• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
0604-0954-5361

Bees, you know where to find me also. If you ever wanna get in contact with me quickly, I mean.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
btw, new loketest

Ragna:
+ 5B > 6A gattling added back
+ C, 2C > 6A gattling added
+ ground gauntlet hades can be followed up
+ during blood kain 6D > 6D combos
- 6A range reduced
- 2C slower
- 2D doesn't remove primer

Jin:
No other obvious changes
+ 5D start up faster but shorter freeze time, can combo from 5C

Noel:
+ C haida bounces higher, can perform combos from further away
+ optic barrel start up faster
+ 6A hits crouched opponent
+ 5C can jc even on block
+ chain revolver moves have increased speed
+ bloom trigger slides opponents hit on ground
- C haida bounces higher so higher dmg combos require more skill
- 5D slower than first loke test. Pauses a moment before coming out. Distance is longer
- Spring raid launches more horizontally. If not in corner cannot follow up
- no more long haida loops
- overall dmg decreased

Rachel:
+ pumpkin speed increased. can cross the screen in an instant. not sure on this.
+ tempest dahlia start up faster?, needs confirmation
+ 5C>C slide untechable time increased
- Initial wind recovery slow, but after a while it speeds up
- 6A weaker than it was in 1st loketest. back to CS standard?

Taokaka:
+ 6B combos to 5B on crouching opponents (applies to all characters)
+ cat spirit 2 slides
- jB now hits mid instead of high like in 1st loketest. j2B no change.
- jD cannot cancel into cat spirit 2
- 6C slides, cannot pick up unless in corner. (but it seems 2C FC > 6C still wallbounces)
- if different jD aren't inputted Tao drops to the ground straight away
- jDs slightly changed, j2D now better against ground opponents but hard to combo with
- 6C slides, so almost becoming 2 combos are gone

Tager:
voltic charge command now 214D
+ magnetism pull now stronger
+ 6A can now be held to pull in opponent
+ can gadget after 360A
+ sledge hammer much faster
+ 4D pulls more
- 5D only pulls opponent during active frames
- 5C cannot combo into 6A

Arakune:
- Arakune's D Bug now falls faster, less damage

Litchi:
no changes known
maybe tomorrow?

Bang:
still under investigation
- ground dashes during furinkazan are shorter

Carl:
+ anima has super armor. when hit will flash red
+ 3D forces downed opponents to rise. After ground throw 3C can be used to pick up and combo
+ 8D breaks 1 guard primer
- 8D can be blocked in air

Hakumen:
renka is now 236B
5 primers (down from 6)
+ All C moves come out faster
+ Back throw recovery reduced, can follow up in corner
+ 6B damage increased.
+ 623A cancelable during movement.
- 3C > 3C doesn't combo anymore
- renka wall bounces. can follow up with 6C
- hotaru wall bounces. can follow up with 6C
- enma floats higher, harder to follow up
- tsubaki slides, can only follow up in the corner
- Slower magatama recovery.
- MUGEN: after gauge depletes, will not increase for at least 6 seconds.
- Yukikaze: will only show superflash after a successful counter. Gauge depletes on use either way. AH still has superflash. (Was this in the first loketest? Not sure.)

Lambda:
+ 4B faster start up, shorter recovery
+ Sickle might have faster start up, quicker recovery, hits 6 times
- gravity seed now stuns instead of floats. on CH seems to stun longer
- 4D moves her backwards, harder to combo.
- Throw can't combo into 6A, can followup with 2D.
- Calamity damage decreased.

Tsubaki:
+ j236A faster start up, can be used in combos now
+ 5D charges half a gauge in an instant, has fastest recovery of all Ds.
+ 236 -> 214 doesn't combo, but 236 -> 22 does.
- untechable slide time from her throw reduced, even in corner 6C and 214D cannot combo
- charging puts her in CH state

Hazama:
6A->Jayoku works (I don't even know why this is listed, maybe didn't work in loketest 1?)
Air throw can be followed up by Zaneiga (214D~C).
214D~C now makes the opponent spin in the air(?)
- 5B 3C 214D~C doesn't connect anymore
- 3C knocks opponent upwards
- cannot cancel throws into chain
- jC: no longer jump cancelable? (might be first hit only)
~ http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...t-2-Oct.-8th-2010-Discussion-(NO-COMPLAINING)

Bees!

Smash Ace
Hmmm which curse word is Vagice using?
A. fur****?
B. fur****?
C. fur****?
D. fur****?
E. All of the Above

Bees!

