• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Dekar173

Justice Man
Meno if you want more stages, go make some custom ones like the MW is messing around with.

They made one that is a lot like Yoshi's in Melee, maybe you could just check out their stagelist?

CS is not neutral material (it encourages camping against D3 much more than one would regularly do so)
aside from this, it's not that bad, it's just not a neutral since it's got a dominant walk-off portion.

PS2 gkirbs hit on the head, punched it in the ****, then ****ed its mother. He supplied you with reasons as to why that stage is broken, now it's up to you to just listen to what he was saying and understand that you can't always win an argument.

Green Greens is BROKEN. Like seriously, D3 all day dthrow x 50 > utilt rinse repeat, that's not playing Brawl that's just grabbing your opponent and lacking any amount of techskill yet still limiting ALL of their viable options.

Also, MES, regardless of where Link is playing (unless if it's Brawl+) he's low-tier trash against his bad match-ups, he doesn't have a different moveset/recovery depending on what stage he's on, he ALWAYS sucks. Play him in low tiers :)

Also, all of the aggression against people because they like certain stages isn't necessary. Explain where they may or may not be wrong, and move on, don't belittle them because they have a differing opinion from you =/

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I like this list.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium

Bees!

Smash Ace
I like this list.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium
Just out of curiosity
What about Jungle Japes?
Pictochat?

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Ps2 Gkirbs Hit On The Head, Punched It In The ****, Then ****ed Its Mother. He Supplied You With Reasons As To Why That Stage Is Broken, Now It's Up To You To Just Listen To What He Was Saying And Understand That You Can't Always Win An Argument.

Green Greens Is Broken. Like Seriously, D3 All Day Dthrow X 50 > Utilt Rinse Repeat, That's Not Playing Brawl That's Just Grabbing Your Opponent And Lacking Any Amount Of Techskill Yet Still Limiting All Of Their Viable Options.
= d

Rizen

Smash Legend
Green Greens is BROKEN. Like seriously, D3 all day dthrow x 50 > utilt rinse repeat, that's not playing Brawl that's just grabbing your opponent and lacking any amount of techskill yet still limiting ALL of their viable options.
DDD is broken.
he doesn't have a different moveset/recovery depending on what stage he's on
Does any character?

@Sinz: When are you going to be in CO?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Meno if you want more stages, go make some custom ones like the MW is messing around with.
I'd like more stages, but I'm still fine with fewer. I'm just against using very poor reasoning to ban perfectly legal stages.

Custom stages are silly.

CS is not neutral material (it encourages camping against D3 much more than one would regularly do so)
aside from this, it's not that bad, it's just not a neutral since it's got a dominant walk-off portion.
I agree, Delfino should be our seventh starter.

PS2 gkirbs hit on the head, punched it in the ****, then ****ed its mother. He supplied you with reasons as to why that stage is broken, now it's up to you to just listen to what he was saying and understand that you can't always win an argument.
Did you like, read "PS2 is legal" and just zoom past my posts?

Like... it's such blatant ignorance to tell me "shut up, you lost", when I feel as though I've countered just about every single point he's made, that it's hard to believe you're not just trolling me.

I've conceded this.

But I won't argue since Nite might still keep it legal. :p

Banned via Warnings
if simply saying no it doesnt is a counter then i guess my visions ****in amazing cuz thats all i see

becuase the ruleset is so gay here if i even go to this tourney i am going take a really really reallly long time to strike stages and do nothing but air camp at all times, and any and everything else gay i can do on your cp's i am going to do

=D

and i am going to mikehaze everyone i play until my voice is gone

Underload

Lazy
"PS2 is broken because you can do this, this, and this with Metaknight."

"No, it really isn't, the things you said were over exaggerated, situational, and sometimes untrue."

I must be blind, because that's what I basically saw.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Just ignore him UL.
1. He doesn't go to tourneys. So who cares what he thinks? he won't show regardless.
2. He's not even arguing intelligently. He is merely contradicting(trolling)
This argument is getting nowhere. Nothing is coming from it.

