• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

Spike222

Smash Cadet
The only thing I dislike about what I'm assuming is the buffer, is that it kills Wolf's Forward air completely. In normal brawl you can roll your thumb from jump to Fair and immediately does his Fair with 100% landing cancel. Blows not being able to do that now... great combo starter.

zxeon

Smash Lord
The only thing I dislike about what I'm assuming is the buffer, is that it kills Wolf's Forward air completely. In normal brawl you can roll your thumb from jump to Fair and immediately does his Fair with 100% landing cancel. Blows not being able to do that now... great combo starter.
I have no trouble comboing with Wolf's Fiar. It's still extremely easy to abuse.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yeah, I don't see the three different sets ever reconciling. I would say just get everyone within the sets to agree, and then let the TOs decide which style (sh)he prefers.

D

Deleted member

I don't think having three different sets is a good idea, and I'm sure we can agree on a single set, as long as we don't have 200 people voting about it

Eaode

Smash Champion
This debate should be held until we have certain things like Character specific Short Hops (and maybe the tech window mod)

Because I know I'm never going to convince people to see the awesomeness of upwards gravity if they don't have Ganon's Auto-Cancels >_<;;;

Spike222

Smash Cadet
I have no trouble comboing with Wolf's Fiar. It's still extremely easy to abuse.
It's just not as effective as before, since the Fair would come out the instant he left the ground... and the hit box is pretty big. Now you have to SH first and then Fair after you've jumped or as your coming down from a jump.

I was in the habit of canceling the lag before brawl+ so its been weird to get used to. In the process 'Wolf Walling' is also eliminated, but I think that's a good thing.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Eaode on everything but upward gravity (though he's right that .95 shorthops is needed if 1.1 upwards gravity is used). 1.15 dash speed is a good standand, it may even be bumped up to 1.17. Given the higher upwards gravity isn't used, the hitstun could probably be bumped up to .49

Short hops should be .9 for now. Character specific short hops will obviously make this value less of an issue (but gives us pressure to test each character to see what is best for him or her).

11/22/5 shieldstun may be a better set of values.

Oh, and 1 buffer must be used, hands down. There must be instant aerials.

D

Deleted member

I agree there must be some buffer window, so ! for me too.
downwards should be 1.2 or 1.25 with the latter having my vote.
upwards should be 1.05 or maybe 1.1 but not higher or just 1
the triplet set is not too well tested here yet, but dash speed should be at leat 1.15
short hops could be 0.9 but I think 0.95 or 1 is fine, fastfalling not more than 1.1 with the downwards gravity already there.

hitlag I never cared too much about a precise value since for me 1/2 +1 works fine.
shieldstun is a bit harder and I keep forgetting the format everybody is posting in making it a tad difficult.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Yea I'll change my buffer and shield stun soon, when I get un-lazy. *is playing Advance Wars in front of his computer*

I personally LOVE upwards gravity, but I know the only way it will be accepted is if we have Character Specific SH's

GPDP

Smash Ace
Sh aerials w/o buffer are not hard. Just learn the length of your character's jump frames and aerial the frame you're airborne. I don't see the problem here.
Thing is, it is literally impossible to perform an aerial immediately after a jump without buffer. Even in 1/4 speed, it seemingly cannot be done. Even in Melee, which had no buffer system, it was possible. And some AC aerials NEED to be performed immediately after a jump.

D

Deleted member

melee did have buffer, but only like 1 or 2 frames. also melee read button input differently

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I don't think having three different sets is a good idea, and I'm sure we can agree on a single set, as long as we don't have 200 people voting about it
I just meant that if a board of people decide upon a standard without any say of the people, people aren't going to be happy, so the group should make 2 or 3 sets and then have people decide which of those 3 should become standard.

Also, do you think we should look into jump height so that upward gravity can be bumped up to speed up game play without ruining peoples jump?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I think a 3 frame buffer window would be nice, but I wouldn't go beyond 3 frames. Is there any chance of a buffer code that doesn't glitch out?

As far as the single code set thing, it's a bit too early for that.

Almas

Smash Lord
Paprika, check your messages man!

I can already tweak jump height. And I'm somewhat aware of what can be achieved by doing it.

Eaode

Smash Champion

I can already tweak jump height. And I'm somewhat aware of what can be achieved by doing it.
What do you mean you can tweak jump height? Do you mean jump launch power?

Also does this mean you can boost certain characters' revcoveries?

