• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Are you sure? I was just at 1.02 and I wasn't seeing some mad increase in speed. Let me make sure I typed the code right...

EDIT: It must be late. 3F828F5C is the value I placed in the yellow text and I wasn't see a mad increase in speed. Hell, I wasn't seeing much of an increase at all. I'm going crazy I think...

EDIT 2: This code effects the roll speed on the recovering rolls from the helpless state you are put in when your character hits the ground, correct?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Are you sure? I was just at 1.02 and I wasn't seeing some mad increase in speed. Let me make sure I typed the code right...

EDIT: It must be late. 3F828F5C is the value I placed in the yellow text and I wasn't see a mad increase in speed. Hell, I wasn't seeing much of an increase at all. I'm going crazy I think...
Its borked. I tried 3F800001 and there was no change from float 1.2. Ill contacted pw but its a nice 64 style roll

What would be great is if we can just have a dash speed, FF and jump speed modifier from spunits code. That would be great and fit well with the brawlery code set

B.W.

Smash Champion
Glad to see people agreed with my whole tech skill post.

The only things I could say is, make teching a button press you have to practice. Make meteor canceling a button you have to practice (and make it a little less good so that spikes are still dangerous), and make power shielding a button you have to practice, and give it some kind of benefit for pulling it off, (maybe stunning the player if they hit with a physical attack, and reflect projectiles.)

While it'd be the same concept as L-cancelling, it would work better with these individual things. Reason being is, L-cancelling was something you had to practice in Melee, but it was easy to do. Making it harder in B+ could be done, but leaving it as is puts people on the same offensive page, thus making the game easier to get into.

With these other three things though, they're all defensive and can be used for better escapes or for countering to make a come back. Though when you think about it all it's not 100% needed to use them since when you don't land a tech you just hit the ground. You have options out of that (we're used to this happening in B+ anyway because the tech window blows right now). You don't need a power shield either, but making it a hard to pull off button press could add to your game and it would give people something to want to practice. Meteor cancelling. Practice it or get F*cked.

In the mean time, I'll do what I can to think of simple, yet effective and interesting ideas for techs in B+. I'm sure I could come up with something.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Is there any code that could be made that would make it so when you use the frame by frame code and then save the replay the replay will run smoothly like you didn't even use the code? If I try to watch a replay of a match where I used the frame by frame code, everything goes to hell

I would like to do some cool stuff and then watch it :)

SGX

Smash Journeyman
Using 1.02, tech speed is godly. I don't think its TOO fast. Once we get air momentum, I think this will be perfect.

Almas

Smash Lord
Though I haven't examined the code, the highlighted value seems to add to a value, not multiply by it. It may be that the code will function as desired for values below 1.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Glad to see people agreed with my whole tech skill post.

The only things I could say is, make teching a button press you have to practice. Make meteor canceling a button you have to practice (and make it a little less good so that spikes are still dangerous), and make power shielding a button you have to practice, and give it some kind of benefit for pulling it off, (maybe stunning the player if they hit with a physical attack, and reflect projectiles.)

While it'd be the same concept as L-cancelling, it would work better with these individual things. Reason being is, L-cancelling was something you had to practice in Melee, but it was easy to do. Making it harder in B+ could be done, but leaving it as is puts people on the same offensive page, thus making the game easier to get into.

With these other three things though, they're all defensive and can be used for better escapes or for countering to make a come back. Though when you think about it all it's not 100% needed to use them since when you don't land a tech you just hit the ground. You have options out of that (we're used to this happening in B+ anyway because the tech window blows right now). You don't need a power shield either, but making it a hard to pull off button press could add to your game and it would give people something to want to practice. Meteor cancelling. Practice it or get F*cked.

In the mean time, I'll do what I can to think of simple, yet effective and interesting ideas for techs in B+. I'm sure I could come up with something.
I still don't believe in meteor canceling. Spikes are finishers and the same reason why you can't escape a death from a knee at 120% is the same reason why you can't escape a spike at 50% and die. I see no reason why you should be given this courtesy
Though I haven't examined the code, the highlighted value seems to add to a value, not multiply by it. It may be that the code will function as desired for values below 1.
ill give it a try.

