productive in the past couple of weeks it's just I've been soooo busy getting ready for college and all. Plus I'm packing my Wii today so I won't be doing any testing for a while but I do hope this project gets a lot of hype (and hopefully find SOME people liking this game in my college for even further testing) and show these idiot nay-sayers how awesome this game is.

kupo15

Smash Hero
lol sorry. I just don't think there is much to talk about until more codes are released, kupo!
^_^

shanus

Smash Hero
OMG, I am going to EXPLODE if I see another person using this god aweful code and complain about it. How many TIMES do we have to say to NOT use that code!? Why are you using that code and where did you get it from? I'm going to kill windowl for not deleting those codes! -_-

I agree. It still has some ASL properties at the end and is still hard to edge guard a little and all side b's ASL anyway so the Diddy is just going to have to suck it up. He has a side B and he can charge the barrels to point directly on the stage or sweet spot if he is good enough...
Alright, was just tossing you feedback from me and my peers who play. They overall were hesitant towards removal of ASL ( I was all for it), but I just felt a slightly larger window could be nice. Nothing critical.

Also, whats the general consensus, 0 buffer or 5 buffer? What sort of errors have we been seeing?

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Well, i think if Brawl is in any point supperior to Melee, than it's in the buffer system, remember Melee, you never could do an arial attack right at the start of a jump, i don't want that back. I can't understand why people have problems with the Brawl Buffer system, it offers auto Cancelling and feels smooth.

Thats how i play at the moment:

- Custom CSS (http://www.mitglied.lycos.de/Deedolito01/SSBB_Custom_characterscreen.jpg)
- Allow Replays Longer Than Three Minutes
- Allow More Than 1000 Replays/Stages/Snapshots
- No Tripping
- Shield Stun
- Hitstun (+10%)
- Fast Fall Modifier (1.1)
- Crouch Cancel
- Auto L-cancel
- Player Action Modifier: Air Release Fix / Ground Release Fix (no Release Chain Grabs anymore)
- P.Trainer No Swap
- No ASL
- Lagless Edges

Where can I get this roster alignment code? The who linked in his first point. It's pretty cool, I'm surprised I never saw it. If it's only a few lines I'd use it. From the picture, one thing I'd like changed, is for Zelda's name to be just Zelda, and not "Zelda/Sheik." Also, her picture should only be her. If the hacker could make Sheik, and ZSS, then I'm sure they could mod the Zelda to be a lone version. :)

Does anyone have a version that separates Zelda?

shanus

Smash Hero
Where can I get this roster alignment code? The who linked in his first point. It's pretty cool, I'm surprised I never saw it. If it's only a few lines I'd use it. From the picture, one thing I'd like changed, is for Zelda's name to be just Zelda, and not "Zelda/Sheik." Also, her picture should only be her. If the hacker could make Sheik, and ZSS, then I'm sure they could mod the Zelda to be a lone version. :)

Does anyone have a version that separates Zelda?
wow that roster alignment code is pretty sick. If its not intense on lines I think itd be a nice addition.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to modify the current "Hold L for Level Freeze" to add the option to reverse stages as well with some other input? That would be really nice.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
wow that roster alignment code is pretty sick. If its not intense on lines I think itd be a nice addition.
I believe it's 15-20 lines after customization. But I don't see the point of separating Sheik and Zelda. ZSS is the only valid separation, since it's the only character you have to hold sheild for normally. Everyone else would be just for convenience, and not much at that!

BTW does separating ZSS in this manner remove the suit pieces?

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
That's the code from my CSS

Code:
[Custom CSS (spunit262 + Shadic)]
* 0668310C 00000040
* 387E006C 3B600000
* 3C808068 38840DE0
* 7CBB20AE 7CA50775
* 41800020 2C050029
* 40A10008 38A00028
* 94A30004 3B7B0001
* 2C1B0032 4180FFDC
* 48000028 60000000
* 04690338 48000068
* 066900D8 00000008
* 2C170028 41820168
* 02680DE0 0022FFFF
* 06680DE0 00000028
* 00022401 03050618
* 0823090E 071A0410
* 16151D20 0D0F1311
* 0B171F27 1E220C14
* 2521190A 12261C29
It's pretty large so i only use it as long as i have codespace left, Sheik and the Pokemon get their own place so that the Character screen stays lookin rectangular, it doesn't matter if you just add ZSS, or 4 more characters, it would be the same line size.
The cool thing is that if you choose Random, you will get a chance that you start as ZSS, Sheik, or any Pokemon. And the CPU can also start as ZSS, even in training mode.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
That's the code from my CSS

