• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
I read melee playerz should start playing brawl lmfao.

Ferdi let me help you read with marth. Everyone that plays brawl exclusively here air dodges after Marth forward throws and if you poke them with side-b 1 hit they shield. Childrens Book people

Edit and chun will forever be the most broken character with her bs hitbox

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Playing against IC 2 easy

Edit: Lucky vs Dr. PP RoM 2 is soooo ****
Just watched that set.

Wow, wtf. Too intense. Last stock, high percent, amazing clutch play from both people.

Dayumnz.

Maaaaan, how the hell is that supposed to be "accurate"?

Oh well, The Mighty Morphin' Fighting Game wasn't very popular, anyway. Not too much damage done.
I forget that Ivan Ooze is older than you are.

Watch the 1st PR movie. You'll see what I mean by accurate.

Lotsa kids played it. And it was at EVO. lololol

While not as awesome as Ivan Ooze, I'd throw Jump Ultimate Stars up there.

Not a specific character, just any character with supports. You know all about it Tony.

Otherwise Old Schoo' Guile is hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mP3VcQ6uJI&feature=PlayList&p=806125D6167DDBCF&index=5

I miss you Tony :(
Sena and Seiya 3, ftw.

I've been playing again! My Muhyo is rusty, but I think I might be able to **** people in solo supportless now. I found out JUS has buffering. Or Muhyo does, anyway.

Killua is still broken. Sanji, too.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Did I get called a pedophile again? Bah =(

Also, I nominate Killua for being up there in broken character status. A disjointed, multi-hit, invincible move that's spammable, yeeeaaaah!

Team Double Dragon is guaranteed to kill people, though. Yeah JUS!

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Don't forget about Hiei and Sasuke solo-infinites! :D Yeah swords! Oh and Tim's stupid Yoh.

And Raoh is top tier in whatever game he's in. Always. And then there's Dr.Mash...

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh god, I forgot Dr. Mash. And these smash players think they have campy characters...

I wanna play games today! People should come over and play! Anytime! Seriously, I'm taking the day off.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I feel like Ferdi got a little shafted with his questions

1. MK is still considered the best and is quite likely to stay that way.
He will not be banned as many realized he has evenish to possible disadvantages depending on stage/he isn't completely dominating the scene/they got over it or mained him

2. Reading doesn't have as much influence if the opponent plays right. Read tornado all you want but it's still going to be a ***** to deal with.

3. I want you. in this scene...

Underload

Lazy
I forget that Ivan Ooze is older than you are.

Watch the 1st PR movie. You'll see what I mean by accurate.

Lotsa kids played it. And it was at EVO. lololol
I've literally seen the 1st PR movie a dozen times. I can see where you're coming from kind of, but the distance they took the idea was waaaaay too far.

And really? Must watch matches on Youtube...

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Barlw'ers should start playing melee, especally yang

what else am i missing, in this here post you say brawlers should start playing melee, especially yang implying that yang is a brawler. unless you mean brawlers should play against yang in melee.
yeah i read it that way too. Tim i'll probably show up sometime later today. If you guys wanna get in some practice or play some melee, come to tims today.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Ok so real quick guys
What do you guys want as neutral levels and counterpicks. No jokes im in a hurry

Lolz at tonys avatar. Your jiggz sucks xD

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yaaaaaaaay Melee!

Ben should show up. And Dan. And Dan should bring recording equipment.

AND GIMME THE LINK TO THEM MATCHES!

Or just bring an external HDD.

Ok so real quick guys
What do you guys want as neutral levels and counterpicks. No jokes im in a hurry

Lolz at tonys avatar. Your jiggz sucks xD
Get at me later. I'll have a full stage list.

EDIT: Also, mah Jiggz is gettin' there. Beats you randomly. Beats Chap consistently. But we're all a buncha sandbaggers.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ok so real quick guys
Neutrals

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1 (Replace with Delfino Plaza for teams matches)

Bring back PS1 over Lylat - simply due to popular preference. Either is fine though.

Counter

Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Corneria - This NEEDS to be banned.
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2 - This is fine. It's just unpopular. Leave it!
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens - I like it, but would agree with a decision made either way.

Underload

Lazy
Neutrals

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

PS1 over Lylat, please. But get rid of the whole "replace with Delfino for teams matches" thing, that's just pointless.

Counter

Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens Popular consensus says it's gay. Meno likes it because it's a good Peach stage, but everyone else I've seen has expressed disdain.

I'm on the fence about PS2 and Pictochat, but they seem alright enough. If anything, I'd get rid of PS2 because it alters gravity and traction at different points, which might mess up certain players.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final D
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat

CounterPicks:
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pictochat
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino
Castle Siege

And on another note, we should revisit our ledge grab and grab rules. Do we want to keep standing infinites banned? They don't apply to ICs because their feet have to move to do their grabs, should we just wipe the rule completely? And we should probably adjust our ledge grab rule to be more in-line with the rest of the country, or just eliminate it. Maybe put it to...40? I dunno.

Neutrals: I say Lylat instead of PS1 because they both have gay edges, but PS1 also has an incredibly amount of stupid stuff that can happen due to the stage transformations.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Neutrals

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Bring back PS1 over Lylat - simply due to popular preference. Either is fine though.