Smash Ace
Speaking of Blaz Blue

Also I will probably get Blaz Blue by December. Which means by next year I will have xbawks live and such so I would love to play with people! and by people I mean anyone who plays it on xbawks.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Good. They're not touching Lambda. She doesn't need any changes aside from MAYBE reduced recovery (23-26 frames as opposed to the current 48) on a whiffed Sword.

Thanks for hosting the smashfest Fishbait. You're a pretty cool guy. When I get out of class later I'll PM you everything about animez.

Steam work on your tauntloops.
Moblin get your falling j.2C 100% and block in the air more.
Spelt keep playing rachel. And don't give up during the match even if it's a 60-40.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I tried giving up on rachel :( It didn't work. She's the only character i can kind of play.

Steam

Smash Hero
Good. They're not touching Lambda. She doesn't need any changes aside from MAYBE reduced recovery (23-26 frames as opposed to the current 48) on a whiffed Sword.

Thanks for hosting the smashfest Fishbait. You're a pretty cool guy. When I get out of class later I'll PM you everything about animez.

Steam work on your tauntloops.
Moblin get your falling j.2C 100% and block in the air more.
Spelt keep playing rachel. And don't give up during the match even if it's a 60-40.
I think they're trying to get rid of all of taokaka's combos tho... like srsly. they should just stop at taunt loop lol.

KH223 should be ranked IMO

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
Loving how no one from smashboards actually went to Mybank2go but he thanks us. Also I thought there was no prize money for the first week, but there are results?

Steam

Smash Hero
still where did all these randoms come from?

It would be great if we had these randoms at other stuff and we could om nom them into the scene.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
So, I think CO should go to a national maybe.

NOV 5 MLG Dallas: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287398
FEB 19 Pound 5: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278586
JUL 15 Genesis 2: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284863

I'm thinking Pound - it's a nice enough distance in the future that we can save up comfortably and maybe train well for? But it's all way next year... is anything big happening during winter break? Even something small around the four corners or Kansas would be kinda fun.
You should totally come. The access for people flying in is so epic, too. Shuttle from the airport to venue (.2 miles) and the hotel itself that the venue is in has flight information to see if you're delayed, early, on time, crashed, or whatever ;-)

You can also print your boarding passes and stuff at the hotel. It is literally the affiliated hotel of the airport. The rooms are typically $350 per night cuz it's in such a nice area but we got that knocked way down obviously.

Also 24 hour open venue is too good!

Bees!

Smash Ace
I love Meno soo much right now! That is too amazing! I have half a mind to actually go to one Cutthroat tourney just to hand those out! Its not like we are taking away business. and the flyers don't diss anyone either. Just rather to get more people into our scene! That makes me excited!

You should totally come. The access for people flying in is so epic, too. Shuttle from the airport to venue (.2 miles) and the hotel itself that the venue is in has flight information to see if you're delayed, early, on time, crashed, or whatever ;-)

You can also print your boarding passes and stuff at the hotel. It is literally the affiliated hotel of the airport. The rooms are typically $350 per night cuz it's in such a nice area but we got that knocked way down obviously.

Also 24 hour open venue is too good!
I am so in for this! I am going 100% all the way!

Bees!

Smash Ace
So I am breaking it down now. from Feb 18 - Feb21
1 stop plane ticket: $359.81 http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dl...&qryt=8&load=1&airp1=&dair1=&rdct=1&rfrr=-429
singles+doubles: $50
hotel cost:dependent on how many people we get in. If we get 4 that would be 36.25 per person. but that probably won't happen sooo....its probably going to be 2 people. 47.50 each
food costs: $60
Altogether you are looking at somewhere around $518 or so for the whole trip.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Ooooo

$500 by Feb is actually a lot. :urg:

Decided: I'm getting a small part-time for this.
good idea.
I am going to sign up for overtime(more overtime :chuckle:) at work so I can get more money. Also I am going to have to start getting those sales so I can get bonuses too!

Steam

Smash Hero
I actually might consider getting a job if there was even a feasible chance of my parents allowing me to go. If I asked my mother would probably take me to a phsycologist for even thinking of asking such a rediculous question.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I went and found the BB Finals that DFG so gracefully linked to: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10101004

And my god...
1. That Rudy guy was SO FREAKIN' FREE. I mean, it's great someone new is (kinda) learning to play, but my #2 is what really gets me

2. WTF JMT?! He's playing like he hasn't learned anything new. Rather, has forgotten everything is just playing so bad on a free guy. Either he's playing bad, or he's not trying. Both which make me cringe to watch in that regard :(. What happened to dat JMT that I knew?!

Blah, I'm gonna practice so ****ing hard that no one will be able to touch me, god****it! I'm so mad!

Top Bottom