• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
If tager reads a single one he just 2C's then you die. or does tons of other moves he has that out prioritizes it. besides, he's going to get in eventually. dat sparkbolt.

new avatar- you better take me srs guize I a srs member.
Looks more like Senioritist Member to me.

Steam

Smash Hero
Well I know that :/

when you magnitize me I sometimes am able to do stuff with it... though I love how it does wacky things to my D's. inb4boobreference

What makes you think I have senioritis dan? D:<

@tony- I can beat him with hakumen lmao

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
What makes you think I have senioritis dan? D:<
Small text.

@tony- I can beat him with hakumen lmao
Gona let you in on a secret... It's because you complain and ***** to me all the time that you can't get away from Tager. I don't like to hear this all the **** time, so I don't do my normal tech traps on you because you always fall for them. I experiment with new tech traps. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Platinum is gonna be a ***** to combo :(
johns towards characters that aren't even out yet, get at me.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Moblin, I love your haku. Keep gaying it up. You need to work on making your pressure a bit stronger, tho.

Jaaaaaamz, we need to have another sexymikefest. Those are too much fun. Our apartment's finally clean, soz I'll see if Tim wants to do one soon.

Steam

Smash Hero
Oy, whens the balance patch for BB coming out anyways?
Really I shouldn't care too much, as Tao won't be changed a bit. ._.
she's being turned upside down Kinda. they're getting rid of taunt loop and completely changing her combos. however 6B will combo into 5B now :D

the ONE time I accidentally turned my PS3 off the wrong way it corrupts my blazblue file... back to redo EVERYTHING :D

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's looking like Rachel will be a lot better after the patch, except they're doing it all wrong...
wind doesn't need to recharge any slower than it already does.

Steam

Smash Hero
It's looking like Rachel will be a lot better after the patch, except they're doing it all wrong...
wind doesn't need to recharge any slower than it already does.
don't complain. It takes wario 2 minutes for his wind to full recharge

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Trading 14 How to draw Manga books for N64 games or cash!

Each book retails for 20-30.00 EACH

I got 14,

These mostly focus on female characters, some clothing encyclopedia, penning techniques.

Also, Tony I left my gamecube controller at your house!

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Jaaaaaamz, we need to have another sexymikefest. Those are too much fun. Our apartment's finally clean, soz I'll see if Tim wants to do one soon.
Crossposted from EFL said:
Blaz
Blue
&
Booze
IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!

BossyCow's place (Whisper me for address)
Saturday;October 16th
(assuming) Starts @ 6PM
Ends @ whenever Bossy gets tired (last time apparently was way into 6 in the morning)
Limiting to 10-15ish people so RVSP ASAP yourself and for other guests you may be bringing. We hit 11 or so and we were pretty cozy.

Sexy Mike wishes for me to note that he is going to be there.
If you wanna host the next one, post about it on EFL.

Yes, if you guys can get to Highlands Ranch, you can come to this BB fest.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Jamz, link me to the thread? I wanna RSVP, as I'm pretty sure I can make it, and getting trashed after a sale day sounds like the **** to me. :D
Consider yourself, and Tim, RVSP'd.

Not many RVSPs, so you guys are perfectly fine. For sure, there's gonna be me, bossy, Sexy Mike, and Sparkshine or whatever Greg's (not DFG) name is on EFL.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Tony. Although honestly, I don't play nearly as gay unless I'm playing your carl. It scares me.

Also, Hakumen's pressure is kinda weak... Seems to me the only really rewarding stuff I can get off pressure is very expensive, quick overheads in the form of Tsubaki and etc. Otherwise Every hit I land is either a jab that I may or may not be quick enough to gatling a combo into, oorrrrr an uncomboable overhead that is -4 on block without the IB.

Honestly, I have no idea how to pressure with Hakumen. All the vids I've seen of good hakumens have the Haku not pressuring at all. They kind of just poke and wait to punish something. I never even once saw this certain haku use 6a, which is supposed to be his best pressure move.

But I'm just wondering aloud - I really should ask a pro hakumen player about this.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Thanks Tony. Although honestly, I don't play nearly as gay unless I'm playing your carl. It scares me.

Also, Hakumen's pressure is kinda weak... Seems to me the only really rewarding stuff I can get off pressure is very expensive, quick overheads in the form of Tsubaki and etc. Otherwise Every hit I land is either a jab that I may or may not be quick enough to gatling a combo into, oorrrrr an uncomboable overhead that is -4 on block without the IB.

Honestly, I have no idea how to pressure with Hakumen. All the vids I've seen of good hakumens have the Haku not pressuring at all. They kind of just poke and wait to punish something. I never even once saw this certain haku use 6a, which is supposed to be his best pressure move.

But I'm just wondering aloud - I really should ask a pro hakumen player about this.
Talk to Gambitxmen8. I played him today in the 3v3 tourny, and he's a super cool guy. Tell him I sent you.

What he does is just try to predict when you'd attack/think something is safe with D counters, and he's really good at it. He really good at zoning, and his pressure pretty much lies in jabs to kick, forward dash, anything mix-up. He plays very smart and patient, and if you're not patient, IBing, or predicting with Haku, you're doomed to fail, IMO. Haku is NOT a pressure character through physical attacks, he does it through safe attacks and predictions.

Plus, Haku has an instant overhead along with his average speed one, you have nothing to complain about. :)

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
THIS THREAD WAS BORING TO READ.

Seriously.

And now I haven't played BB in a week, tomorrow is gonna be your one chance to take advantage of my rust online. Come at me sissies.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
My internet connection is so horrendus I'm just playing ranked matches and mashing out pseudo combos with tager.

And i'm winning.

I hate my school network.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Hmm, im seeing so many valkenhayn's online lately but none of are good yet. :<
From what i've seen it seems like he abused his long range to get ya. Seriously, dood has some hakumen-ish range. X_x

Oh btw, one of the valkenhayn used his distortion drive attack on me and I went behind him after getting nailed by the first hit. ._. It was weird. I like, used Tao dancing edge dodge, still got hit, but went flying in the other direction and he continued attacking blindly in the other direction. Had enough time to taunt, and KO him. =p

Top Bottom