Your right, .1 is closer to what we want. This code works

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Debug Pause:-(GCC)
80000000 805B8A08
0402E5AC 8819000B
4A000000 804DE470
38000000 EFFF1000
86410000 00000001
E2000001 00000000
4A000000 805B8A08
3A000002 00FF0000
12000002 00000001
E2000001 00000000
4A000000 804DE470
38000000 FFEF0010
4A000000 805B8A08
3A000002 FF000000
12000002 00000100
E2000002 00000000

Press Start to freeze the game(don't worry, the music and sounds are unaffected).
Press Z to step through frame by frame.
Press Start again to unfreeze the game.
(The new Start command is X+D^)

Button Modifier:
041E6CD8 4BE1C128
041E6D1C 4BE1C114
06002E00 00000068
9421FF80 BC410008
7CE4402E 7CE738F8
7CE73039 3864FFC0
7CE3412E 7CC4412E
B8410008 38210080
60000000 481E3EB0
9421FF80 BC410008
7C03202E 3DC01000
7DCE70F8 7C007039
740E0408 3DE00408
7C0E7800 40820008
64001000 B8410008
38210080 481E3EBC

Must be used with the Debug Pause

this code needs work, so far it can only be used for frame data collection there needs to be a way to have recorded matches with this code work properly

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
this code needs work, so far it can only be used for frame data collection there needs to be a way to have recorded matches with this code work properly
Why? Frame data collection is pretty much the only use for a frame by frame code (unless you want to make a perfect control video or something).

Sanu

Smash Champion
I forgot to mention... I did bring Brawl+ to a huge smashfest like I said I was going to, and people went nuts for it. They love it to pieces.

A lot of people complained about the FF speeds and dieing unnecessarily from that. A few others said there is a ridiculous amount of hitstun, but I don't think that's really a problem. People commented that MK is still broken as hell and that a lot of the old vBrawl defensive strategies are very much viable still. Snake plays almost exactly the same, but 50% better due to the Brawl+ additions.

I have a few recorded doubles matches if anyone wants to see an upload.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
gangastakirby: Don't we already have a whole thread for that....?

Sanuzi: You're talking Beta 2, right? The FFs do take a small adjustment, but I think they're great for control and comboing.

And I've heard different things about Snake. He does play very similar and has picked up some new hotness, but surely people noticed his ability to "get played" as well, yeah?

GPDP

Smash Ace
I forgot to mention... I did bring Brawl+ to a huge smashfest like I said I was going to, and people went nuts for it. They love it to pieces.

A lot of people complained about the FF speeds and dieing unnecessarily from that. A few others said there is a ridiculous amount of hitstun, but I don't think that's really a problem. People commented that MK is still broken as hell and that a lot of the old vBrawl defensive strategies are very much viable still. Snake plays almost exactly the same, but 50% better due to the Brawl+ additions.

I have a few recorded doubles matches if anyone wants to see an upload.
Was this with the old codeset, before the individual character balancing?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yeah, there are viable strategies for taking him on, but that doesn't make it easy to do so =P. Wario is the same way, he plays just like in vBrawl, but I don't think there's any real way to fix that. A lot of the original Brawl characters play like they do in vBrawl. As for the codeset, I was using Kupo's from around February 3rd combined with MuBa's fastfall height.

Also, I'm sure you guys know, but there are a lot of overpowered characters due to the screwed up tech timing. Ganon's d-air is deadly if you miss the first tech, you can combo d-air into d-air to around 80% and then f-air for the finisher.

Edit: Yes, it was before the character balancing. I've updated my codeset and will test it out this weekend at the next smashfest. Results/comments/videos (if requested) pending! To be honest, I doubt there will be much of "noticed" difference. For experimentation purposes, I'll won't mention the recent code updates and note peoples' reactions/how they feel.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Though I haven't seen these 80% dair combos with Gdorf, it's still great to see the game had a positive reception. The tech window is tough for newcomers to B+, it's taken me 3 weeks to get just 'ok' at it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
. As for the codeset, I was using Kupo's from around February 3rd combined with MuBa's fastfall height.
Thats the problem. Everything MuBa code set is too much. Nothing particularly wrong with that if you want that sort of fun but Mookies and mine are a bit more "sensible?" when it comes to values. Once again, nothing wrong with that. I don't know how to explain the reason for your crowds response without sounding like Im dissing the code set
@ shell: im not advertising, im just tryin to make anyone who is listening that the code is not "perfect" and it could be put to more desirable uses than JUST the one thing it is already being used for... if i had problems with other codes then id inform sum1 who could help just as i have now
Its not a problem with the code and Im sorry but this isn't the thread to discuss that. We never asked for that code and we really aren't interested in it for the purposes this thread addresses

Alopex

Smash Ace
Kupo, has spunit fixed the v8 shieldstun code so that it doesn't have NPS'ing? I recall you mentioning that the previous shieldstun code didn't have NPS'ing.

