• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
We can't start banning stages because they "encourage camping." That means banning FD, Battlefield for the top platform, SV for it's moving platform, Brinstar, PS1, etc.; which is unacceptable.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
i like your new ruleset and all but id just like to suggest that luigis mansion, HRC, and wifi waiting room stages be legal, as there is nothing wrong with them and i know my stages :)

and some rule changes i wanna suggest

NEUTRAL ITEMS:

(Sandbag) (Food) (Warp Star) (Bunny Hood) (Beam Sword) (Lip’s Stick) (Star Rod) (Super Scope) (Fire Flower) (Motion Sensor Bomb) (Freezie) (Smoke Ball) (Pitfall) (Mr. Saturn) (Green Shell) (Banana Peel) (Franklin Badge) (Screw Attack)

COUNTERPICK ITEMS:

(Assist Trophy) (Dragoon) (Metal Box) (Home-Run Bat) (Hammer) (Ray Gun) (Cracker Launcher) (Gooey Bomb) (Hothead) (Spring) (Unira)

BANNED ITEMS:

(Smash Ball) (Pokeball) (Containers) (Blast Box) (Maxim Tomato) (Heart Container) (Super Mushroom) (Poison Mushroom) (Starman) (Superspicy Curry) (Lightning) (Fan) (Golden Hammer) (Bob-Omb) (Smart Bomb) (Deku Nut) (Bumper) (Soccer Ball)

CHANGES FOR 2v2 PLAY:

Item Spawn Rate – Changed to ‘Medium’
(Team Healer) - Neutral
(Smash Ball) – Moved to Counterpick
(Superspicy Curry) – Moved to Counterpick
(Cracker Launcher) – Moved to Neutral

BRACKET PROCEEDINGS:

Double-Elimination

Best of Three (3) Sets, with a Best of Five (5) Finals

Matches Consisting of 3-Stock with an Eight (8) Minute Time Limit

In the event of dispute, controller ports may be decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

Ties will be broken by lives, followed by percentages; if percentages are tied, then a One (1) Stock Sudden Death match will be played (no time limit)

Each player may declare One (1) stage and/or One (1) item to be stricken from the entirety of the set

BRACKET CHANGES FOR 2v2:

Controller ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

Team Attack will be set to ON

Life Stealing will be allowed

Each team may declare Two (2) stages and/or Two (2) items to be stricken from the entirety of the set.

Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

MISC. BRACKET RULES:

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stalling is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

MATCH PROCEEDINGS:

1st Match –

Double-blind character selection (may be waived with agreement of both players)
Each player may declare stage/item strikes
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Match begins on stage chosen during strike

Subsequent Matches –

Loser selects stage from Neutral / Counterpick list
Winner selects character
Loser selects character
Winner counterpicks One (1) item
Loser counterpicks One (1) item
Match Begins

MATCH PROCEEDINGS FOR 2v2:

1st Match –

Controller port selection
Double-blind character selection (may be waived with agreement of all players)
Each team may declare stage/item strikes
Opponents start the stage striking procedure (1221 order as determined by RPS)

Subsequent Matches –

Losing team selects stage from Neutral / Counterpick list
Winning team selects characters
Losing team selects characters
Winning team counterpicks One (1) item
Losing team counterpicks One (1) item
Match Begins

Perfect for competitive play :D

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
i like your new ruleset and all but id just like to suggest that luigis mansion, HRC, and wifi waiting room stages be legal, as there is nothing wrong with them and i know my stages :)

and some rule changes i wanna suggest

NEUTRAL ITEMS:

(Sandbag) (Food) (Warp Star) (Bunny Hood) (Beam Sword) (Lip’s Stick) (Star Rod) (Super Scope) (Fire Flower) (Motion Sensor Bomb) (Freezie) (Smoke Ball) (Pitfall) (Mr. Saturn) (Green Shell) (Banana Peel) (Franklin Badge) (Screw Attack)

COUNTERPICK ITEMS:

(Assist Trophy) (Dragoon) (Metal Box) (Home-Run Bat) (Hammer) (Ray Gun) (Cracker Launcher) (Gooey Bomb) (Hothead) (Spring) (Unira)

