• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
No Slow Turnaround
4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0008 40820008
3B800007 60000000
939E0038 00000000

No Dash end animation
4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0005 40820008
3B800000 60000000
939E0038 00000000

Their names imply their functions. Try them both and you'll understand.
Thanks, I'm pretty sure the no dash end animation is the one I am looking for but I'll just store both away safely.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Alright here's MuBa's Code Set. So far imo this version feels very smooth.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0W7B4YS9

Hitstun 0.4875

0.6 Hitlag

1.35 Fall Speed
1.25 Fast Fall
1.35 Dash Speed
Shield stun X=11 Z=22 Y=5
0.8 Short Hop
Hold SHIELD for Independent Pokemon +no wreck My Music
3/4 Stale Move Modifier
Shortened Power Shield Window

Hope you guys like it!
Kupo can you plz post my code on the first page? I'm trying to see what would people think about a more "Melee" fast gameplay feel like.

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
Kupo can you plz post my code on the first page? I'm trying to see what would people think about a more "Melee" fast gameplay feel like.
So that's what you were going for ? I find it to be really smooth and a lot of fun, it feels natural to me to play that way, yet I hadn't realized it.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
A panel to discuss the standard seems like a good idea, when the time comes. And by that time, we will have the "three degrees" of B+ pretty much fleshed out (Kupo, Mookie, Muba, from subtle to drastic).

How many people from the SBR do you estimate play B+? It would be nice to get as many as them as possible, then fill the rest of the slots with people from this thread. Like 3-5 from SBR, 3-5 testers from this very thread, and round the rest out with any hackers that want to be on the panel. That's a good 10-15 methinks. Again, I'm not saying now so don't get all you're panties in a bunch!

SGX

Smash Journeyman
I like the feel of Muba's except for the insanely high fall speed. I feel like it imbalances the recoveries too much. Characters with already weak recovery are even weaker. My code set is pretty similar to his except for 1.15-1.2 fall speed.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I'm thinking Muba's would be too fast with the dash speed. Increasing the dash speed that much wouldn't be bad if we had a code that increased roll speeds slightly. Seriously though, 35% run speed increase? That's a bit overdoing it. Every character shouldn't be as fast as CF used to be.

wazgood

Smash Ace
uhh JV replied to my message lol

Thanks for the feedback.

I am aware the Brawl+ community has been growing and growing and that general brawl is not the best place for it anymore.

Honestly, I need to go over a few things first. But give me until the end of next week and hopefully we can come up with a solution that works for everyone and caters a bit better to the brawl+ community.

-JV
FTW???

kupo15

Smash Hero
Updated the OP with the new merger. No more pretty colors....:(

Sonic: Why don't you just right click and save my txt file instead of c/p?

Is adding Muba's really necessary especially seeing how ridiculous it is? I also don't want like 50 (exaggeration) code sets up there

Starscream

Smash Ace
Updated the OP with the new merger. No more pretty colors....:(

Sonic: Why don't you just right click and save my txt file instead of c/p?

Is adding Muba's really necessary especially seeing how ridiculous it is? I also don't want like 50 (exaggeration) code sets up there
What makes it ridiculous? Some people want a really fast paced Brawl (I know I do) and Muba's is a good starting point for people with that aim. As soon as I get my Wii back I fully intend on giving it a shot. It looks fun.

I think the idea of having 3 different code styles is good. Mild, moderate and extreme like yours, Mookie's and Muba's respectively. Then again, everyone might start going "Oh post mine too!" "Me too!". So it's totally up to you, use your best judgment.

kupo15

Smash Hero
What makes it ridiculous? Some people want a really fast paced Brawl (I know I do) and Muba's is a good starting point for people with that aim. As soon as I get my Wii back I fully intend on giving it a shot. It looks fun.

I think the idea of having 3 different code styles is good. Mild, moderate and extreme like yours, Mookie's and Muba's respectively. Then again, everyone might start going "Oh post mine too!" "Me too!". So it's totally up to you, use your best judgment.
Yea thats what I'm afraid of. There is nothing wrong with Muba's set if you want to have fun but Mookie seems to know the limits of the extremes of what might be in the final set (see: hitstun when it first came out) and since Muba's is more extreme than Mookie's code set, I don't know if its worth putting up for the unofficial B+ standard. Ppl are more than welcome to edit their own code sets to the extreme for fun though but yea, I don't want a flood of "put mine up."

