• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
hey guys, I just moved here to colorado springs from texas

im a little rusty and havent played since hobo 18 :(
so if any of you guys want to play some friendlies I'd love to get back into the tourney scene

I also saw you guys are having a big tourney in denver on the 19th, so if I dont get a chance to play any friendlies, see you guys then
Welcome to the coolest state you'll ever live in.

Melee or Brawl? We're gonna meet up again for Melee today, if you're interested, but it'll be in Denver.

In the Springs, you have Dan for Melee/a little barwl, Bees for some :D Brawl, and a few others that I forget, even though they're (prolly) pretty tight.

Up here, you have about 8-16 people for Melee, most of them are pretty good, or getting there, and then about... 5 people for Brawl that actually play the game, plus some of the Melee players.

So yeah, welcome, and can't wait to see ya @ holiday bash.

ROMAN!

You're improving, mangz. I'm starting to like your CF. Pika vs Falco is annoying, btw. Little rat is just weird to fight.

WE'LL BE TAPING MELEE TONIGHT! WE JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE YET! IT'D BE TIGHT TO GET LOVO AND ERG, BUT IF WE CAN'T, WE CAN'T! Imma prolly be putting together a highlights video over the course of winter break, to build a little hype for CO's melee scene and maybe get OoSers to start coming again. If you're gonna play flashy/smart/for combos/to improve, COME TO THISSSSSSSSSSS. It'll prolly be the last time we get to tape for a while.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
mmm... Mornin' all.

Anyways DFG wanted me to tell you all that the PayPal thing is done, but you have to do some stupid things to get it to work. His dev team is working on it, but it's still **** imo.
DFG said:
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. There is a slight glitch in the pre-reg system that is causing some issues for people to pay online. When people pre-reg for the event but then try to pay right away they recieve a paypal error. We are working to get this fixed ASAP but until then here is how you overcome the issue:

-Pre-reg for the Holiday Bash here: link
-Once signed up it will take you to the "User Summary" page where you will see the "Pay Now" Button
-Click on the "Logout" button on the left hand side
-Once the screen changes click on the "Log In" button on the left hand side.
-Log in then go back to the user summary page for you as a user. You do this by clicking on the "edit" link next to your name
-From there click on the "Pay Now" button

After that you should be good to go!! Again, we are working to fix this ASAP so we will let you know when the issue is resolved. Thank you for your patients!!

DFG
@Dylan - I got you pre-registered. Because I've done you a favor, you must now go to the Holiday Bash in a Pichu outfit!

@Everyone - I want to let you all know that Calculus can go suck a big fat one x.x

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice

so if any of you guys want to play some friendlies I'd love to get back into the tourney scene

I also saw you guys are having a big tourney in denver on the 19th, so if I dont get a chance to play any friendlies, see you guys then
Hi! Welcome to Colorado Springs! Bees (used to be me) hosts an actually host a Friday Night Brawl Nights at the I-25 and Austin Bluffs McDonalds. You should come this week and meet some of us on the SoCo side :D PM me for more info :)

Fino

Smash Master

Texas eh? MM at holiday bash?
I'm not singling you out... I expect a MM from everyone at the bash ;D
lol

~Fino

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
WE'LL BE TAPING MELEE TONIGHT! WE JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE YET! IT'D BE TIGHT TO GET LOVO AND ERG, BUT IF WE CAN'T, WE CAN'T! Imma prolly be putting together a highlights video over the course of winter break, to build a little hype for CO's melee scene and maybe get OoSers to start coming again. If you're gonna play flashy/smart/for combos/to improve, COME TO THISSSSSSSSSSS. It'll prolly be the last time we get to tape for a while.
Very nice!! I wana come... T_T

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Post the time and stuff tony, I'll be there if I can get a ride. However I'm with my gf today soo. D:

Yeah My falcon is super cool..kinda. You should of seen this up tilt I did against Nite!
I'm thinking just staying with Fox, then going with Pika and Marth. Falcon for teams.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'd really like to start having Melee tournaments again. I dun really care if the Mexicans have given up/retired, I'd lke our scene to keep improving.

Very nice!! I wana come... T_T
Then come.

Post the time and stuff tony, I'll be there if I can get a ride. However I'm with my gf today soo. D:

Yeah My falcon is super cool..kinda. You should of seen this up tilt I did against Nite!
I'm thinking just staying with Fox, then going with Pika and Marth. Falcon for teams.
Once it's figured out, I'll letcha know what we know.

Also, good choice for characters.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
can't wait to see what CO melee is up to

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Fino, you know that's different and you should feel like you made a ****ty counterpoint.

Are you staying with me on Friday/ what time would you get there?

~Fino

Bloshi

Smash Ace
You can include me in the highlights vid, even though I don't live in CO half the time haha. Just some Yoshi clips to mix up the stale elite four and friends stuff. I'll probably show up to some fests over break since I have nothing better to do.

btw what is up with the mexicans anyways? Do they still play, cuz they sure don't post much at all.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
We still need a place to smash at, though. Anyone have anywhere we can go for this? I just really wanna get Yang's Marf on tape. And sumdat Ferdi. And sumdat BM. Maybe some Tim.

I'll prolly go Doc for like... 3-5 matches (PER PERSON!LOLOL), but I really wanna start getting my Falco good, soz I'll prolly just get 3 stocked tonight as much as humanly possible. I might wanna play Jiggz, too, but we'll see.