BANNED ITEMS:

(Smash Ball) (Pokeball) (Containers) (Blast Box) (Maxim Tomato) (Heart Container) (Super Mushroom) (Poison Mushroom) (Starman) (Superspicy Curry) (Lightning) (Fan) (Golden Hammer) (Bob-Omb) (Smart Bomb) (Deku Nut) (Bumper) (Soccer Ball)

CHANGES FOR 2v2 PLAY:

Item Spawn Rate – Changed to ‘Medium’
(Team Healer) - Neutral
(Smash Ball) – Moved to Counterpick
(Superspicy Curry) – Moved to Counterpick
(Cracker Launcher) – Moved to Neutral

BRACKET PROCEEDINGS:

Double-Elimination

Best of Three (3) Sets, with a Best of Five (5) Finals

Matches Consisting of 3-Stock with an Eight (8) Minute Time Limit

In the event of dispute, controller ports may be decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

Ties will be broken by lives, followed by percentages; if percentages are tied, then a One (1) Stock Sudden Death match will be played (no time limit)

Each player may declare One (1) stage and/or One (1) item to be stricken from the entirety of the set

BRACKET CHANGES FOR 2v2:

Controller ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

Team Attack will be set to ON

Life Stealing will be allowed

Each team may declare Two (2) stages and/or Two (2) items to be stricken from the entirety of the set.

Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

MISC. BRACKET RULES:

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stalling is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

MATCH PROCEEDINGS:

1st Match –

Double-blind character selection (may be waived with agreement of both players)
Each player may declare stage/item strikes
Opponents start the stage striking procedure

Subsequent Matches –

Loser selects stage from Neutral / Counterpick list
Winner selects character
Loser selects character
Winner counterpicks One (1) item
Loser counterpicks One (1) item
Match Begins

MATCH PROCEEDINGS FOR 2v2:

1st Match –

Controller port selection
Double-blind character selection (may be waived with agreement of all players)
Each team may declare stage/item strikes
Opponents start the stage striking procedure (1221 order as determined by RPS)

Subsequent Matches –

Losing team selects stage from Neutral / Counterpick list
Winning team selects characters
Losing team selects characters
Winning team counterpicks One (1) item
Losing team counterpicks One (1) item
Match Begins

Perfect for competitive play :D
sorry when i saw items, i just stoped reading

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Smashballs! Yes!

EDIT: Wait, they're still banned in singles.

WHY DOES EVERYONE BAN SMASHBALLS???

Banned via Warnings
sorry when i saw items, i just stoped reading
at least someone in CO knows a **** thing about brawl <_<

ps2 is in fact broken it has EASY wall infinites, the ice allows for retardedly over powered tech chasing, and the rising wind lets characters like metaknight plank alot harder than they normally would, and even allows characters like bowser to recover from SUICIDE moves...

comparing **** like that to a balloon is just stupid

Smashballs! Yes!

EDIT: Wait, they're still banned in singles.

WHY DOES EVERYONE BAN SMASHBALLS???
i think this is proof enough that meno doesnt know anything about brawl and his stage choices should not be listened to and that y'all shud go wit da pound 4 ruleset

also anyone who has ever seen fox/falco/wolf/sonics FS's would understand why they are banned, common knowledge that theirs are wayyyyy too good

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Norfair, PS2 green greens, corneria should all be banned.
I don't know if anyone else is a fan, but I'm still wondering why people hare on Norfair. It's one of my favorite levels and when I heard it got the boot, I was a sad Z :(

Can someone explain to me why Norfair got the boot?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
at least someone in CO knows a **** thing about brawl <_<

ps2 is in fact broken it has EASY wall infinites, the ice allows for retardedly over powered tech chasing, and the rising wind lets characters like metaknight plank alot harder than they normally would, and even allows characters like bowser to recover from SUICIDE moves...

comparing **** like that to a balloon is just stupid

i think this is proof enough that meno doesnt know anything about brawl and his stage choices should not be listened to and that y'all shud go wit da pound 4 ruleset

also anyone who has ever seen fox/falco/wolf/sonics FS's would understand why they are banned, common knowledge that theirs are wayyyyy too good
You're an idiot a big meanie head .

