• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Religion does not suck. If anything it teaches good moral standing. Without morals people would definitely be much worse off. Before you think its a complete waste of time note that simple fact. Atheists are actually the most prone to crime and murder, because they simply don't believe in any form of divine repercussions or morality. You know if I ever have a kid, I don't want him to be an inconsiderate jerk. I want him to be a good Samaritan and productive member of society, which again comes from my Christian foundation and belief in good moral standing.

What sucks is PEOPLE that attempts to force religion/atheism|agnosticism on to everyone else. Just believe what you want guys.
We have the exact same ideals. O:

DeliciousDave

Smash Cadet
well we need to really lower the venue fee for super con, its 20 dollars for one day...if we want OoS to come! ill send him an email but i think more should say to lower it cause thats ridiculous! sinz said it would cost 50 dollars! :l

well maybe its not that uncommon....i just looked at no koast and it will cost 50 dollars for the whole thing

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Well I haven't heard much going on for March 6 so I decided I'm just going to go down to Arizona early. Sorry everyone who wanted to play me. Another reason why is because it's an awful lot of driving to go from Durango -> Phoenix -> Durango -> Phoenix -> California -> Phoenix -> Durango again. Yeah going back to AZ during this spring break then the week after the following week I'd be going with the AZ crew to go to a weekend California tournament. So if I add Denver to the long laundry list of driving then that would make it Durango -> Denver -> Durango -> Phoenix -> Durango -> Phoenix -> California -> Phoenix -> Durango again and that is just WAY too much for me.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
well we need to really lower the venue fee for super con, its 20 dollars for one day...if we want OoS to come! ill send him an email but i think more should say to lower it cause thats ridiculous! sinz said it would cost 50 dollars! :l

well maybe its not that uncommon....i just looked at no koast and it will cost 50 dollars for the whole thing
Thing is, No Koast has a good reputation with the community and Cutthroat doesn't. Also, its 50$ for the whole thing. It would be 100 dollars for me to enter the tourney and do Melee. =/ =/ =/

Bees!

Smash Ace
Just skip durango and move to denver. Problem solved.
Changes his formula to this: Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Colorado Springs -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver -> Denver ->

DeliciousDave

Smash Cadet
yeah it needs to be lowered, most huge national tournaments only have 30 venue fee and those are huge nationals host by plank

well is brawl just gonna be one day? cause last time it was
those 40-50 venue fees are for the whole weekend pass

still the only options are
$20 per person (One Day Pass with no championship tournaments or PC)
$40 per person (Weekend Pass with any championship tournament
so right there hes hinting any tournament is going to be 2 days if we cant buy a one day pass for tournament play!

MK.II

Smash Rookie
yeah it needs to be lowered, most huge national tournaments only have 30 venue fee and those are huge nationals host by plank

well is brawl just gonna be one day? cause last time it was
those 40-50 venue fees are for the whole weekend pass

still the only options are
$20 per person (One Day Pass with no championship tournaments or PC)
$40 per person (Weekend Pass with any championship tournament
so right there hes hinting any tournament is going to be 2 days if we cant buy a one day pass for tournament play!
Yeah. It's pretty lame. We should just hold house tourneys.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
When are we gonna start boycotting Cutthroat to lower prices?

Honestly, we don't have to go.

BairUsmash

Smash Rookie

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm all for it. Before we do that however. We need an alternative, an exit strategy.
The amount of dependence we have on Cutthroat is also really unhealthy. It's sickening that there's this gap between tournaments and all we do is go be sad and wish there was more.

Needs more from us.

Speaking of which, bringing back my Greeley tournament idea, I kinda dropped it due to some busyness, but I'd like to consider it again. K, so these are the things I have for a tournament:

- Venue
- College pot fodder
- 2 TVs
- A copy of Brawl
- My controller

I don't have a Wii, or any other TVs. If anyone can guarantee me maybe two more TVs and 4 Wii's with Brawl, that would be a lift off. Maybe just one additional TV, and 3 Wiis.

...and actually, we could probably also use this big screen digital TV in the room, but I dunno if that's actually competitively viable. Is it? >___>

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
component cables don't entirely eliminate lag. Or rather, the cube ones don't, so I'm not sure if the wii ones will.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Really, it depends on the hertz of your television.

Best way to tell if it has lag: play on it.

Top Bottom