• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Quickie shout-out to all the awesome OOSers I met tonight at the restaurant. Sooo much ridiculous fun from Done Drinking money matches, being hit on by old(er) women, and flirting with ourselves in the mirror. The time at the restaurant alone made Supercon worth while, thought not exactly much of Supercon's doings.

I enjoyed, and I officially accept you awesome people all as Colorado-ians. :D

Signed,
Jamaal (the nuts black dude with glasses.)

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Chunky was on a roll yesterday.

EDIT: Bees get your sis to upload yesterdays pics asap!

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Get owned, Colorado.

Also, no one can talk **** about Dave anymore. He's the only one that consistently does anything, it seems.
Not gonna lie...easy *** pool and beating a random rob main doesn't prove THAT much, but his match against Havok was great. Regardless, Tim is definitely our current number one.

But we really didn't get owned. The top placing came from top players. Real top players. National top players. Some of us made it out pools that had other good out of staters, which is a decent accomplishment (others felt the need to go Ness). CO didn't do all that bad.

Good ****, us.

Get *****, Ness.

Steam

Smash Hero
Haze was in meno's pool.

Tim had fishbait and chunky and kiraflax.

if they had advanced more than 2 people in me and peter's 7 man pool we would have had more colorado peeps past pools.

but they had me make sure some of the locals weren't all in the same pool... originally MikeHaze, Meno, Dave, and Tim were all in the same pool.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Dave just had M2K in his pool and all the others were random scrubs.

Meno had MikeHaze and Dekar.
Tim had some good people idk (Chunky was one of them)
Bees and I had X and that one Ice Climbers guy who CG'd us to death (not cool).

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Level Zero, man up. You have to get over your whole "I don't like how someone beat me so I'm going to write off their victory" attitude. Tarmogoyf out played you. You play Meta Knight and have no place complaining about the chaingrab or the player doing it. This is brawl and a lot of gay things happen, but they're in the game, so learn to beat it.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
Despite the lack of people... Super con was fun. I think I'm done with Brawl. Blazblue and Starcraft 2 was too much fun this weekend. I was happy meeting some of the smashers that I never see.

Tranzworld = I do enjoy playing BB with you, some BB fests need to happen =)
Beez = You are so effing nice, I love it!
Steam = You should play more BB =P
CloudChaser = you are super rad. Maybe one day I will understand the new BB and be a challenge to your Tager.

PS
Izzy = I missed you... = /

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Level Zero, man up. You have to get over your whole "I don't like how someone beat me so I'm going to write off their victory" attitude. Tarmogoyf out played you. You play Meta Knight and have no place complaining about the chaingrab or the player doing it. This is brawl and a lot of gay things happen, but they're in the game, so learn to beat it.
Yeah I know, my bad. Just grouchy because I was tired and a little mad my 50$ didn't go to better use.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Ya I learned how to fight ICs after I lost to Goyf.(with ROB though) KiraFlax, JT! and Goyf all told me what to do. So later when i played Goyf in a friendly I 3 stocked him.
Also Level Zero, Goyf just seriously outplayed you he beat you on your CP of Rainblow Cruise in MK dittos.

I just wish I hadn't gotten stuck with X(his brother mains ROB) in my pool and Goyf in my pool(the one ICs main who knows how to play against ROB better than Lain even) and me with no IC exp.

I fought Goyf first which was a mistake, because once I lost I got disheartened and just gave up. Because I knew there was no way I was going to make it out of pools since I nor anyone else in my Pool was going to beat X. So I just stopped trying. I even almost lost a match to a random Diddy that did nothing but roll around and throw bananas to fAirs. :(
I just need to work on maintaining my composure. Like how I get frustrated when I do some amazing predictions on an MK getting me a string of 50-60% and he ties the game up by pressing B a lot. I just need to learn to get past it.
Also after watching MikeHaze use Wario on CPs of Brinstar against MK rather than going MK I have one thing to say...
**** MK and I am going to use someone else for that stage. I don't need teh MK

Also Tony is funny.
Dave is a good player however
He got 4th at Fighter Frenzy in January(yay) (not sarcastic I really was stoked for him)
1st at KotS in May(which he fought a bunch of randoms, JCVD and Level Zero) also which earned him seeding at Supercon?! ROFL
made it out of the kiddy pool behind M2K and got 9th in a bracket of 15-18 players (I think) this weekend.

So 3 tourneys in the last 8 months out of maybe 9 or 10 tourneys we had.
Dave did good. However to say he was consistent or is consistent ignores what actually happened and just looks at the success to simplistically.
Dave definitely is a good player however his results are inconclusive to remain top player. (Once you are established as no 1 it seems wrong to remain that way when you never go to anything and have never faced anyone else on the PR besides those 2 at KotS since the last version came out)

Sorry for the long rant like post.
I haven't been on much because of stuff that has been happening lately. Also in the next few months I am likely moving to Pueblo for a job down their and moving in with Chicken Tenders. I will still go to tourneys and stuff however, I will just live further away is all.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
I just chose RC because I thought he would stay IC. Perhaps if it were MK dittos on FD/SV it would have gone better. I'm not too huge on playing on counter pick stages as I don't normally choose them. Just trying to protect myself from CGs and it backfired, plus I guess I don't know the MK vs MK MU as well as I thought I did T-T

Bees!

Smash Ace
I see. Well it would be good to learn how to play on the gays that make MK great. and for that matter to use what is good about MK. That will help you get better with MK.

Also I am going to take my ROB to another level. Between just simple things I learned from Reflex and others this weekend and watching Japanese ROB mains I am going to attempt to emulate what they do like none-other.

Steam

Smash Hero
Lol bees with his Steam mindset.

Also it's K lvl 0. goyf two stocked Dillon in MK dittos on RC too :(

I'm sure he's used to being taken there

Underload

Lazy
@UTD: Dave vs. Havok wasn't recorded. Match 1 was Dave vs. Havok's Snake on FD I think, and Dave won last stock, high percents. 2nd match Havok went MK and I think CPed Smashville, and Dave got 2 stocked. Game 3, Dave went to Battlefield and spaced a lot better, and it ended with a 1 stock, mid-percent win for Havok.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
God everybody is spelling KiraFlax wrong. Possibly even me?!?!

Oh, and Dave is obviously good. I'd never debate that he wasn't.

I'll do shoutouts and stuff later, but this tourney made me realize my MK is actually good. Like, not top level obviously, but it has enough potential to make me realize I'm very happy about maining him over Tink. This game is really fun and I'm pretty hyped to get better.

And thanks Chunky!

Top Bottom