I would be so happy if all the cons of upwards gravity were solved

GPDP

Smash Ace

Any chance of us getting a code for it? :) All that's left is to find a way to also tweak recovery height.

zxeon

Smash Lord

Do you think that adding jump force would help offset the slight nerf caused by setting the upward gravity to 1.05 and keep jumps from "floating" at the apex?

Almas

Smash Lord
Adding jump force could partially undo the effects of changing upwards grav, yes. I'm not too happy with it, because for some reason bubble character jumps are tracked differently (normally full hops and double jumps are controlled by the same specific code, but not for bubbles).

I was thinking more along the lines of lowering a character's gravity (so their Up+B reaches higher), then decreasing the launch power of their jumps to compensate. It'd make them slightly more floaty, though. Link would be a prime candidate for this, of course. D³ also.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Is there a non glitchy buffer code? Playing with 0 was painful with the no instant aerials, but I cry every time I N-air off the side with Ike after shielding an attack.

EDIT: Sounds like some good stuff Almas. Good luck with the code, we're all excited to test it! :)

zxeon

Smash Lord
What do you mean you can tweak jump height? Do you mean jump launch power?

Also does this mean you can boost certain characters' revcoveries?

I would be so happy if all the cons of upwards gravity were solved
Any chance of us getting a code for it? :) All that's left is to find a way to also tweak recovery height.
Do you think that adding jump force would help offset the slight nerf caused by setting the upward gravity to 1.05 and keep jumps from "floating" at the apex?
Look at us. Like a pack of hungry dogs. lol

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I really love the effect that upwards gravity has on movement, everything's tighter.

That said, I'm not a fan of how it affects knockback trajectories. Even the smallest change I tried, 1.04, immediately and drastically changes the knockback trajectories. Downwards gravity doesn't seem to affect this so strongly.

Eaode

Smash Champion
:urg: egh, the only reason I love upwards gravity is for the decrease in floatiness. Is there any way to apply the launch power to individual characters? Also can this be applied specifically to recovery moves?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just excited ^_^

GPDP

Smash Ace
Adding jump force could partially undo the effects of changing upwards grav, yes. I'm not too happy with it, because for some reason bubble character jumps are tracked differently (normally full hops and double jumps are controlled by the same specific code, but not for bubbles).

I was thinking more along the lines of lowering a character's gravity (so their Up+B reaches higher), then decreasing the launch power of their jumps to compensate. It'd make them slightly more floaty, though. Link would be a prime candidate for this, of course. D³ also.
I dunno, I'm not too fond of the idea of making jumps even floatier than they already are. Again, the ideal situation would be to find the values that track bubble character jumps and those that modify gravity-affected recoveries (such as Sonic's and Link's) and adjust them accordingly with upward gravity. I just hope I'm not asking for too much...

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Does anyone still have the no turnaround frame code? I'm making my own code list for my personal pleasure and plan on using it but I appear to have lost it.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I think it was no turn around frame, do both the codes you speak of exist? If not then probably we are talking about the same thing. It was the temporary Dash Dance style code we were using for a while.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit confused, hopefully I can get some help...

There are two "No Auto-Sweetspot" codes here. One is 6 lines, the other 45.

Do both do exactly the same thing? The large difference in length is confusing me, I think.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I'm a bit confused, hopefully I can get some help...

There are two "No Auto-Sweetspot" codes here. One is 6 lines, the other 45.

Do both do exactly the same thing? The large difference in length is confusing me, I think.
One is meant to be used by itself, the other is to be used with the big merger code.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Hmm, Ill fix the OP later tonight and Idk why my codeset isn't working. Ill check that out also. IIRC, the 0 buffer I use has instant aerials

About the teching window, its stupidly tedious to do and besides, a better teching code will most likely allow locks to be techable.

Did I miss anything?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Ah. So I use the PW Merger code with the 6-line No ASL and the 3-line Hitstun? How much hitstun is the 3-line code set to?
It's not set to anything, it just goes with the merger code.

The constant writes code is the one that you use to edit the hitstun, dash speed, short hop height, and fast fall speed.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
No Slow Turnaround
4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0008 40820008
3B800007 60000000
939E0038 00000000

No Dash end animation
4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0005 40820008
3B800000 60000000
939E0038 00000000

Their names imply their functions. Try them both and you'll understand.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Hitstun/Shorthop Height/Dash Speed/Fastfall Speed [3 Lines]
065A9300 00000010
HITSTUNX SHORTHOP
DASHDASH FASTFALL

I only want to edit hitstun. Should I replace "HITSTUNX" with my hex values and... do what with the rest?

Top Bottom