Banned via Warnings
"PS2 is broken because you can do this, this, and this with most the cast."

"No, it really isn't, the things you said were over exaggerated, situational, and sometimes untrue."

I must be blind, because that's what I basically saw.
fix'd and thats exactly what i said you saw :/

all he said is "no its not, bull**** bull**** bull****" =D

Banned via Warnings
Just ignore him UL.
1. He doesn't go to tourneys. So who cares what he thinks? he won't show regardless.
i do go to tourneys actually, ask anyone that went to AZ anger, or some of the people that went to R3 i was at both....

I HOST ALL OF UTAHS TOURNEYS D< GET AT ME

this deadly technique will not work against me.
ight i wont bother then

oops double post —________—

cHiCkEN_TeNdErS

Smash Apprentice
- METAKNIGHT is legal in 1vs1 and 2vs2, so steal your wins while you can.

-The METAKNIGHT STAGE RULE will be enforced this hobo. Scroll down to rules for more info.

RULES

Random/neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter-pick: Brinstar, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Pokémon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, Castle Siege, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, pirate ship

Banned: Everything else. If both players agree to play on a banned stage....its ok

1. Each match should be a 3 Stock battle with a 8(or 7) minute timer

2. Items are set to "off" and "none"

3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

BANNED

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.[/B]

STALLING

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

MetaKnight Ledge Grab Limit Rule and Metaknight stage rule

ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH. The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.

MetaKnight Stage Rule: If Player A (Meta Knight) wins first game and gets CP'd to Halberd (a CP stage), then he can stay Meta Knight. But if he loses, he can only stay Meta Knight if he CPs a starter/neutral stage. If he CP's a CP stage, then after opponent changes character (or stays) Player A has to switch off of Meta Knight.

these are the rules to HOBO, one of the most respected tourneys in all of smash

xyro knows his ****, why not adopt this?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Because he is heavily biased against MK. Great guy, but I just disagree with his bias against MK. Adopt his rules aside from the MK part and I am fine.

Bees!

Smash Ace
i do go to tourneys actually, ask anyone that went to AZ anger, or some of the people that went to R3 i was at both....

I HOST ALL OF UTAHS TOURNEYS D< GET AT ME

ight i wont bother then

oops double post —________—
Sorry I mean't you don't go to Colorado tourneys. And I think you wont show at this one. So why complain?
Also I am done. For reasons mentioned above.

Underload

Lazy
I like Xyro's ruleset, except for the "Metaknight stage rule". That's whack. And move the edgegrab limit to every character, others can plank also.

And his stage list is spot-on also, save for Pirate Ship. Get rid of that and I'll be totally happy.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Well of ****ing course he doesn't go to Colorado tourneys. He lives in Utah. Utah is one of the best states for brawl, and ****ing rocks. Bees **** you.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Well of ****ing course he doesn't go to Colorado tourneys. He lives in Utah. Utah is one of the best states for brawl, and ****ing rocks. Bees **** you.
There is no way you can be serious with this butthurt sissy-fit.

I wasn't saying that Utah sucked. My point is that he was talking about a tourney he wouldn't attend regardless of what the rules are. I should have been more specific when I said 'goes to tourneys' I meant goes to tourneys in the thread he is posting in. Which he doesn't.
Also you aren't from Colorado and have been to Colorado tourneys so I don't see why him living in Utah excludes him from ever coming to a Colorado tourney

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Your first statement is the winner :D

But honestly, you accuse one utah smasher you accuse the entire scene. That's how we ****in roll.

He is one of the people who is likely to go to this tourney FYI.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Just ignore him UL.
I second this. And he needs a better sig.