And is there any progress on tech window and ledge invincibilty to go along with lagless ledges?

EDIT:
Also, I can't get behind unified support for the Beta 2 set if they don't make the variable values plainly obvious. For example, what shieldstun value are they using? I dislike the "feed them blindly" approach. You guys want us to solely support the Beta 2 in order to establish a standard faster, but you won't present the variables you're using openly? That's not going to fly with me. Individual codesets have the current advantage of posting exactly what variables are changed, so that I know what's different between them. I don't have to do conversions in order to get all the values. Until the Beta 2 does that, I'm not going near it. It's just poor communication for a project that thrives entirely on the community.

Presenting the character specific changes is an example of proper communication. Why stop there?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Kupo, has spunit fixed the v8 shieldstun code so that it doesn't have NPS'ing? I recall you mentioning that the previous shieldstun code didn't have NPS'ing.

And is there any progress on tech window and ledge invincibilty to go along with lagless ledges?
nope. I would just use the older version. I don't see anything wrong with it. Also nothing has been done with those codes. We have a tech roll speed mod, will be getting shield during DD, meteors becomes spikes, and air momentum code withing a day or 2

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Also, I can't get behind unified support for the Beta 2 set if they don't make the variable values plainly obvious. For example, what shieldstun value are they using? I dislike the "feed them blindly" approach. You guys want us to solely support the Beta 2 in order to establish a standard faster, but you won't present the variables you're using openly? That's not going to fly with me. Individual codesets have the current advantage of posting exactly what variables are changed, so that I know what's different between them. I don't have to do conversions in order to get all the values. Until the Beta 2 does that, I'm not going near it. It's just poor communication for a project that thrives entirely on the community.
Though it is pretty easy just to go through and check the values yourself I do have to agree. Not having all the values right out in the open make it more difficult to discuss and try to fix issues we have with the current code sets. It makes it harder to address the issues and give advice on how to fix the problems. It is bad for a community built game to do it this way. I am glad the character specific settings were released because those are the parts that seem most important to be released to the masses and get feedback on.

When I get back from class I will be sure to check all the values and release them unless someone already has them up by then. I hope that in future releases the Brawlplusery team will show what the values are on release.

kupo15

Smash Hero
EDIT:

Presenting the character specific changes is an example of proper communication. Why stop there?
thats a valid point

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm pretty positive Beta2 is this:
Hitstun 8.5%
Dash Speed 1.15
Shieldstun 11/22/5
Buffer 1
Hitlag 50/60 (not positive on this one)
Custom grav/SH/FH/FF values (as seen in the chart in the OP of it)
Powershield 2 frames

I'm prolly forgetting other variables

Also Alopex, if you wanted to request it, you should have just done so in our thread for it. And if you haven't tested it yet, you should, because its awesome.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I thought I remembered hearing that with the Gecko update we will get the ability to use texture hacks without burning a new Disk. Is that true? And I am so psyched for the momentum code. I expect good things.

How well will the values (in the character specific hacks) work if you use them in your own code set? Will it make everything unbalanced?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Thats the problem. Everything MuBa code set is too much. Nothing particularly wrong with that if you want that sort of fun but Mookies and mine are a bit more "sensible?" when it comes to values. Once again, nothing wrong with that. I don't know how to explain the reason for your crowds response without sounding like Im dissing the code set

Fair enough. I'll test out the beta2 today or tomorrow, but am hoping that the landing lag (aerials) isn't terrible like it used to be in your February 3rd codeset. MuBa definitely did some things right with his codeset

Forgot to mention that a grab speed of 1.35 really enhanced the amount of options the players had. It was good for confusing players as to which way to DI versus just having 1-2 viable grabs for each character. Most of the time, you can just DI to avoid getting hit from those 1-2 grabs though. I'm not saying to up the grab speed to 1.35, but saying that the grab speeds should be looked at again.