CO doesn't play with items and Meno knows his ****. He was simply being playful with your trolling.

Banned via Warnings
You're an idiot.

CO doesn't play with items and Meno knows his ****. He was simply being playful with your trolling.
meno dont know a **** thing obviously, only a scrub would even suggest those stages :/ they are all bad

I don't know if anyone else is a fan, but I'm still wondering why people hare on Norfair. It's one of my favorite levels and when I heard it got the boot, I was a sad Z :(

Can someone explain to me why Norfair got the boot?
norfair has the worst attacking stage obstacles in the game -_-

green greens being legal is by far the worst choice for a legal stage ever... it has EASY wall infinites

cornerias blast cieling is WAY WAY too low :/ and i already said why ps2 is awful as well...

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Characters have advantages on CPs??? WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT.

The wall infinites are not easy - PS1 and Delfino have much worse wall elements. They're not even infinites. The whole stage compromises of less-than-45 second temporary transformations. They're not even infinites in the plural sense: there's one wall in the entirety of the stage.

That wall, again, is also temporary. Like the ice and the flying portions.

We can't start banning stages because characters have tricks on them, and also again, if they encourage camping - especially since it's only brief and temporary.

You can take away my Green Greens, but leave PS2. It deserves absolutely none of the hate it receives.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ cloud chaser:Basically all the good stages for Link are being banned, Norfair, Cornaira, Temple, 25m, Port town...
Tourney stages heavily support floaty characters like MK because people don't link to deal with a spammy character who have terrain advantage and room. Link>MK on temple. I'd like to see a banned stage tournament.

Banned via Warnings
ps2 deserves all the hate... the only part of it that isnt broken to **** about it is the treadmills :/ the rest of it is way broken :/

there is only one char specific thing i stated on there and thats the low gravity swap... garunteed whorenado kills at like 0 :/ FACT.

once ur offstage in the low gravity zone your done -_- anyone at all can air chase to the point of them being offscreen and STILL recover from the bottom corner with just their up B.... with few exceptions

the wall part.. garunteed dtilt locks/fthrow/dthrow locks EASY to pull off...

the ice part.. very extended tripping animations/overpowered tech chasing/sliding any and every move

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
@ cloud chaser:Basically all the good stages for Link are being banned, Norfair, Cornaira, Temple, 25m, Port town...
Tourney stages heavily support floaty characters like MK because people don't link to deal with a spammy character who have terrain advantage and room. Link>MK on temple. I'd like to see a banned stage tournament.
Yeah :( I love playing Samus on Norfair. T_T

Rizen

Smash Legend
What the hell happen to this thread? *Points to Avatar's*
Bandwagon?

meno dont know a **** thing obviously, only a scrub would even suggest those stages :/ they are all bad

norfair has the worst attacking stage obstacles in the game -_-

green greens being legal is by far the worst choice for a legal stage ever... it has EASY wall infinites

cornerias blast cieling is WAY WAY too low :/ and i already said why ps2 is awful as well...
You talk tough until the counter pick comes along. Sometimes you'll have to play stages that don't favor you. Link>MK on Temple is true.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
there is only one char specific thing i stated on there and thats the low gravity swap... garunteed whorenado kills at like 0 :/ FACT.
Yes, let's ban this since it's completly unavoidable and broken.

Except it's not.

once ur offstage in the low gravity zone your done -_- anyone at all can air chase to the point of them being offscreen and STILL recover from the bottom corner with just their up B.... with few exceptions
Not really. "Few exceptions"? This is Brawl, the majority is having fifteen recovery options. You don't even need to use any of them - one jump will rocket you half way up the screen.

the wall part.. garunteed dtilt locks/fthrow/dthrow locks EASY to pull off...
Yes, on the one wall, that appears for 45 seconds, and is first introduced with a gigantic "WARNING WALL SOON TO APPEAR" transformation animation, all of these are just done with a snap of the fingers.

Also, let's ban the first stadium.

the ice part.. very extended tripping animations/overpowered tech chasing/sliding any and every move
Let's also ban Smashville since I can switch to Ivysaur with no lag there. Tricks and advantages such as that are unacceptable in competitive play.

