• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to come thank everyone that was able to show! I hope you guys can make it out for more tournaments. We were REALLY unorganized because we didn't set up the day before like usual but, that won't be an issue next time.

If you guys have suggestions, please feel free to post them and we will work on any issues that come up.

PEACE
Really? It felt really organized from the moment I stepped into the door and when I left. This, being my first EFL tournament, was very enjoyable, despite me wanting to get the hell out of there because I had a lot of homework to do.

I guess being used to setting up right before the event happens is why I'm thinking it went so smoothly from my point of view.

The venue was very nice, and the finals projection was amazing. The only thing that could have been improved was the sound leveling, especially when BlazBlue came up. I was hoping that someone would realize there's a Rachel on screen and that doing Sword Iris (22A) to set off her lightning rods would also set off a massive amount of bass attack. That's my only complaint.

Everyone was very friendly, and that was a major plus.

It was a very good weekend, I can tell you that. I plan on attending more EFL events in the future because of this first event.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Another video for dave:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ywHuFV6U4oA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ywHuFV6U4oA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I've contemplated it further and have now figured what I want to do with my MK vs. Tink situation. After viewing a certain set, I have realized I really don't want to main Toon Link anymore. I still want him for friendlies and MM's, but I think MK will be my new tourney main.

This said, I want to close some doors with Toon Link. I would like the money match as many of you as I can with Toon Link as my way to see how far I've gotten with him. I'm not asking for anything big; maybe $5? Best 2/3 normal ruleset (pkm 1 as starter instead of lylat). People I want to face especially:
Dave
Tim
Meno
Underload
Bees
JCVD

Anyone else I will still MM, but these are the people who I've seen as capable of beating my Tink. Anyone else I will still accept. Please accept these matches. I want them recorded and possibly used as my farewell to Toon Link video. I've been working on a title for my vid, and I've settled on, "**** This. I'm Just Playing Metaknight: A Tink Highlight Video". I am emotionally attached, full homo, to Tink and I think this will be the best way of getting over it.

Main MK!

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
WHO WANTS TO HEAR A GROSS AND DISGUSTING STORY ABOUT HOW I MISSED SCHOOL TODAY?

So, I've had this little bump on my leg for years now. It was just benign tumor that did nothing except be there. But recently, around Thursday, is started to hurt a bit. Nothing major. Just slightly sensitive.

Anyway, this thing got progressively worse over the weekend until it turned into a big old nasty boil, and by Monday, I was limping everywhere. It was at the point where it hurt like hell even if I didn't move at all. If I did move, it hurt like hell x2389475. I barely slept last night since the pain from moving at all would wake me up. Hell, it stung if the blanket even touched it.

Imagine a bee sting, except it never ended. That's what this **** was like.

I go into the doctor this morning and they told me that benign tumors sometimes like to rage randomly, which explains how I got this thing. Anyway, he shoots me with like 8 shots of this numbing stuff, then proceeded to slice it open and drain all the junk out. It was a very pretty sight, trust me. The shots didn't help much since it still hurt like a *****. After that, he stuffs it with like 3 inches of this cloth stuff to keep it open so it doesn't seal back up and happen again before it heals.

Now I currently have a string of cloth hanging out of my leg and it's bleeding like crazy. On top of that, I have to take some giant *** freaking humongous pills for a week because of the infection.

So yeah, I had a good morning.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet

So, I've had this little bump on my leg for years now. It was just benign tumor that did nothing except be there. But recently, around Thursday, is started to hurt a bit. Nothing major. Just slightly sensitive.

Anyway, this thing got progressively worse over the weekend until it turned into a big old nasty boil, and by Monday, I was limping everywhere. It was at the point where it hurt like hell even if I didn't move at all. If I did move, it hurt like hell x2389475. I barely slept last night since the pain from moving at all would wake me up. Hell, it stung if the blanket even touched it.

I go into the doctor this morning and they told me that benign tumors sometimes like to rage randomly, which explains how I got this thing. Anyway, he shoots me with like 8 shots of this numbing stuff, then proceeded to slice it open and drain all the junk out. It was a very pretty sight, trust me. The shots didn't help much since it still hurt like a *****. After that, he stuffs it with like 3 inches of this cloth stuff to keep it open so it doesn't seal back up and happen again before it heals.

Now I currently have a string of cloth hanging out of my leg and it's bleeding like crazy. On top of that, I have to take some giant *** freaking humongous pills for a week because of the infection.

Good Show!

cHiCkEN_TeNdErS

Smash Apprentice

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
lol zajice reminds me of kyle from southpark.

"cartman gets his own theme park, and i get a hemeroid"

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Very nice Zajice. I approve of this tale of woe. If we're going to do fun stories...

When I was a little baby, my mom dropped me on my head. In the bathtub. I got braces in elementary school because my teeth were screwed up from it. A few years later, looking at an x-ray, the doctors figured out what exactly was wrong with my permanent teeth: My front 2 teeth had been shoved up into my nasal cavity and were "growing" into my nose. They had to do surgery and attach weighted chains to the teeth. The chains dangled from my gums for a month or two, until the teeth were re-aligned with their growth channels.

=D

Edit: ok dylan, I'll play your mm.

Double edit: Look at all that double red. Also, may says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z9ru4Ck6U8

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I might have skinned my knee once when I was 9.

Probably just dirt though.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Can't go to Dylan tourney this saturday, though I will take you up on that MM.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Can't go to Dylan tourney this saturday, though I will take you up on that MM.
Same. I start my job this week and on top of that I bled my wallet paying for these last 2 tourneys. :( I really want to come though...

Also once I start getting the cheese I will take you up on that MM offer Dylan :)

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
I can't go to the tourney, I got an ACT test that so I'm booked , sorry. (Even though many would have expected me to be there anyway :() Besides the note of that, what's up everyone?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I only play Brawl- now.

Just because Jigglypuff explodes and kills anything next to her when her shield breaks and she kills herself.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I only play Brawl- now.

Just because Jigglypuff explodes and kills anything next to her when her shield breaks and she kills herself.
Is there anyway I can play Brawl- without hacking, like how Balanced Brawl only needs Stack Smash???

Very important.

Also, Dylan, your tournament poster and attendance make me sad. I can't go either.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Make me a better poster! Attendance might be alright. I'll have some peeps from longmont, a few that don't play smash...and prolly Dave, Tim, and a few others. For whoever comes, it's just easy money + charity.

Top Bottom