Counter

Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
This one looks good but all the levels you commented on i want banned.
Thanks meno
*ferdi edit* *pro edit*
After thinking about the neutrals lylat does seem like the better choice instead of PS1 sooo i guess it stays that way

and as for the ledge grabbing stuff Just tell me what you want them to be and i shall make it so =D as long as it's not get rid of it completely since i know how gay this game can get

And Tony- That's because you're trying to be a little mango >.> mmhmm trying

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Neutrals

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter

Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair, PS2 green greens, corneria should all be banned.

Just adopt pound 4 ruleset and make it easy on yourself.

Underload

Lazy
I approve of the no standing infinites rule (except ICs). Wall infinites are fair game though, but stages that have permanent walls should be a no-no.

I also like the ledgegrab rule, to an extent. Traditional planking is highly overrated. The harder to enforce, more annoying, and easier way to camp is to glide under Smashville / FD / BF, and we're sort of fighting that off by making PS1 a neutral over Lylat. I'd put down a 40 grab rule anyway, it can't hurt.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
40 is perfect.
It's way too high to reach if you aren't purposefully doing it and it isn't too high to discourage from it.

I approve of PS1 over lylat.

Underload

Lazy
PS1 is honestly a better choice than Lylat if you're trying to discourage camping. I won't complain either way, since I can handle glide camping, but there's always somebody who wants to cover all the bases.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
PS1 is honestly a better choice than Lylat if you're trying to discourage camping. I won't complain either way, since I can handle glide camping, but there's always somebody who wants to cover all the bases.
i hate ps1 due to the gayass windmill. TONY BRING MARVEL

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Brawl:

-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. 1st Stage will be chosen at random unless agreed upon by both players. Each Player will be provided one Random Reset, with the lower-seeded Player given the option to use their reset first.**
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Team attack will be set to ON
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Additional Rules for Pools Play:
-Matches will be 3 stock
-7 Minute Time Limit
-Number of Players advancing from each pool will be dependant on number of entrants, number of players per pool, number of pools, and which round of pools it is.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
There shouldn't be any problems with PS2. It's just silly. It has nothing broken. It's just unique. Learn the stage.

Pictochat is also fine. We remove random elements when they become to be over intrusive - Pictochat's hazards are on a timer and can be avoided as to make them negligible to an informed player. Same deal with Jungle Japes, Smashville's balloon, and Yoshi's Island ghost.

Also, we wouldn't have the Lylat vs PS1 problem if we had seven starters. Seriously, all we do is keep both and add another one.

It adds a ton more flexibility to stage striking and makes the first match more fair. :mad:

(What even happened to Norfair...?)

-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium
**** that ****.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Oh man. meno is mad. He can't deal without having gimmicky CPs.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm just against Super Smashboards Brawl.

Take out the broken garbage, then play the rest of the game.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
40 is tight.

Yang, I'll try to find my mem card. No guarantee, **** has been destroyed recently. =(

I dun agree with the suicide rule
The random reset rule is ******** as ****. Nogo.
The bigger problem with Pictochat is that it practically obstructs tournaments. Like, pick a projectile character, spam **** and run away forever. When it gets to killing percent (like... 180 on that stage), maaaybe go near them. Or just keep spamming.
Picto for teams would work, tho.
I'm up for 7 starters. Make Delfino the extra, and I'll sign that.

For the argument of PS1 vs Lylat

Both have

-gay ledges

Lylat has

-stage tilts that can screw certain character over
-platforms that are easy for set-ups (not a bad thing, imho)

PS1 has

-Two or three separate forms with walls, allowing for wall infinites
-Glitches galore (fall thru, invisible edges, stage changes canceling attacks)
-That **** windmill
-Low ceiling
-etc

This one looks good but all the levels you commented on i want banned.
Thanks meno
*ferdi edit* *pro edit*
After thinking about the neutrals lylat does seem like the better choice instead of PS1 sooo i guess it stays that way

and as for the ledge grabbing stuff Just tell me what you want them to be and i shall make it so =D as long as it's not get rid of it completely since i know how gay this game can get

And Tony- That's because you're trying to be a little mango >.> mmhmm trying
Trying. =(

Nah, butsrsly. I need characters I can reference. Falco's always had a place in my heart (when I'm not lazy), so has Jiggz.

But I won't act like I don't like Mango's style. Guy is too mean to everyone. I wanna play toptier, but I dun wanna get bored.

I dunno, tho. I might drop Jiggz if she doesn't click soon. I love the rest, and rest combos are hype, but I get bored with poking for three years. Dunno who would be next on my hitlist of toptiers, tho.

Stupid Peach, I dun wanna pick her back up.

EDIT: I'd also be more likely to agree with Meno than Sinz on stages. Meno knows his stuff.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
hey all I did was take the list that is being used the most right now. That is deemed perfect(read the pound 4 thread. People complained and now they are fine with it.)

Also, ledge grab limit should be at 50 or 60. 40 is too low. I have gotten that many without planking at all.

But, the random reset thing is pretty gimmicky. I prefer straight stage striking personally.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The bigger problem with Pictochat is that it practically obstructs tournaments. Like, pick a projectile character, spam **** and run away forever. When it gets to killing percent (like... 180 on that stage), maaaybe go near them. Or just keep spamming.
That sounds exactly like FD. Except we have that as a neutral. :laugh:

Pictochat makes for a terrible spam stage anyway - as a CP, it's a dice roll whether the drawings will help you out or not. It might give you the billion platforms, or it might as well give you the wind pushing you toward your opponent.

I'm up for 7 starters. Make Delfino the extra, and I'll sign that.
It's the best solution!

Top Bottom