• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
If he had his way, he'd be running it.
Yeah.. I wouldn't mind doing that.

You were the one who cut my awesome plastic belt off of me at that one tourney because I had it on too tight!
Oh yeah, now I remember haha...

Duddeee I totally forgot to reply to your message!!!! But yes if you don't mind of course, I would much enjoy that.

You're attending holiday bash right?
Done, and yep. Hopefully the new stick I put on, you'll like. It feels like the hat actually grips to your thumb, not the other way around. Ask Tony @.@ I just sold him a controller that I think he's going to be using for a long while.

Thread Title said:
Delicious Dave! (Feat. Colorado smash scene)
Delicious Dave is delicious?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Nah Choice Band Technician Scyther ***** all in UU XD

Pokemon EDIT: Anyone here play Pokemon competitively? I am looking to get back into it. I have many teams that I have not used in ages. And If I find my Platinum I have the **** n est team of all!
**** n est EDIT: I found my Platinum!!!!! Yay! I wanna pokemon battle.
OMG

I will **** you so hard, so fast.

Assuming I can hack.

Cuz I'm not doing EV training again AND beating the game.

Also, eff breeding for IVs. **** was excruciating.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
OMG

Assuming I can hack.

He PokeSAV's his. Same as me, except I'm not in his league of Pokemon battling. Screw 6 months of breeding to get the correct personality/moveset and another 6 months just to get max IVs.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I heard pokeSav was hard, so I helped Zajice with his homework, and now he owes me help on how to do it.

I think I didn't too nearly as well that tourney because of that belt

Bees!

Smash Ace
OMG

Assuming I can hack.

Sounds like a challenge. I haven't done this in so long so my prediction will be off but should still be fun. Bring your DS to Holiday Bash.
Here are the rules

Sleep Clause
OHKO Clause
Hax Item Clause(Quick claw, focus band, ect.)
Evasion Clause
Species Clause
Uber Clause(Probably won't be a problem with you)
Freeze clause
We can do 6v6 or 3v3 if you want. Although I tend to prefer 6v6.
If there are any rules I left out Please point them out as I have not done this seriously in a good 6-7 months.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Wobbuffet for stupidly good tier.
It can go like this

Tiers
-stupidly good tier-Wobbuffet(He has his own tier like MK used to have)
-Uber
-OU
-BL
-UU
-NU
-My God Why would you ever in a million years use these pokemon in a tourney ever or on a team ever. do you enjoy losing? Tier. We will put Wormadam, Farfetchd, Luvdisc and Ditto in this tier.
EDIT: For anyone who doesn't know The first and last tier aren't real.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
You forgot to put Unown in that tier, bess.

Also, it's that time again, Tim's mid-week smashfest! My place, whenever to whenever(probably midnight). We'll probably want at least 1 more tv if some brawlers show up, or if we wanna play blazblue or mario bros wii. Also, another wii would help these plans.

Bees!

Smash Ace
You forgot to put Unown in that tier, bess.

Also, it's that time again, Tim's mid-week smashfest! My place, whenever to whenever(probably midnight). We'll probably want at least 1 more tv if some brawlers show up, or if we wanna play blazblue or mario bros wii. Also, another wii would help these plans.
:O
I forgot About that! Unowns only application is choice scarf Hidden Power Psychic(Not too good)

Also when is the Tim's mid-week smashfest? If I can come I can a wii w/bring Brawl Ex and a tv. Just give me date, time and address info.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
It is from right now until midnight. Or so, probably past midnight because I forget to look at my watch.

Also, misspellings of your name are what you get after answering stupid questions about me on facebook.

Bees!

Smash Ace
It is from right now until midnight. Or so, probably past midnight because I forget to look at my watch.

Also, misspellings of your name are what you get after answering stupid questions about me on facebook.
LMAO Okay I am coming just let me pack up my wii. Can I get an address Tim?

EDIT: Im gonna bring mah pogeymans too. So maybe I can attempt to jump back into it.

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Leaving soon. Anyone need a ride?

I'm going to be leaving to go to Tim's in half an hour or so. Anyone who is not too far out of the way can hitch a ride with me if they need one. *looks at Roman and Tony* Just let me know by posting or txt/call 303-547-6131.

Underload

Lazy
To jump into the Pokemon conversation:

I play. I know how it works. But OU doesn't interest me at all, UU is where it's at yo.

Get at my godly Meganium.

Hyper edit: For those of you who I haven't leaked the news to, I'm really ****ing bored of Snake. No joke. So, since Holiday Bash has no actual pot or entry fee, I'm going to go with my 5 (or so) favorite characters behind Snake in singles. I owe Fino a win, so I'm kinda forced to use him in dubz.

