• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo's starting from 0 with mk what are they, and how valid are they?

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Im pretty sure MK has ALOT of combo strings starting from 0 I'd really like to sort of compile a list as to what they are, the extent of how long it can be used RELIABLY, and damage output.

Everything that you guys can find that is valid situational or not PLEASE let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Dtilt trip to dash grab/ftilt/dsmash
Up air chains to up B/tornado/nair/etc
Up tilt to grab on heavy characters
Dthrow to tornado/fair/regrab/etc
Fthrow to up air/tornado

Just off the top of my head.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
There aren't many valid combos starting at 0 because of DI.

Best one I know of is glide attack to n-air to f-tilt.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I seem to get Glide Attack to Shuttle loop around 20-40% depending on characters, and DI sometimes. It is kinda funny.

Omni, you can buffer the U-air after that N-air too. (pretty sure. I saw m2k do it on a snake cpu)

Max Ketchum

Yeah, I forgot about the M2K combo that Omni mentioned.

Glide attack to nair to various

Also, the ksizzle/Jeana combos:

First two hits of bair to dsmash/grab/ftilt/nair/tornado/other stuff
First two hits of fair to Shuttle Loop/up air/nair/charged fsmash/other stuff

And the EMUKILLER COMBO! Shuttle Loop to glide attack. It actually works if your opponent is stupid enough to air dodge after getting hit by the up B.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
This only works if you are high up, but string a bunch of U-airs together and after running out of jumps, tornado the opponent. It should result in a star-K.O.

OMFG, M2K posted here!

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
D-throw to d-throw to F-air to edge guard.
Running F-throw, running F-throw, D-air, then edge guard. Emphasis on the running. You need to slide with your running grab as you grab to keep up to your DIing opponent, and you need to F-throw ASAP.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
FH double up air (to chain up air)
which chars are too small to be hit by the first hit?

dre_89_

Smash Cadet
Sorry I'm not an Mk main but when you chain uairs for a star ko, can you upb instead of tornado?

TheMike

Smash Lord
After the M2K Combo, sometimes Far or Up B works...
Dash Attack to Nair is very nice, too.

Dthrow to stuff, u can also charge a Fsmash after it predicting ur opponents Air Dodge, but that's not a true combo =[

Uair string was already mentioned, it's really useful to rack up damage/juggle.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
sideb cancel into w.e
dash attack > uair maybe
dair dsmash at low % maybe
ftilt cancel into w.e maybe
dair > utilt at low %

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Cool, I appreciate what has been contributed so far thanks guys.

Also what do you guys think of this?

D tilt (causing a trip animation) > to dashing SH Dair > !st of Fair (in the same jump right after the dair) > Grounded Up B

If not an grounded Up-b at the end you can get under the opponent and Up Air > to another Up Air (or SL or Nair)

afterward there damage becomes to high to keep anything going besides juggle traps, nado's, and great reads

So what do you guys think?

TheMike

Smash Lord

D tilt (causing a trip animation) > to dashing SH Dair > !st of Fair (in the same jump right after the dair) > Grounded Up B

If not an grounded Up-b at the end you can get under the opponent and Up Air > to another Up Air (or SL or Nair)

afterward there damage becomes to high to keep anything going besides juggle traps, nado's, and great reads

Well, i don't think it's necessary to dash so a to SH Dair, because at 0% the opponent trips too close from u.

I'll try to soon test this, but at first, i think it works =D

Staco

Smash Champion

I think you can better do SH Dair > 1st + 2nd hit of Fair > Grab/Dsmash/Dtilt etc.
but sometimes Snake ends up over MK, sometimes he ends in front of MK.
So sometimes Uair is better, sometimes Grab or other ground stuff.

And Grab or spaced stuff is always better after the DTilt, because it covers the option of your enemy shielding the DTilt/not getting triped by the DTilt.
Double Hit Nair makes most save damage after a trip and you can do:
DTilt Trip > Short Hop Double Hit Nair > Uair/Grab or spaced "save" DJ Dair
Double Hit Nair can also be full hoped and continued into "save" DJ Dair.

There are so many different options you can do. Mix it up and hope that your enemy doesnt react to it the right way.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
dont know if its been posted but a wario main was playing as MK (to help practice) and his style showed through, something wario likes to combo is neutral airs to neutral airs (at low percents). so basically perform the same combo, but with metaknight (and only with 1 hit instead of 2)
at low and mid-percents you can pretty easily combo:

neutral air(late hit of neutral air so its a small knockback) to dtilts
neutral air(again hit late) and just plain old repeat the neutral air (always hit with the weak end of the spin)

the first option is the best one, hit with either the beginning or the end of it, but then immediately follow up with a dtilt and then S.H. to another neutral air and then dtilt.
you can continue this trend all the way across the stage depending on DI and such, but its pretty hard to escape for some characters and for people who dont know whats going on.

