• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

Almas

Smash Lord
I think it may be prudent to add the character specific codes to the OP, along with a link to leaf's handy helper for making your own version: here

shanus

Smash Hero
Please provide our values (read BETA 2.0 just came out) along with that code.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
If people like Beta 2 as much as I think they will, then we can finally retire the old individual code sets and move towards unification.

Revven

FrankerZ
If people like Beta 2 as much as I think they will, then we can finally retire the old individual code sets and move towards unification.
Hold your horses, we still need a few more codes and **** (gameplay ones). Let's not merge anymore until we have them.

Osi

Smash Ace
I would like to see the beta code sets be the regular ones to use. Keeping a standard which all people are testing on will help it become refined a bit faster.

Almas

Smash Lord
I would like to see the beta code sets be the regular ones to use. Keeping a standard which all people are testing on will help it become refined a bit faster.
This. Though the codeset certainly isn't complete (and can't be considering we lack codes), we believe furthering one individual set is the best way to get this mod to a tournament standard.

Osi

Smash Ace
This. Though the codeset certainly isn't complete (and can't be considering we lack codes), we believe furthering one individual set is the best way to get this mod to a tournament standard.
Yup, because pretty much most of the stuff found/commented on about muba/kupo/mookie's sets will not hold valid on the b+ broom set due to the variety of character specific physics changes. Combos will not work the same, so adjusting hitstun/speed/knock back type of aspects would be hard to do if they aren't on the current b+ broom set.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The only reason I'd hold on to them is that I've heard varying degrees of success in using the Beta 1/2 codeset online without desyncing. Someone used it successfully today, though, so who knows.

Otherwise, let's rock Beta 2.

GPDP

Smash Ace
We will be using the faster jumps code on the beta codesets, right? That and the dash speed are the only things that need tweaking still IMO.

Almas

Smash Lord
At the moment we are using some of PW's old codes, which are more prone to desynching (my theory) because they are slightly more processor intensive. Once spunit's codes are patched up, we will convert to them, and probably include a jump speed increase with it.

Osi

Smash Ace
All of the sudden ppl are talking a broom codeset possibly taking over.

May I ask what is going on? (hasn't been able to keep up)
The brawl+ broom members have made a set with character specific physics codes to adjust most the forms of movement, and it is currently in beta, so they are posting it to help get feedback on tweaking that needs to be done for the official set to come much later down the road.

kupo15

Smash Hero
new code guys

Pw message:

So far I have a beta for the momentum retaining code that seems to work pretty well - you can traverse the whole of Final Destination while Falcon Punching with a single jump. Tell me if it should be modified or not before I complete it.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
new code guys

Pw message:

So far I have a beta for the momentum retaining code that seems to work pretty well - you can traverse the whole of Final Destination while Falcon Punching with a single jump. Tell me if it should be modified or not before I complete it.
It's good to hear a momentum code is possible. :)

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I believe what the B+BR is doing with beta testing big codes is a great idea. The masses can find bugs and report them faster then a few people, even if one of them is the great PW :)

So on that note, I'd say let's see what we have to work with now. Post it as a new/need to be tested code and I'm sure people will be there to test it out and support it. That's my 2 cents.

storm92

Smash Ace
new code guys

Pw message:

Tell him to finish it =D

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Do I need to edit any values for this faster tech roll code? How much is it sped up by? I assume tech roll means any rolling animation your characters makes to recover from the ground, not just when you time a tech just right.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
At the moment we are using some of PW's old codes, which are more prone to desynching (my theory) because they are slightly more processor intensive. Once spunit's codes are patched up, we will convert to them, and probably include a jump speed increase with it.
Ah I had the same idea. I remember those codes had similar desyncs, I'm going to try mixing some of these codes with Kupo's codeset.

zxeon

Smash Lord
new code guys

Pw message:

I want! Ask him/her if we can have a go at it?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
It would be nice if there was a modifier in there somewhere for the momentum code. Also, I take it it is only additive (doesn't nerf characters like Jiggs?).

Could you explain the function of the tech modifier a bit more, please? Does it change the speed, input window, or both?

Dan_X

Smash Lord
new code guys

Pw message:

omg too good! This is perfect.

Tell him to finish it =D
I second this notion, I hope it works as well as I imagine!

PW is amazing!

Osi

Smash Ace
That sounds about right to me considering CF SH and Jump height.

FD is much smaller in brawl horizontaly than it was in melee... most the width of FD for a falcon dash SH sounds pretty close to correct given the character to stage size. Having that much of a dash SH made him so technical to space because he goes such a distance it's a bit rough to control at times. If he does a dash SH from one edge and goes all the way to the other that would be a bit much... but if he just covers most of the width of the stage then that sounds right.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Now, if we could just add in a good moon walk for everyone. I think I'd quit smash -- it'd be too good.

GPDP

Smash Ace
So... has anyone tested the tech speed code? I'm kinda done with the whole testing thing for today, so...

Top Bottom