Pit, Falco, Falcon, Diddy, Metaknight, Pikachu, Bowser, Mario are the ones that come to mind right now. That, or I'll ditto you with your main. It's more fun.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pikachu? wuuuut

Nah Choice Band Technician Scyther ***** all in UU XD

Pokemon EDIT: Anyone here play Pokemon competitively? I am looking to get back into it. I have many teams that I have not used in ages. And If I find my Platinum I have the **** n est team of all!
**** n est EDIT: I found my Platinum!!!!! Yay! I wanna pokemon battle.
Oh, I play it. Just really badly. Teach me stuff. Be my mentor so I don't have to get a smogon mentor.

I can use Pokesav like a pro. I even do the hidden values and junk for 100% legalness. I suck at building teams and stuff though. If it's not based around a move like baton pass or hail or something, I fail at making teams.

I also need to learn when switching is good vs bad... >_>

Fino

Smash Master
Hyper edit: For those of you who I haven't leaked the news to, I'm really ****ing bored of Snake. No joke. So, since Holiday Bash has no actual pot or entry fee, I'm going to go with my 5 (or so) favorite characters behind Snake in singles. I owe Fino a win, so I'm kinda forced to use him in dubz.

Pit, Falco, Falcon, Diddy, Metaknight, Pikachu, Bowser, Mario are the ones that come to mind right now. That, or I'll ditto you with your main. It's more fun.
Same goes for me, I'mma be reppin secondaries in co in singles... only because I know I'll still win X: Dubs it's all **** though, need to focus on the teamwork for the win ;D
ICs, Pikachu, Luigi, Marth, Dk, Falcon... awww yeah :D
UL, I don't mind going secondaries on their CP if we think we can win.

~Fino *still needs housing ;-; *

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I also need to learn when switching is good vs bad... >_>
Good when:

Not predicted

Bad when:

Predicted

To jump into the Pokemon conversation:

I play. I know how it works. But OU doesn't interest me at all, UU is where it's at yo.

Get at my godly Meganium.

Why no love for OU? They're tight.

Just realized one of my favs got super duper buffed in Platinum. Scizor+Togekiss for megarape, kidzzzz.

You should learn Falco. We need a Falco. Bad. Or MK. Every state needs more MK players.

Underload

Lazy
Falco's my favorite so far, so, yeah.

(without trying to sound like an ***) I haven't seen anything special out of Munch. Haven't played her personally, but from some sets at Ranbat 2 I saw that she's still really basic and clean. Effective, but predictable, not flashy, and in some situations totally ineffective.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Scizor is like #1 most used pokemon.

Technician and bullet punch and all that good stuff ****** everything.

Breloom is still the best competitive Pokemon ever, btw.

@Underload
Munch is just lacking experience. She'll get better over time.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I heart the pogeymanz. But I also like UU better than OU, because the metagame actually goes somewhere. Also I haven't touched a cartridge since discovering shoddy battle.

Btw Tony no self-respecting OU team goes without a scizor counter and an anticounter to whatever the other guy has for your scizor counter. He's just that centralizing. Togekiss is still teh ghey.

If anyone wants to pokesav me up a team I'd be glad to send them one of my shoddy battle UU teams. My OU teams are garbage though, but I might be able to make one and test it etc. before holdiay bash.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Just realized one of my favs got super duper buffed in Platinum. Scizor+Togekiss for megarape, kidzzzz.
Scizor is like #1 most used pokemon.
Technician and bullet punch and all that good stuff ****** everything.
I ♥ my Life Orb, Bullet Punching Scizor...

(without trying to sound like an ***) I haven't seen anything special out of Munch. Haven't played her personally, but from some sets at Ranbat 2 I saw that she's still really basic and clean. Effective, but predictable, not flashy, and in some situations totally ineffective.
She is getting better, no doubt. I remember picking BESS and Munch up at Wasabi last year. (quoting Underload: without trying to sound like a ****) I pretty much wiped the floor with them when I first played them. Introduced them to competitive play, and now BESS demolishes me. Munch comes close as well (most likely better than me now). Grant it I don't play much, but I'd like to think I know some technicals O.o Munch's hardest problem imo is accepting advice. She also tends to overthink her actions and to applying it in game (like her mind is moving much faster than her fingers and the game isn't responding as well as she wants, imo). If demonstrated to her, maybe she'll get an idea. The biggest hurtle that BESS and I have run into is trying to tell her what she's doing wrong and how she can drastically improve.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Falco's my favorite so far, so, yeah.

She's definitely getting better. Sometimes she'll use fsmash too much though, and just some other random stuff. I think she's improving though.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
JVCDEFG!! Come to Brawl Night on Friday. I'm bringing teh BlazBlue, and I want to record me destroying your Noel!

I second that motion.
Gotta see if I have work on Friday first or not. If I don't I'll definitely come and destroy your Tager. : D

Also, I need to see if they scheduled me for Saturday, since I wasn't able to get it off for sure. Might have to pull some tricks to get it covered... : (

I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be too much of an issue though.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Also, I need to see if they scheduled me for Saturday, since I wasn't able to get it off for sure. Might have to pull some tricks to get it covered... : (
Mr. Boss? This is JCVD. I will not be coming to work today. I was in a terrible plane crash. My entire family was killed and I am a vegetable.

That should do it.

Top Bottom