• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Bees!

Smash Ace
What is everyone's religious beliefs?

Particularly Dylan and Josiah - I really have no idea wtf is going on there.

I'm... I dunno. I was brought up Catholic, but when I was 12, I asked myself in the middle of mass if I actually loved any of the people I was worshiping. "Not really."

So I went through communion and whatever, but now I quit. Sometimes I think there's a god, one who loves trolling me, and other times I'm pretty sure I'm just comforting myself. Basically, I'm sometimes a deist, other times agnostic.

I don't go to church because it's boring, but I love that my family celebrates Christmas. :colorful:
I used to be religious. But the more I thought about it the more it seemed too unlikely. There are many religions out there. All which claim exclusivity. However the concept of everything being in its place(Ya I know its not perfect.) But to the point where there is complex life and such makes me also believe that everything simply isn't here by accident.
So I would say I am a weak atheist at best or a (here it comes) agnostic(generally what I fall under)
I still attend church though out of keeping an open-mind to the religious and spiritual(since I am already open to the secular side of the spectrum as well)

Also lol Dylan, Your parents don't define your religious belief as if it were a breed of dog or something lol. However I think you were just being purposefully jocular.

And yes it is unfortunate and awkward for me though when people(religious usually) are like "Your name is Josiah? You must be a christian." Its hard because...
1.)Its awkward explaining to some christians that you don't believe like they do
2.)Its hard to make a friend with someone(anti-theist) who just makes an assumption off of your name.

Also @Underload: Alakazam-Kazam+blasphemy=lol?

Steam

Smash Hero
only chunky knows my real name. I have forgotten.

I is atheist and my mother still has a hard time accepting it.

@mes- I don't know who you are -_-

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
HIIIII Chunky! <3
Hey Bees

I'm going to hurt you.
Y?

What is everyone's religious beliefs?

Particularly Dylan and Josiah - I really have no idea wtf is going on there.

I'm... I dunno. I was brought up Catholic, but when I was 12, I asked myself in the middle of mass if I actually loved any of the people I was worshiping. "Not really."

So I went through communion and whatever, but now I quit. Sometimes I think there's a god, one who loves trolling me, and other times I'm pretty sure I'm just comforting myself. Basically, I'm sometimes a deist, other times agnostic.

I don't go to church because it's boring, but I love that my family celebrates Christmas. :colorful:
Once I tell what religion I am, no one will see me the same anymore 0_o maybe i'll tell (eventually).

only chunky knows my real name. I have forgotten.

I is atheist and my mother still has a hard time accepting it.
Wow I didn't know that. Yes Steam I still remember your real name D: should I say it?

HntrDrizzt

Smash Rookie
rail

gun

brawl tomorrow at 5. any1 can come.

even more edit, hrndrizzt lemme get ur phone so i can contact u when i get to foco on friday.
You should change your profile to accept PMs so i can give you my number that way. I just dont want it posted on the boards

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
religion? I don't have emotions or questions

dayum, victor came out of hiding finally, weren't you supposed to hold a smashfest like 5 months ago and then disappeared? pshhhhh

anyways, agreed though someone should host a fest this weekend i think.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I like how he bounces everywhere with the gyro.
Same it was such mindgames. reminds me of "juking" or crossing-up somebody in like football.
Also not only would he reverse b the gyro but he would then gyro cancel and reverse it again. truly amazing

Bees!

Smash Ace
That was awesome, kinda reminded me how I zoom around the stage like that except without an item. lol Also Meno probably your right about me, maybe I'm just overreacting a bit.
I'm not sure. Religion is a touchy subject. And in my past I have had difficulties with people being tolerant of others beliefs(mainly mine.)
I mean you could have two people. Considering the relevance to us. These two people are into Smash(very much so) they also could like the same music, the same tv shows and generally click in everyway(personality wise and such.) But one thing can make them not friends, their spiritual views. Even with the scenario I just mentioned if one is a hardcore atheist(anti-theist) and the other is a deeply religious person. All the compatibility is overlooked. So I understand your hesitance to talk about your religious ideas. However. same for people with other lifestyles. I liked you before I knew what your beliefs were. That won't change for me.