Max Ketchum

Dash attack to turnaround grab
Dash attack to nair/up air (or hold shield and nair out of shield on whatever they do if it's MK dittos, sometimes they'll try to counterattack)

Staco

Smash Champion
Dash attack to turnaround grab
Dash attack to nair/up air (or hold shield and nair out of shield on whatever they do if it's MK dittos, sometimes they'll try to counterattack)
Dash Attack to reverse Up B is the safest, since it got invincibility. ;)
And you can try to get juggles/follow ups, if you cancel the Up B.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
Dash Attack to reverse Up B is the safest, since it got invincibility. ;)
And you can try to get juggles/follow ups, if you cancel the Up B.

theres a combo that i have done for a long time but never posted on the boards here about, its super easy to do and if your facing a mid/heavy character its a *faux* chain grab (note its limited, but pretty useful)

basically it involves doing this:

grab to downthrow -> dash attack -> turn around grab to downthrow -> repeat (repeat starting at the dash attack)

i have gotten this off easily in tourney matches and it works on almost every character as long as its spaced right (besides floaties like kirby). i have pulled off an easy 60+ percent on donkey kong, and (sorry if im incorrect on this) about 40-50+% on a marth in tourney before, so its pretty legit to use.

the key to the dash attack is to start early so that MK stops slightly after the opponent, then buffer a turn around grab and its pretty much instant (most characters dairs cant beat the turnaround grab) for the regrab..... i like to think of it as a fake chaingrab haha

TheMike

Smash Lord
theres a combo that i have done for a long time but never posted on the boards here about, its super easy to do and if your facing a mid/heavy character its a *faux* chain grab (note its limited, but pretty useful)

basically it involves doing this:

grab to downthrow -> dash attack -> turn around grab to downthrow -> repeat (repeat starting at the dash attack)

i have gotten this off easily in tourney matches and it works on almost every character as long as its spaced right (besides floaties like kirby). i have pulled off an easy 60+ percent on donkey kong, and (sorry if im incorrect on this) about 40-50+% on a marth in tourney before, so its pretty legit to use.

the key to the dash attack is to start early so that MK stops slightly after the opponent, then buffer a turn around grab and its pretty much instant (most characters dairs cant beat the turnaround grab) for the regrab..... i like to think of it as a fake chaingrab haha
I prefer predicting the opponent's AD with DA > Shield > Shield Grab, but then repeating it isn't guaranteed at all dude, unless u continue predicting ur opponent as people usually AD after a Dthrow.

Staco

Smash Champion
Lmao.
Your enemy isnt limited on airdodge only.
He can also jump out of it. For example in MK dittos the grabbed Mk can just do a Dair + Jump so its hard to hit him after the dthrow.
Just try to react to your enemys reaction after the dthrow.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Lmao.
Your enemy isnt limited on airdodge only.
He can also jump out of it. For example in MK dittos the grabbed Mk can just do a Dair + Jump so its hard to hit him after the dthrow.
Just try to react to your enemys reaction after the dthrow.
I said "usually", not every single time. What i said about AD is just a possibility, as people usually AD after Dthrow.

If he jumps, u'r with Shield and then can open it with Up B/Jump + Aerial, depending on the direction that ur opponent jumps.

The ditto is something different, we're talking about 2 MKs... and MK can do what he wants in most of the time >.>

flytai45

Smash Rookie
1.)if they dont sheild grab ...you can dash atk>u-tilt>u-air/tornado/if its a light char shuttle loop/

2.)grab release>tornado (only if their idiots and DI in so dnt use this often)
3.b-throw (usually catches opponent off guard)> to sliding u-smash (works alot better if your faster than your opponent)>u-air chain>shuttle loop/nair/tornado/(if tornado you could fall alittle bit so your not in free fall forever) and restart the u-air

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
do the spammer combos

one +two hit of ftilit, some donwtilit, ftilit some more, back up, ftilit to downtlit. downtilit 3x, to ftilit

the my mk combo

one ftilit > dsmash at 135%

OverLade

Smash Hero
lol at ftilt dsmash working
Actually a funny thing about this, is against some characters, it's "pseudo legit".

If you do the first hit of Ftilt, people will have to choose to DI away or DI toward you (depending on whether they want to DI your Ftilt, or if they want to smash DI out of it). If they DI toward you, you can do the first hit of Ftilt again on their landing lag. If they DI away, you can Dsmash them, which they're holding away, and they'll west coast DI it. Depends on what your opponents chars options are coming down from the Ftilt of course. But I've done it, and seen it work.

Once again, Character dependent, but not entirely useless.

Max Ketchum

Marth can fair or nair MK and avoid the dsmash, DK MIGHT be able to nair (probably can), and Dedede...can only jump, lol.

Top Bottom