EDIT:

You can include me in the highlights vid, even though I don't live in CO half the time haha. Just some Yoshi clips to mix up the stale elite four and friends stuff. I'll probably show up to some fests over break since I have nothing better to do.

btw what is up with the mexicans anyways? Do they still play, cuz they sure don't post much at all.
I'd love to get sumdat Yoshi in there. Honestly, if I could get ALL our Melee players 2-3 minutes apiece, I'd be REALLY happy. Right now, though, I only have enough for Ferdi, me, and maaaaaaaybe Kenny/Nite, cuz they both like doing combos and stuff. I don't have enough/any (good) footage of:

LoVo
Jeris
Chap
Ken
Victor (obviously, lolol)
Henry
SGNM
Tim
David (I can remember you, sometimes!)
Sam
Roman
Dan
Yang

I'm sure there are more people, but yeah. Ideally, I'd get a little bit of everyone, with the more entertaining players (Jeris, Nite, LoVo) prolly getting bigger chunks. Right now though, I can only make a mediocre video featuring like... 4 players.

If you have free time today, Ben, you should meet up with us and get recorded 'n stuff. Could be pretty cool.

===

GG7, I have some matches up on my youtube from like... 1 1/2 weeks ago. Some of them are pretty crummy, some are aight. Tho you could just wait till later, when I have enough footage to just do a "CO>>>AZ" vid, or something.

You goin' to P4, btw?

EDIT 2:

They still play, just not seriously. In all honesty, up until just recently, most of CO has had their mentality, so we haven't been practicing/traveling/even watching matches of top players, so there are things new to the metagame that CO is a little behind with. The Mexicans are probably done, more or less. They're still good, but they don't really have a drive to improve, so come post-pound, I dun even know if they'll be taking place in CO vs AZ. Kind of a shame.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Well, i know we usually smash more south but I can host til like 12:30 tonight- i have 2 tvs and 1 setup. But, i'm in a small apartment so it'd probably be best to find another place to smarsh-i'm just throwing it out there just in case.

But ya, pretty sure I havent smashed in a week so melee tonight mmk!

also, is it just me or login failed for HoN?

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Haha I would join you guys but I'm not even in CO yet. I fly back thursday night real late. No practice for me before the bash :(

I definitely like combos, but you guys have to promise to DI into them!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Well, i know we usually smash more south but I can host til like 12:30 tonight- i have 2 tvs and 1 setup. But, i'm in a small apartment so it'd probably be best to find another place to smarsh-i'm just throwing it out there just in case.

But ya, pretty sure I havent smashed in a week so melee tonight mmk!

also, is it just me or login failed for HoN?
What's your address? I might take a bus over soon if the trip doesn't take too long, since Kenny and Roman are gonna be busy for at least another 1 1/2 hours.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
12113 melody dr. #303 westminster, co. 80234

umm you have my numba call if problems- and again can only have people til 12:30-i dont own the house DO YOU KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion

you should come down to AZ sometime with the CO melee players so we can do our MM :-D haha but seriously, AZ hasn't seen CO since before i even started playing LOL

GG7, I have some matches up on my youtube from like... 1 1/2 weeks ago. Some of them are pretty crummy, some are aight. Tho you could just wait till later, when I have enough footage to just do a "CO>>>AZ" vid, or something.

You goin' to P4, btw?

EDIT 2:

They still play, just not seriously. In all honesty, up until just recently, most of CO has had their mentality, so we haven't been practicing/traveling/even watching matches of top players, so there are things new to the metagame that CO is a little behind with. The Mexicans are probably done, more or less. They're still good, but they don't really have a drive to improve, so come post-pound, I dun even know if they'll be taking place in CO vs AZ. Kind of a shame.
link me to your youtube my friend. CO > AZ will never happen, we would stomp you into the floor while we're sandbagging.

no, i have no money. :(

why the hell are mexicans part of CO crew? i'm so lost. Anyway, like I said earlier, we would stomp you hard.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
you should come down to AZ sometime with the CO melee players so we can do our MM :-D haha but seriously, AZ hasn't seen CO since before i even started playing LOL

link me to your youtube my friend. CO > AZ will never happen, we would stomp you into the floor while we're sandbagging.

no, i have no money. :(

why the hell are mexicans part of CO crew? i'm so lost. Anyway, like I said earlier, we would stomp you hard.
http://www.youtube.com/user/InterimOfZeal

CO>AZ is already happening. If he plays, LoVo's just gonna Iceburgh all of AZ. If he doesn't, we'll still win by like... 5 people.

:D :D :D

Sorry you can't come. That's lame. Oh well, I guess I'll just hafta introduce myself to random people so I'm not all lonely. Anyone from AZ going?

CO has mexicans, the mexicans play Melee. They will also stomp your yard. Mmhmm.

12113 melody dr. #303 westminster, co. 80234

umm you have my numba call if problems- and again can only have people til 12:30-i dont own the house DO YOU KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING?
Tim's gonna eat, then we'll be on our way, I suppose.

KENNY, IF/WHEN YOU COME, GRAB ROMAN AND HIS BLANK CASSETTE TAPE! ALSO, HIS TV, SO WE DON'T HAVE JUST ONE SETUP, CUZ THAT'S GAY!

EDIT:

Yang, go to Magus'. Now. I'm serious.

Top Bottom