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I believe every god exists, so they can't do anything because they're all in each others' way

Three Stooges Syndrome, if you will.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I love you Tim.

Only jerks define a friendship over religion. It's really just another difference in opinion, and it shouldn't affect people. The key thing beyond tolerance.

I myself am slowly becoming more and more anti-religion. I would never force that opinion on others, and even let it remotely affect any type of relationship. Some of my best friends are really hardcore Jews, Christians, and Wiccans. We're more than fine and I loves them.

In the end Chunky, I'm pretty sure none of us are jerks. :p

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
PMs?

And Meno, you forgot about me :p

Just wanna say that mormons are tight. One of my closest friends is a mormon. He turned me on to
weed
. I've done it like 7 times now, four of them with him. Mormons too good.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
I accept all religious beliefs. Can't let something like that get in the way of being good to each other.

Personally, I have no preference.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I'll say that I like to hear positive things that religion has done for people. For a couple of my friends and I, it has given us hope.

I'm Christian myself, and been pursuing it more ever since the start of the year. I never thought that actually pursing it would be something worthwhile. For once, I don't feel shackled to anything; I feel free as I can be. I'm not sure how else I can explain it, and I'm sure I've done a crappy job on it. There was a heavy burden on my mind that plagued me for Heaven knows how long, and I feel like I've been released from it. That's the best I can do.

I tolerate all religions that people believe in. Loosing close ones and friends just because of religious tension seems a bit... lame...

I've never had to deal with a religion fanatic (other than well... I'll get to that later) or the sorts. The people who my friends call religious fanatics were pretty calm towards me. Maybe it's because I just politely told them that I appreciate what they're saying, but I believe in Christianity? Has anyone else run into any kind of fanatic that preaches?

There's only one person that bugs me who is "religious". He constantly says he's Christian. As much as I want to believe him, he's always talking down on it. This I don't appreciate at all.

I really have no idea what I just typed in this whole thing because I just got done LARPing and extremely exhausted. Just steamed thoughts from my head to the keyboard.

EDIT: For clarity issues, I've been Christian my whole life; I just never payed attention to it for half of my life...

Rizen

Smash Legend
:023: clearly now, the rain is gone
Ekans= (I can), I get it.
@mes- I don't know who you are -_-
We haven't met in person. I sometimes show in the Boulder smash scene.

@ Dylan:
1 Do you prefer to be called 'Dylan' or DemonicToonLink, DTL on AiB?
2 Everyone born after 1950 know what you're talking about. At least edit your posts so they can't be searched.

BairUsmash

Smash Rookie
*yawn*
mornin guys...i gots sad news... i cant to go WASABI!!!1!! And i was really hoping i could try out my new Lightning costume DX jk. i see you guys are talkin bout religion... eww...
nvm... have fun...

EDIT: does anyone happen to know how to change my username, it sux arse... i want a new one, not one that just popped up from the netherregions of my brain

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
*yawn*
mornin guys...i gots sad news... i cant to go WASABI!!!1!! And i was really hoping i could try out my new Lightning costume DX jk. i see you guys are talkin bout religion... eww...
nvm... have fun...

EDIT: does anyone happen to know how to change my username, it sux arse... i want a new one, not one that just popped up from the netherregions of my brain
just make a new account

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
2 Everyone born after 1950 know what you're talking about. At least edit your posts so they can't be searched.
MES, your posts make no sense like ever...

Edit my posts so they can't be searched? Why? The ****?
even I dont get it, what the hell mes?

Allright, here's a more in depth stance on religion by me.

My parents are devout Christians. The FIRST reason I became atheist/agnostic is, I simply don't want to go to church. I would much rather spend my Sunday playing videogames, I didn't want to spend most of a day being bored at church. As I became older and entered high school though my eyes really opened up and I turned into the guy that doesn't believe ANYTHING until you give me cold.hard.proof.

And throughout the years it pretty much got to a point where I learn the bible is not the end all be all. But you know what? You don't have to believe in anything and you can certainly believe in everything. It really doesn't matter.

Religion does not suck. If anything it teaches good moral standing. Without morals people would definitely be much worse off. Before you think its a complete waste of time note that simple fact. Atheists are actually the most prone to crime and murder, because they simply don't believe in any form of divine repercussions or morality. You know if I ever have a kid, I don't want him to be an inconsiderate jerk. I want him to be a good Samaritan and productive member of society, which again comes from my Christian foundation and belief in good moral standing.