Random Tidbit: Falcon's up-throw to knee seems to work devastatingly well. This doesn't make sense XD, but it's funny. Also, in Kupo's Feb 3rd codeset, Falcon's down-throw chain grabbed nearly everyone in the cast including MK o.0. I hope that has been fixed since then.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Fair enough. I'll test out the beta2 today or tomorrow, but am hoping that the landing lag (aerials) isn't terrible like it used to be in your February 3rd codeset. MuBa definitely did some things right with his codeset

Forgot to mention that a grab speed of 1.35 really enhanced the amount of options the players had. It was good for confusing players as to which way to DI versus just having 1-2 viable grabs for each character. Most of the time, you can just DI to avoid getting hit from those 1-2 grabs though. I'm not saying to up the grab speed to 1.35, but saying that the grab speeds should be looked at again.

Random Tidbit: Falcon's up-throw to knee seems to work devastatingly well. This doesn't make sense XD, but it's funny. Also, in Kupo's Feb 3rd codeset, Falcon's down-throw chain grabbed nearly everyone in the cast including MK o.0. I hope that has been fixed since then.
Falcon only CGs ppl who DI horribly. Every set has this. Try doing a dthrow with falcon at that throw speed or dthrow with bowser.

And you mean youre considering 1/3 landing lag instead of 1/2?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Falcon only CGs ppl who DI horribly. Every set has this. Try doing a dthrow with falcon at that throw speed or dthrow with bowser.
Good to know, I didn't get a chance to test with people as we were mostly playing doubles anyways.

And you mean youre considering 1/3 landing lag instead of 1/2?
Well, I was thinking around 60% or slightly higher than 50% as it increases potential for stringing moves together while comb-oing, 1/3rd would most likely be too much though. The players themselves had no problem with 60% reduced landing lag, I haven't tested with 50% though. I'll get on that this weekend and let you guys know if people notice a difference and if they like/dislike the change =)

Revven

FrankerZ
I thought I remembered hearing that with the Gecko update we will get the ability to use texture hacks without burning a new Disk. Is that true?
Yes, it's what Igglyboo and PW have been working on for the past month or so. They have it done but, are waiting for the release of Gecko 2.0 to jump start it all. It'll be using the same feature we'd be using, the patching feature of Gecko 2.0.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Yes, it's what Igglyboo and PW have been working on for the past month or so. They have it done but, are waiting for the release of Gecko 2.0 to jump start it all. It'll be using the same feature we'd be using, the patching feature of Gecko 2.0.
So I will be able to just download the skins (I assume also give them proper naming conventions) and load up my game? Sweet. This project is just getting better and better. I do have one question though, what are the possibilities of making characters have more costumes than they are built for?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
please no texture discussions here ><
Sorry, I assumed it would be welcome here. I have a request for all those who have their codesets on the first page. Although it may look neater to make packs with many codes under one name, it makes it difficult to edit. Is there any way you can split them up next time.

I just played MuBa's settings for the first time and I approve. The one thing is that I would set fast fall to 2 frames so if your fast enough, you don't need the c-stick. Also, I've been playing with no turnaround frame on, and although it may give you a bit too much manuverability, it is lots of fun. I recommend trying it at least once.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
you mean like the bundle at the top? You don't want the no asl or something );
What I was thinking of exactly was in MuBa's code set and maybe yours and Mookies too, the no fast fall on c-stick is clumped with other codes. Like I mentioned when I was talking about MuBa's settings, I like setting fast fall to 2 frames so I don't fast fall when using the buttons if I am very quick.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
mine is pretty easy to edit. Its all in order of how the codes are listed with the line amount.
I guess your right. I could have just copied a part of the code from the original post then use find. Way easier than I had originally thought. Sorry, I was being stupid.

SGX

Smash Journeyman
Alright, here's my current codeset, based off of shanus's beta2 and some mods by Muba.
Modifications are as followed:
Dash speed is 1.25 instead of 1.15
Tech Roll speed up is enabled (1.0)
PS Mod code is 3 frames
Hitlag is Kupo's standard instead of Muba's none
Buffer code is disabled
New Dead Lands code for Luigi's Mansion and Link's up B boost code.

download the gct directly here: http://accidentcore.com/RSBE01.gct

Feedback is welcome. I felt the need to post this set simply because it feels so great. Huge thanks to well....everyone, haha.

Code:
RSBE01
Smash Bros Brawl (US)

Brawl+

WiiRD Codes

Default Settings Modifier [9 lines]
* 24494A98 80000000
* 20523300 00000000
* 04523300 DEADBEEF
* 42000000 90000000
* 0417F360 00000104
* 0417F364 04000A00