• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
When you're in college, search for internships immediately, Jo.

As for you Zaj, just walk into a local Cosco/Sams Club looking nice and with a resume. Talk to the manager. Most likely you'll get hired on the spot. They'll need the extra staff since they're going to lose some due to school. Unless you don't want to work during the school year.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I have like nothing to put on a resume. I've been looking for a job for about as long as Zaj has, but I've kinda been way more lazy about it.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
wtf

No leadership anything? Extracurricular activities?

Even volunteer work?

Mowing people's lawns even!?

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
I LIKE LAMBDA GUISE

Seriously though, i know none of you main her but any advice for the TK loops? I keep messing them up and dashing to correct the distance isn't really working, i'm hearing TK9 TK7 TK7 TK9 TK7 TK9 ender but not too sure how well that will work.

Also jamaal are you maining Tsubaki? If so she's hella fun to play.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Why isn't he using sleeves? Dummy, the oil and sweat on his hands will ruin the cards.
those are sleeves. I used those sleeves in state champs a long *** time ago. I lost miserably, but I used those sleeves.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Alright denizens of smashboards. With my birthday coming up in a few days here, I've convinced my parents to get me an arcade stick. I'd like a few of your guys' opinions.

Here are the other two that i'm looking at getting.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Real...UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1280499338&sr=8-2-spell

HRAP EX. It's about 30 dollars less, and the version with the Seimetsu parts is about 10 dollars more (and i believe the EX-SE is the one that Jason has...I'll probably get the EX-SE but was wondering how much of a difference there is.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ils?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1280499551&sr=1-1&seller=

MadCatz TE. I have a feeling this one is a little out of my price range and i'm not too sure how I feel about the sensitivity of the buttons (i triggered stuff on accident a bunch playing with jamaal's), but I hear this one is a better value due to having sanwa parts.

I've checked all three of these sticks on that "Arcade Stick Tier List" and they're all fairly highly rated, and i'm not really sure where to go from here.

Anyone else got any other opinions/suggestions? :x Thanks in advance guys.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Alright denizens of smashboards. With my birthday coming up in a few days here, I've convinced my parents to get me an arcade stick. I'd like a few of your guys' opinions.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Real...UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1280499338&sr=8-2-spell

HRAP EX. It's about 30 dollars less, and the version with the Seimetsu parts is about 10 dollars more (and i believe the EX-SE is the one that Jason has...I'll probably get the EX-SE but was wondering how much of a difference there is.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ils?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1280499551&sr=1-1&seller=

MadCatz TE. I have a feeling this one is a little out of my price range and i'm not too sure how I feel about the sensitivity of the buttons (i triggered stuff on accident a bunch playing with jamaal's), but I hear this one is a better value due to having sanwa parts.

I've checked all three of these sticks on that "Arcade Stick Tier List" and they're all fairly highly rated, and i'm not really sure where to go from here.

i dunno what kind of math ur doing, but the te is only 5 dollars more than the hrap ex. You can't go wrong with the madcatz te ones. I personally love my te, its a mvc2 one but its the same as the sf4 ones except with different artwork. I've have never blamed my stick once for execution issues, if there are any execution issues i have, its usually because of me and not the stick which is exactly what u want in a stick. Because good execution just comes from practice and sitting in training mode for hours. So yeah all in all i would get a TE.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
My, completely biased, opinion votes for the TE. Yeah, the TE's buttons are stupid sensitive. You just have to get used to not resting your hand and fully pressing the button or not pressing it at all. If you even have a moment of hesitation, it's gonna fire off regardless. Buttons can take abuse, so get used to smacking them like a fine booty ;).

Also, what ZMan said. And see if you can find any sorts of deal on Ebay, since that's where that 70-ish dollar new one was posted on. Search around the net too for any special deals or sumdat.

Also: Happy early Birfday! You gonna throw down a party? ;)

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice

Being a consumer of both the HRAP and the TE's, I have to say I love my TE much more than my HRAP. I'll give you a list of why I like the TE so much better:

Cord Management

• When I got my HRAP, I played the heck out of that thing. I saw wear-and-tear on it. One thing that really turns me off now is there isn't a compartment for cord management. Since the cord is always exposed, it can get frayed and ripped during transportation. Such thing happened to me, and now I have it wrapped with gaffer's tape so it won't become even more frayed than it is.

• The TE has a compartment for storing the cord so it is completely concealed during transportation. Easy to fold up, and easy to store/take out.

Design

• With the design of the HRAP, I found it to be cutting into my wrists since I set my wrist down when I play, especially my right hand.
  • The design of the TE's curve at the bottom is actually really nice: it follows your natural curvature from your hand to your wrist.
  • Both stand the same height.

Lock
  • TE has a lock for the accidental pressing of home and such. HRAP doesn't. Simply put.

Weight
  • I prefer for my stick NOT to move around on my lap while playing. The TE is much heavier than the HRAP.

Those are the 4 main points that I'll stress to you about the TE. The third one is a little weak, but the lock is amazing IMO.

I'll stand by Jamaal and say that if you do let gravity take over your fingers while they're resting on the buttons, prepare for some weird attacks to come out that you didn't call. They're that sensitive.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
What does TE stand for? This is perfect, I'll get this stick in September for my birthday. lol

also happy birthday

edit: Tourney edition, got it. lol

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
I can't visit page 2479 (last page)
Google chrome says there are elements from www. fomos.kr

"The website at www.smashboards.com contains elements from the site www.fomos.kr, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.fomos.kr.
Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.
I understand that visiting this site may harm..."

Top Bottom