What sucks is PEOPLE that attempts to force religion/atheism|agnosticism on to everyone else. Just believe what you want guys.

This is the way I feel not just towards religion, but just about everything else that requires some form of tolerance, including racism, homosexuality, vegetarianism, pro-life/choice, etc. Feel and believe what you want, but don't try to force it on me. Not saying that I wouldn't listen to you talk about something like that or any issue really cause I love talking to people, but don't FORCE me to believe in something. Again I'm just drilling this forcing thing into your heads, I'm forcing you guys to read this.

use the force luke

Also, I dressed up in a suit for a job interview I had right, and man was it an ego boost. I just felt devilishly handsome like I was just balling out of control.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I feel that way whenever I wear my tuxedo that I got for my school orchestra concerts, lol.

Also am I the only one besides Tim and maybe Zaj that's ok with their SWF username?!

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Religion does not suck. If anything it teaches good moral standing. Without morals people would definitely be much worse off. Before you think its a complete waste of time note that simple fact. Atheists are actually the most prone to crime and murder, because they simply don't believe in any form of divine repercussions or morality. You know if I ever have a kid, I don't want him to be an inconsiderate jerk. I want him to be a good Samaritan and productive member of society, which again comes from my Christian foundation and belief in good moral standing.
Agree fully on this.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
even I dont get it, what the hell mes?

Allright, here's a more in depth stance on religion by me.

My parents are devout Christians. The FIRST reason I became atheist/agnostic is, I simply don't want to go to church. I would much rather spend my Sunday playing videogames, I didn't want to spend most of a day being bored at church. As I became older and entered high school though my eyes really opened up and I turned into the guy that doesn't believe ANYTHING until you give me cold.hard.proof.

And throughout the years it pretty much got to a point where I learn the bible is not the end all be all. But you know what? You don't have to believe in anything and you can certainly believe in everything. It really doesn't matter.

What sucks is PEOPLE that attempts to force religion/atheism|agnosticism on to everyone else. Just believe what you want guys.

This is the way I feel not just towards religion, but just about everything else that requires some form of tolerance, including racism, homosexuality, vegetarianism, pro-life/choice, etc. Feel and believe what you want, but don't try to force it on me. Not saying that I wouldn't listen to you talk about something like that or any issue really cause I love talking to people, but don't FORCE me to believe in something. Again I'm just drilling this forcing thing into your heads, I'm forcing you guys to read this.

use the force luke

Also, I dressed up in a suit for a job interview I had right, and man was it an ego boost. I just felt devilishly handsome like I was just balling out of control.
yeah, i can't tell u how many times i've heard a mormon lecture to me just randomly. But i understand its their job but even if i tell them no, they keep pessuring me. also what kind of job did u interview for ferdi?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Also am I the only one besides Tim and maybe Zaj that's ok with their SWF username?!
I think so, and maybe Yang. I had a Ferdi account but that one got banned and I'm too lazy to create another one with a Ferdi variation. On just about everything I go by Ferdi or SuperFerdi now though if Ferdi is taken. TechnicalStasis sometimes cause I thought it was cool.

also what kind of job did u interview for ferdi?
I got the job and training starts today. To keep it short and simple, I'm going to be selling Cutco knives. 15$ pay for every presentation you do(nobody has to buy anything, they give you 15$ for doing a presentation for someone). But you can get commissions depending on how much you sell, and you can start getting like 1000$ a week paychecks in like 2-3 months if you really work hard in selling these products. It's also a strong resume builder and Vector is a very well known company. And you know what, something's better than nothing.

If you guys are interested go to www.workforstudents.com it's where I went to and fill out an app. No experience needed just have good attitude to work with people. I filled out an app, got an email immediately, and set up an appointment the same day, and went. To be honest I didn't even know what the job was about until I went to the interview, so maybe you guys will be able to do different stuff depending on where you live.

always i want to be with you and live in harmony, harmony OH LOVE!!
/v/s been over this since like a week/2 ago Jamaal and friends

Top Bottom