Code:
[Custom CSS (spunit262 + Shadic)]
* 0668310C 00000040
* 387E006C 3B600000
* 3C808068 38840DE0
* 7CBB20AE 7CA50775
* 41800020 2C050029
* 40A10008 38A00028
* 94A30004 3B7B0001
* 2C1B0032 4180FFDC
* 48000028 60000000
* 04690338 48000068
* 066900D8 00000008
* 2C170028 41820168
* 02680DE0 0022FFFF
* 06680DE0 00000028
* 00022401 03050618
* 0823090E 071A0410
* 16151D20 0D0F1311
* 0B171F27 1E220C14
* 2521190A 12261C29
It's pretty large so i only use it as long as i have codespace left, Sheik and the Pokemon get their own place so that the Character screen stays lookin rectangular, it doesn't matter if you just add ZSS, or 4 more characters, it would be the same line size.
The cool thing is that if you choose Random, you will get a chance that you start as ZSS, Sheik, or any Pokemon. And the CPU can also start as ZSS, even in training mode.
Great, thanks dude!

I believe it's 15-20 lines after customization. But I don't see the point of separating Sheik and Zelda. ZSS is the only valid separation, since it's the only character you have to hold sheild for normally. Everyone else would be just for convenience, and not much at that!

BTW does separating ZSS in this manner remove the suit pieces?
Lame response is lame. Did you see the picture? Did you notice how it looks perfect for all of the additional character selection squares? They already added a spot for Sheik, but Zelda's spot is still both Sheik and Zelda. It'd be nice, and would make sense, if Zelda's spot was only Zelda.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I think that we should really use 5 for the buffer code, I recommend it to everyone since it does make it more challenging and make you give better imputs and at the same time doesn't constrict you into feeling that it's screwing you up.

Hopefully those of you that try it agree.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Would any1 here expect that when it comes down to the wire with code space the level speed modifier codes will be dropped?

I myself think these codes showcase something great about Brawl+. We have a better level selection, Pictochat, Warioware, and a few others are just too good now, and I would be a travesty for that option to fade because of line limitation. As of right now, I'm using the individual freeze code, as the hold L to Freeze code worked very unreliably. If it was improved, and still was few lines, I'd use it in a heart beat.

Do you guys think it's important to have better stages in Brawl+, more neutrals and counterpicks??

D

Deleted member

can I opt 6 frames? since that is 1/10 of a second it sounds like a good value to mee (still have to port the code to test it)

D

Deleted member

ehm not really, I for example think it should not be LOWER than 5, and 1/10 of a second just sounds so logical

Osi

Smash Ace
Would any1 here expect that when it comes down to the wire with code space the level speed modifier codes will be dropped?

I myself think these codes showcase something great about Brawl+. We have a better level selection, Pictochat, Warioware, and a few others are just too good now, and I would be a travesty for that option to fade because of line limitation. As of right now, I'm using the individual freeze code, as the hold L to Freeze code worked very unreliably. If it was improved, and still was few lines, I'd use it in a heart beat.

Do you guys think it's important to have better stages in Brawl+, more neutrals and counterpicks??
It's a pretty short code. We may need to keep it minimal and only have it on for some. Maybe something like picto, PS2, wario, and then leave all the CPs and others alone. This would be such a short code I couldn't see it being hard to fit.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I wouldnt mind that code for warioware, but I'd never use it on Picto. And I don't think I'd use it on PS2 either, but others may.

D

Deleted member

ok let's keep the buffer on personal preference for now, since opinions vary too much.
also what are people using for hitstun, shieldstun and fallspeed combinations now?

I'm on
9% hitstun
3/2 shieldstun (I hate the pushback)
1.3 fallspeed

D

Deleted member

well to find the perfect one we should test 0-10 but I think we can already say that the following are most likely: 0,3, 5/6, 10

Eaode

Smash Champion
Pretty obvious it should be left to personal preference now and when it comes time to decide standard codesets, take a vote on it (among other things). Although you'd have to have some kind of vote so that it couldn't be skewed dramatically by anti-Brawl+ people lol.

zxeon

Smash Lord

Almas

Smash Lord
Can I ask what you found unreliable about the holding L code? Is it just the entire must be P1, must be Wired GCN controller etc.? Or were there actual glitches?

And I know someone, somewhere requested other button inputs for other speeds:

Button Activated Levelspeed Change [8 Lines] Almas
215E25D8 00000000
8000000F 3F800000
284DE4B0 000001C0
8000000F 00000000
284DE4B1 00000580
8000000F BF800000
E2000002 80008000
8420000F 9016A904

I've set X to -1 and L to 0 in this example. Untested, but should function with the same glitches as the other one.

Top Bottom