• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I beat Tim every single time I have played him in tourney.
I'm fairly positive we've played each other once in tourney, and you did win that. I won the only time we MM'd, however. If we've played in tourney sometime other than the hat tourney, correct me.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm not saying I want custom stages legal, I'm saying that if you absolutely need 7 neutrals, go make some neutrals. Don't pick a counterpick stage and say it's a neutral for the sake of your preferred number of stages, that's just bull****.
People complain if we have PS1 as the fifth starter.
People complain if we have Lylat.

The easiest and best solution is for us to include both (basically so they can both be striked), and neither player has to deal with them. For this to happen we need an odd number, and so we throw in one more - which will usually be striked itself as well.

It's also not some random counterpick stage, the stage striking system would insures that our seventh stage will host a fair starting match (in the off chance it's chosen). When it's not being striked against Dedede, Ness, or what have you - Delfino and even Castle Siege can be a good starter for say, Peach vs Luigi.

I think it was Zman who said earlier that it doesn't matter what the starters are - people are going to end up playing on Smashville anyway.

Think of D3's cg across that stage. Also, you can run for much longer.

BUT

You do make a good point of CP vs ban. So if Heibrahi wants to leave Picto, I'll agree with that shiz. Tho I'd prefer to ban it if we have more than 64 people, cuz it'll seriously hold things up.
It's reasoning with a slippery slope for a ban though. If we ban Pictochat for making matches long, we have to start banning Jungle Japes. And what if people start abusing all the air space and platforms on Lylat?

I always assumed that was the timer was for - to put a cap on how long a match could last so tournaments wouldn't last forever. It seems redundant to have the timer and ban stages because matches last longer.

And for the record, Pictochat, again, is a terrible camping CP choice. If a player's goal was to stall, they might either get lucky and get the diagonal and the thousand platforms, but they also have an equal chance of getting the missals and the piranha plant.

Also, I'm going to learn Marth?
What? No.

Bees!

Smash Ace
seems to be Meno's stumbling block in this game. Just think when he gets that MU down. People will no longer be able to CP Marth against him. Learn that MU Meno! I think at EFL however (provided MikeHaze or Dr.PP doesn't show up.) Kirby can handle any Marth's we fight. Ima lookin at you Yang and Lawkk!!!:D

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Okay Tim/Tony/Z help me out here.

How exactly does a negative edge work? So I curse, start a combo, and then while doing the combo I hold B/C/ whatever so that the bug doesnt get released and then comes out at the right time (aka when I let go)? So as long as I hold the button down the bug won't come out, but I can't use that button again until I let go ya?

Edit: And tony I know you said not to play kune but I loooooooove him sooo much

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
**** NEGATIVE EDGE

If you are performing a special canceled from a normal the release of the button will count as an input. For instance in street fighter if you do a crouching medium punch into a hadouken you just press it for the punch and after the quarter circle you release and a fireball comes out.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Yep, I lost to Nite, I beat you. Then you came back from losers and got higher than me. We have only played once in tourney. Falling through battlefield against Marronator is pretty pro I know.
I lost to Lunchmeat via me messing up on Klaptrap land. Also, the suicide on Luigi's didn't help but whatevs.
Phantom knees. However, when Lovo came down to NM I got my *** *****.
Haven't played Fluxus in tourney
That 9 shieldpoked.
I beat Tim every single time I have played him in tourney.

Also, the person who sent me to losers at your tourney was from UT.

UT had the most top 8 spots at Grand Challenge.
NM has one good player. (This is generally agreed upon.)
Nite$>Colorado>Sinz
I'm sure we can all agree on this xD
Oh **** oh **** remember that time i visited you guys in nm for melee and i owned everyone there? xD
-_- I almost beat omar but that ****er snuck in a mutha ****en tilt
lol i dont think this has anything to do with anything but nostalgia is sometimes fun ^ ^

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I still play melee. I just got it at my dorm so I can practice up :)

Falcon is the bomb.

<3 Nite.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Let me see if I can get my wii hooked up for that

I am going random :D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
**** you dave.

me and Nite are meant for each other.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright, I added you. I am going random so I dunno bro.

Underload, you're the one who spends all day on message boards and wishing you could be good lol

I dont even play this game outside of our weekly smashfests and bi-weekly tournaments

Its like a job
like making 155$ in New Mexico
bank

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure there's a couple of us on here that could post, "I made your $155 in X amount of hours..." And yeah, single digit hours

Yea but I get to do it while having fun playing a video game

and of course a job beats that, that's why I have a part-time one too lool
Its just extra

and plus, I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to young trolls

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Except yet here you are wasting your time on a message board attempting to flex your epeen for a bunch of people that really don't give a ****.

Get out.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
You! You have a PS3 and BlazBalls, right?
360 and Blazballs :(

Acting hardcore in a message board, nice.

I just stopped by my neighboring state's board to say something to Sinz (another person from another state who was flexing his epeen) for fun.
Don't get mad son

When was I ever mad?

Or hardcore for that matter?

Because most people who've met me think i'm pretty **** nice and would go out of my way to do **** for people, which i do.

Top Bottom