• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
So, I think CO should go to a national maybe.

NOV 5 MLG Dallas: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287398
FEB 19 Pound 5: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278586
JUL 15 Genesis 2: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284863

I'm thinking Pound - it's a nice enough distance in the future that we can save up comfortably and maybe train well for? But it's all way next year... is anything big happening during winter break? Even something small around the four corners or Kansas would be kinda fun.
I was already considering going to Pound 5.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Fun fact: Tim is in California until the middle of this week.

Less fun fact: I work part-time at Toys R Us and go to school full time. I've only been calling Saturdays off for (EFL) BB tournaments lately. Sometimes I happen to be off or get off work earlier which allows for me to do things. But going into season, I'll probably be working any Saturdays I don't call off.

For OOS tournies. If any have BB:CS tournies too, let me know. That'd more likely rope me into the trip

More fun fact: Jamaal works at Toys R Us

EFL tournies? I will start going to them now.

Bees!

Smash Ace
P5!!!! Hype!!! I am so going!!! Lets get it Colorado!
Who else is considering coming? we can share a hotel room!
-Meno
-Lvl Zero
-Llamacario
-Dekar(not really but namesearch plz)

Steam

Smash Hero
I really really really really really really really doubt I can go to pound V

Also peter we need to help each other in the Luc snake MU. I was doing things horribly wrong in game 1 and you were doing things horribly wrong in game 3.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
It would be worlds easier for us to go to Texas for MLG Dallas then it would be to go to Virginia for Pound 5.

CO to TX = around 700-1000 miles. Roughly a 12-16 hour drive (do-able)

CO to VA = about 2000 miles. Ridulously long drive and Level isn't too fond of buying overpriced plane tickets.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
Awsome smashfest, thank you Fishbait!!

Spelt could you link me that vid you were talking about how you can't SDI the nado. I really wanna see it if you can find it.

Bees!

Smash Ace
This may be but currently I don't have the funds for that. And with all the first months expenses adding up. I will be out of money for doing anything substantial for a while.And if you order plane tickets ahead of time you get a better deal. I am definitely going for P5. as Tourneys in VA would have more to them than Texas. Also I want to meet some of the ROB mains(they are all on the East Coast :/) There are no ROB mains in Texas and they hardly ever go there either :/

Also East Coast is crawling with MKs(good exp)
Texas has...Dojo and Dphat?
Don't get me wrong they are just as good as East Coast MKs but they are only 2 vs the dozens there.

idk that is part of my reasoning

Also by February I will have vacation time and sufficient funds to go to a oos tourney.

Underload

Lazy
I really really really really really really really doubt I can go to pound V

Also peter we need to help each other in the Luc snake MU. I was doing things horribly wrong in game 1 and you were doing things horribly wrong in game 3.
It was a free tournament Steam, I never really felt the pressure to do well

But alright, sure! A time and place is necessary

Also, Brainshock Alpha is in December, methinks. Iowa. It's being run by this person named Yink (Meno knows her, iunno who else.) Mario Party's a main event there, and a decent amount of the midwest + some out of staters are showing up.

Steam

Smash Hero
still, you were telegraphing your kill moves and cost you your entire second stock :V

granted the same thing happened to me game 1 but I couldn't kill you for half of my second stock because aura is gay.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Decembers still to early for me though although it sounds fun.

Also I am looking for stage hacks and such. Does anyone know where I can find them? Links? also texture hacks? is there a specific thread for those.

Bees!

Smash Ace
So the only time the game is worth trying in is when there is money on the line >_> I understand playing to learn(I try to do that in friendlies, which is why I do a lot of technical things that make almost no sense at times. In friendlies I like to see what works and what doesn't vs certain characters. However I do have competitive friendlies too. But even then unless I know the MU well its still an opportunity to learn what works and doesn't and how to fight that character. This is just me though.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Nah! Your good! I really don't think anyone is mad at all. Just something to talk about. I am going to set up wifi soon so I need everyones green card so I can play teh wifi to practice and train for P5

Bees!

Smash Ace
We need to play sometime fishbait. I saw a bumper sticker the other day on the way home from work that read "Friends don't let friends bait fish" and I immediately was reminded of you lolz. I am having issues setting up the wifi for the wii but once I do I will give you mah furend code. no furry

Steam

Smash Hero
they said a bunch of things I already know basically. Pivot Fsmash is basically all lucario's got on Ftilt. they're confused to how shuttle loop is working so much and want vids.

Top Bottom