• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
honestly u could probably get away from riding the light rail for free, just make up some bs excuse if u get caught, most of the guards are nice about it. Or try contacting someone from the springs and see if u can meet them at a point on the way. Seriously ur parents can't take u to a light rail station or something?
I hope you weren't indirectly suggesting me or Besse... >.>

Bees!

Smash Ace
We may have a huge problem on our hands... I think Dan/Z might not be coming up for EFL.

@UNDERLOAD-OMFG TURN ON YOUR PHONE PLEASE!!!

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
So is this tourney going to happen or not? I'm still confused and sorry if the answer was already said. :(

Underload

Lazy
Remember, bring a setup and you get your entry fee waived / reduced.

And sorry Josiah, my phone died sometime last night. I just woke up.

edit: @Dan: I have no idea when the venue closes. I don't think anyone does.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Dave not going>Me not going>TC and DOP not going true combo?

No. TC and DOP could've DI'd towards the bus, but the first half for sure.

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
I think it's still going to happen Steam. Besides, they'll also have a shortage of a Lucas, but still, let them enjoy their fun.... unless they do postpone it, but if not, they'll tell us how it went :D

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Guess who is in town for a week? Itsa me, Daviiid!

Ha there is something going on today that I won't be at :( I'll probably be skiing during the week, but I would love to smash some. I noticed tsizzinc is in Boulder... maybe we could organize something next weekend or this one or whatevs?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Guess who is in town for a week? Itsa me, Daviiid!

Ha there is something going on today that I won't be at :( I'll probably be skiing during the week, but I would love to smash some. I noticed tsizzinc is in Boulder... maybe we could organize something next weekend or this one or whatevs?
Cool. The Lucario shortage problem has improved for a week.

DeliciousDave

Smash Cadet
so i got a text from bees giving me the results
1st level zero
2nd Meno
3rd Bees
4th Tim
man level ain't no fluke from FF

and sorry fot not coming......if i keep my grades up ill be going to ranbat 4 in feb

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
so i got a text from bees giving me the results
1st level zero
2nd Meno
3rd Bees
4th Tim
man level ain't no fluke from FF

and sorry fot not coming......if i keep my grades up ill be going to ranbat 4 in feb
ggs everyone, and to clarify the results, i think there was a 4 way tie for first because we did round robin and it ended up being decided by the total matches lost.

As for melee, it ended up being me and tony tied for first and then Tim. Tim beat me 2-1, i beat tony 2-1, tony beat tim 2-0 we did round robin of course.

Underload

Lazy
Yang covered most everything, but I'll just ignore his post and act like I'm all official n' shiz.

EFL was a ton of fun. Because about half a dozen people bailed (Chunky, Steam, Dave, Dylan, DOP, tsizzinc, etc.) we decided to give everybody there money's worth and do round robin instead of a dinky bracket that would take 1 1/2 hours.

Long story short, there was a four-way tie for first, set wise. Level Zero, Tim, Meno, and Bees all went 6-2 in pools.

Level Zero lost to myself (INTENSE matches, Meno and Josiah can attest to it because they were watching) and Tim.
Tim lost to Meno and Bees.
Meno lost to myself and Level Zero.
Bees lost to Level Zero and Meno, I think. They'll correct me later on who the lost to who exactly.

So, you had a 4-way tie for first basically. But, in order to determine a winner, we went by set counts. At which point Level Zero won because he beat everybody 2-0 except for, again, Tim and I, whom he lost to 2-1.

It was kind of a stupid way to decide things, but hey, it's the official way. Tio file's corrupted, so forget getting full results, but I do know this:

1. Level Zero (1st set-wise)
2. Meno (1st set-wise)
3. Bees (1st set-wise)
4. Tim (1st set-wise)
5. Underload (one match out of the magical 1st place group)

Everything else, you'll have to rely on the people themselves. In addition to those 5, Yang, Tony, Chicken Tenders, Z and Zaj showed.

It was really fun. Things went smoothly, nobody took up tourney TVs with friendlies, pretty cool.

As for Melee, Yang and Tony tied for 1st and decided to split, they never played it out. Yang beat Tony 2-1 in the RR, however. Tim got 2nd, then the rest doesn't matter.

Oh, and we'll see if EFL wants us back at the next one. Most everyone was really happy with the atmosphere (just a different air than Cutthroat), but it was just the numbers that were a bit off-putting. I'm pretty sure they do want us back, but eh. Their decision. Nice guys, official and everything, knew what they were doing, and courteous enough to keep a small watching eye over us, but letting me run most everything off of my laptop and being laissez-faire toward us, like we wanted.

Top Bottom