I'll wait a little bit

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Muba's is a bit much. I bet it is FUN AS HELL, but at the same time it's too much. 18% more run speed than my code with .75 more stun? .8 shorthops which jacks up a lot of characters and is probably not as good a .9 in most situations? It's great for a fun set, but when you are trying to find out what would make for a better competitive game it's going beyond the limits. 1.17% dash speed will be FAST once the air momentum code is done. This game will be roughly melee speed then.

Zilactic

Smash Cadet
yeah i just spent a couple of hours testing out Mubas codeset. and i have to say....
SUPER FUN SPEED ACTIVATE!!!!!!!!...... EXCELSIOR!!!!... WOOOOOSH!!!

yeah his codeset is SUPER fun but like kupo and mookie, i think its a bit too extreme.
i think 1.17 dash speed is the highest value i will go up to. (and is currently the value i use now)
and 1.2 down gravity (which is also what im using) is as high as i will go as well.

Ive never tried .8 SH but .9 SH feel just right.
Im digging the 1.25 FF though.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Mookie, two questions:

Why don't you use no decay plus fresh?
Why don't you reduce the PS window? Mine is set to 2 frames which doesn't change the difficulty of PSing but it makes accidental PS's less frequent. So you don't PS when you don't attempt it.

Ill be trying Mookies specs with some of my specs. I took his stuff and added the fresh bonus, made it a 1 frame PS, added 1.18 FF. I call it the MookieKupo :p

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Ill be trying Mookies specs with some of my specs. I took his stuff and added the fresh bonus, made it a 1 frame PS, added 1.18 FF. I call it the MookieKupo :p
man the mookiekupo is basically the plasmatorture set I think. :laugh:

Speaking of which, mine will always be found here and I will update it every time I make changes.

also .8 shorthops really aren't as ridiculous as one might expect, although I do agree they aren't balanced. Fun though...

1 frame PS sounds interesting. I still see a few unintentional accidental PS on 2 frame, but they're pretty rare. If they're performable on command with 1 frame and the accidental ones dissapear, that'd be cool I guess, but 2 is fine I think.

MuBa

Smash Lord
The whole point of me posting my code is to not encourage people to start posting theirs, but to rather have 3 differing settings for everyone to try out.

From conservative, to moderate, and to the extreme.

This way people will get a better idea of what kind of game the community would prefer in the final installment of Brawl+

Edit: In order for my code to get the full potential it will require a couple of more specific speed modifiers (such as aerial momentum and roll speed) so the gameplay wouldn't look awkward. But for now my code set is pretty fun....and no, not everyone runs like or close to Captain Falcon and Sonic lol.

Edit 2: kupo I could say the same thing about your code. It's ridiculous because it's slow as molasses.

storm92

Smash Ace
Mookie, two questions:

Why don't you reduce the PS window? Mine is set to 2 frames which doesn't change the difficulty of PSing but it makes accidental PS's less frequent. So you don't PS when you don't attempt it.

I'm actually doing the same thing.
I took Mookie's set then added some of your specs, and I've found its a lot of fun :laugh:

Almas

Smash Lord
As an FYI, I've more or less cracked character specific shorthops, as well as larger scale character changes (gravity, knockback dealt/received, damage dealt/received). I'm not posting them as of yet because they're not super-easy to comprehend, and I don't want to have to write 30 copies of the code. Instead, I am waiting for input from certain people to create one specific tailored set.

That said, if someone is in the mood to create a compiled list of which shorthop value is most appropriate to each character, I foresee it helping.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Edit 2: kupo I could say the same thing about your code. It's ridiculous because it's slow as molasses.
I bet you haven't tried my latest code set (not yesterday's update)

But I think there is a difference between the two extremes. Because I'm is closer to VB its easier to transition to which I think is important for those on the fence about joining us. Mookie has the fast paced style covered as well. Although I am constantly changing my codeset to become faster. I just don't want to get used to a fun fast paced game only to find that we decided to make it slightly slower. I also feel its easier to increase the speed of the game and harder to identify that maybe a version of the game is too fast that you have to scale it down. I never said your code set wasn't probably fun as hell anyway.

Sorry if I offended you.

GPDP

Smash Ace
As an FYI, I've more or less cracked character specific shorthops, as well as larger scale character changes (gravity, knockback dealt/received, damage dealt/received). I'm not posting them as of yet because they're not super-easy to comprehend, and I don't want to have to write 30 copies of the code. Instead, I am waiting for input from certain people to create one specific tailored set.