Honestly, what... is this...? PS2 is fine.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Meno, just saying its really easy to lead up to a tornado with MK.

Banned via Warnings
Yes, let's ban this since it's completly unavoidable and broken.

Except it's not.

Not really. "Few exceptions"? This is Brawl, the majority is having fifteen recovery options. You don't even need to use any of them - one jump will rocket you half way up the screen.

Yes, on the one wall, that appears for 45 seconds, and is first introduced with a gigantic "WARNING WALL SOON TO APPEAR" transformation animation, all of these are just done with a snap of the fingers.

Also, let's ban the first stadium.

Let's also ban Smashville since I can switch to Ivysaur with no lag there. Tricks and advantages such as that are unacceptable in competitive play.

Honestly, what... is this...? PS2 is fine.
a gooddecent mk is going to get you in it everytime

no one has that many recovery options :/ and its not the recover factor its the easy kill factor :/ and the exceptions wud be like ivy or olimar(tethers dont get massive boosts here)... but that had nothing to do with the brokeness to begin with -_-

and also all of those arent char specific :/ and ps1 doesnt have infinites aside from D3 dthrows and marth/meta dtilts WHICH ARE CHAR SPECIFIC

your trying to compare something that makes almost zero difference to something that makes massive difference in the smashville statement

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
How about people just play melee? There are already levels that a legal and stuff. No need to worry about infinite :)

Bees!

Smash Ace
On PS1 Ike has a chaingrab against Anyone on two of the transformations! That should be banned as well. And PS2 should definitely banned because MK can plank unpunished for 45 seconds. Hmm. Ban Haliberd as well. because Snake can kill early on that stage and the claw can get you. Also ban Delfino because DDD can Walk you off the level. What else . Its so wrong for you to "Counter" other characters by "Picking" a stage that you might have an advantage on. ---Oh....
With the exception of gimmicky levels.

Also I might add that successful Troll is successful :p lol

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just use the rules that are used by real tournaments and you will be fine.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Ban PS1 against Ike.

All characters kill earlier, not just Snake.

45 seconds is 45 seconds, throw **** at him until he messes up.

Ban Delfino against D3.
Most of my piece was a satire against the logic that is being deployed by some. Sarcasm on the 'freak out because a character has an advantage against others on that stage' type thinking. But you put it correctly. Just ban character specific stages against those characters. rather than banning the stages themselves.

Regardless of what I think on CPs it would definitely make this tourney more appealing to oos smashers if we just resort to Pound 4 for the excepted stages. If it means more will show up from oos. Then I could care less if PS2 or anything else isn't there.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
MES, let me explain to you how MK vs. Link on Hyrule would go down. MK hits Link, then infinitely glides against the bottom wall of Hyrule. 8 minutes later, MK wins.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
MES, let me explain to you how MK vs. Link on Hyrule would go down. MK hits Link, then infinitely glides against the bottom wall of Hyrule. 8 minutes later, MK wins.
I call stalling? Can't we also throw bombs down? Maybe angle a boomerang and clip it through the walls on the return? x.x There has to be something that can be done.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Steven is the winner.

Nope nothing you can do. Well, actually you can just run off the cliff and throw a bomb sideways against him.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Meno, just saying its really easy to lead up to a tornado with MK.
I realize this, but is the flying transformation always a free KO for MK every time it appears? I highly doubt this.

Same deal with Dedede on Delfino walk-offs.

no one has that many recovery options :/ and its not the recover factor its the easy kill factor :/ and the exceptions wud be like ivy or olimar(tethers dont get massive boosts here)... but that had nothing to do with the brokeness to begin with -_-
I've honestly never encountered or heard of this. Do you have a video or something of this unavoidable Wall of Pain every character seems to have on the flying transformation?

and also all of those arent char specific :/ and ps1 doesnt have infinites aside from D3 dthrows and marth/meta dtilts WHICH ARE CHAR SPECIFIC
Walls aren't character specific...

your trying to compare something that makes almost zero difference to something that makes massive difference in the smashville statement
I was trying to demonstrate the subjectivity of your statements. What's apparently "overpowered" to you seems only "advantageous" to me. We don't start banning stages when they offer advantages.

Top Bottom