@Sinz: A best of 3, C3 rules (as described for the holiday bash), including limits on infinites and stalling but on Temple exclusively, with you as MK only and me as Link only sounds like fun. Not wifi. I'll MM you if you want, up to $20. I don't care about the money, but if it gets a Temple match, it's cool.
PM me when you're going to CO.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Bees. The reason he isn't arguing "intelligently" is because he thinks the rules that you guys have been discussing are just plain stupid. A lot of the players who would be attending this(NM, KS, possibly me still trying to figure things out.) are using this as practice for Pound 4. We don't want want bull**** stages, we don't want bull**** rules, we just want to have a good tournament with the same rules as Pound.

Banned via Warnings
Sorry I mean't you don't go to Colorado tourneys. And I think you wont show at this one. So why complain?
Also I am done. For reasons mentioned above.
of course i dont, i mean they have 11 man OoS's :/

But honestly, you accuse one utah smasher you accuse the entire scene. That's how we ****in roll.

sinz speaks the truth

I second this. And he needs a better sig.

@Sinz: A best of 3, C3 rules (as described for the holiday bash), including limits on infinites and stalling but on Temple exclusively, with you as MK only and me as Link only sounds like fun. Not wifi. I'll MM you if you want, up to $20. I don't care about the money, but if it gets a Temple match, it's cool.
PM me when you're going to CO.

lmao you mad? perfect sig is perfect <3

forewarning sinz will **** your link

Bees!

Smash Ace

Okay well if you are just being playful then I have no issue here. I guess when you say "**** you" over the internet that playful and jocular nature of those words is lost.

Bees. The reason he isn't arguing "intelligently" is because he thinks the rules that you guys have been discussing are just plain stupid. A lot of the players who would be attending this(NM, KS, possibly me still trying to figure things out.) are using this as practice for Pound 4. We don't want want bull**** stages, we don't want bull**** rules, we just want to have a good tournament with the same rules as Pound.
I already agreed to having Pound4 rules. Im all for it. I posted that already. Go back and look. And you should always argue intelligently. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean you should forsake intelligence for sensationalism. Its hard to take someone seriously who says if they can't have their way that they are going to come here and piss people off and throw a temper tantrum.

Let me reiterate my first point here. I am all for Pound 4 rules. Especially if more people will come.

Also Stretchy page is indeed stretchy.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Alright, bottom line-

I am winning this tourney regardless of ruleset, fact.

I disagree with PS2 being a counter, unfamiliarity with the stage is definitely a reason, as well as the fact that it plays like Rumble Falls or Big Blue- I find myself more concerned over the stage than I am over who I'm playing against, if you want a unique stage such as this, just make Pirate Ship legal.

I am fine with Pictochat either way, it can be legal or illegal, as it's not an actually broken stage (transformations last 10-15 seconds, and don't really obstruct play unless if they have walls, even then it's only 15 seconds, and not even 1/3 of the stage's duration).

CS is NOT a neutral stage, again, it gives FAR TOO MUCH of an advantage to certain characters.

Advantage =/= Neutral

(also, this isn't due to me being concerned over facing different opponents on CS, I don't care, I will beat them there, I'm honestly more concerned over the lesser players that are going to be there who aren't going to be as knowledgeable as myself or their opponents on certain stages/characters).

Remember how this is supposed to be a tourney for fun, to meet people and have a good time? Ya I don't think *insert new player* is going to have much fun going to a stage he relatively likes, then getting pummeled by a D3 main who just grabs and dthrows over and over again. That's the kind of thing that turns people off to the tourney scene.

Green Greens is CP/bannable imo, it's got its broken tidbits but it's debatable, and should be entirely dependent upon who plans on attending FF.

Meno, how can you vouch for PS2 and then tell me custom stages are silly?

Also, Everett, this is AFTER Pound. Silly newbert ;D

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
How to seperate a counterpick and a banned stage

Can the stage create an autowin situation for a character?

Yes -Banned
No-CP

People that think PS2, Pictochat, Japes, and GreenGreens should be legal I would be happy to show you why they are bs stages.

Top Bottom