That said, if someone is in the mood to create a compiled list of which shorthop value is most appropriate to each character, I foresee it helping.
That is awesome. I look forward to this.

Really, though, I believe .9 is a great universal value, but of course, only a few characters should be exempted, such as Ganondorf, Falcon, Marth, DK, and Wolf. A few other characters, such as Samus and Lucario, would probably benefit from .8 more than .9 IMO.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Kupo and Mookie should go to the chat and have a really huge and somewhat unnecessary public live debate on putting their codesets together for a better one. :p

Mostly because they each individually have stuff that the other codeset needs. :O

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I thought I added that, I'm pretty sure I did, but I might not have labeled it in my text file.
Why don't you reduce the PS window? Mine is set to 2 frames which doesn't change the difficulty of PSing but it makes accidental PS's less frequent.
Well, lowering it by 2 frames instead of what it was would change the difficulty of PSing. Also, there is no reason and evidence to believe that power shielding is broken. I said this many times. Just cause the code is out doesn't change my stance on it :-P. Also, accidental power shields don't matter much because most of the time people don't react fast enough to an accident to make use of it.

We shouldn't fix things just because it "could" be a problem. I also don't feel the need to make the teching window easier either. It would be a simple fix later on down the road if power shielding becomes a problem, but as of right now there is no reason to do it. If we nerf it now it will more than likely never be un-nerfed.
Mostly because they each individually have stuff that the other codeset needs. :O
I disagree, and I will debate with anyone regarding my reasons for the codes I use.

@Almas
I think it would be simpler to have a universal short hop height set to .9 and then alter characters that need it to be different. I think for the most part .9 is ideal and only a handful of characters need either their full height or significantly less height. I'd like to help right now with this, but I have classes all day till 8:45 tonight -_-.

Also, modifying damage dealt AND recieved? Oh man does that sound freakin awesome. I'm going to have to rethink how to buff Bowser in light of that.

poklin

Smash Apprentice
ZSS needs a muchhh smaller SH also also i don't think falcon should have normal short hop should be .9 for sure.

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
Hey, I know you guys are busy, and I love Brawl+, but could someone write a code to change Ness' bat sound to the same sound as the homerun bat? I can't imagine it'd be a tough code, I just don't know how to do it. I just miss that satisfying sound.

Edit: On a more serious note, is anything being done about Ness and Lucas' lack of ability to slide up the wall coming from the right with PK Thunder? Just curious.

Osi

Smash Ace
Hey guys, would anyone happen to know if we can change the timing on a B move? I have been discussing samus with my friend who main'ed her in melee, and he seems to think the missile cancel being back may help with her a bit. I tend to agree on this one too.

The missiles just can't be canceled as low any more, so the cancel to standing double missile is gone, and SH missiles are not as much of a tool against short characters. You also can't platform cancel them at all due to this. Has anyone looked into the aspects of B move cancels?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Well the only thing I could think of is to alter the speed of the animation of the missile. I'm not sure if it's a good thing to go through all that though, it sounds like it would be code intensive.

Osi

Smash Ace
Yea that was my big worry on it. If there is one or two lines that could speed it up I'd be all for that, but I wouldn't want to waste more than say 5 or 6 lines on a minor character specific fix.

Starscream

Smash Ace
That is awesome. I look forward to this.

Really, though, I believe .9 is a great universal value, but of course, only a few characters should be exempted, such as Ganondorf, Falcon, Marth, DK, and Wolf. A few other characters, such as Samus and Lucario, would probably benefit from .8 more than .9 IMO.
Falcon benefits far more from a .9 shorthop than he does from an autocancel dair. A nair closer to the ground is much better and I always fastfall the dair anyways. Marth is also better with .9. Double Fair is really easy if on 1 buffer and still consistently doable on 0 (same difficulty as Melee's). The lower Nair is a lot better and he still autocancels everything but Dair on .9. DK can still do SH double Bair's on .9 with 1 buffer but the hitbox barely comes out. I think something like .91-3 would be good for him.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hey, I know you guys are busy, and I love Brawl+, but could someone write a code to change Ness' bat sound to the same sound as the homerun bat? I can't imagine it'd be a tough code, I just don't know how to do it. I just miss that satisfying sound.
Oh gods, this. So hard.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Hitstun [Phantom Wings, spunit262]
02B88F48 00030001
04B87AA8 3ECCCCCD

*Crosses fingers*

Almas

Smash Lord
Are you sure you dealt with the performing actions while in hitstun thing, spunit?

Top Bottom