• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wtf, how did I miss out on smash yesterday? I practically died of boredom.

In other news, the DBZ RPG is pretty **** good. Attack of the Saiyans, I mean. The tabletop is just ridiculous.

"So, let me get this straight. I roll one die for every point of energy this attack takes?"

"Ayup."

"But it's a 1,000,000 power attack!"

"Ayup."

"...**** it. Gimme those 2d6 and a pad of paper."

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterg. Lawkk, yup only the venue fee!! Don't have to worry about food either so for $15 you enter in any and all tournaments you wish, drink and food all day, casual gaming all day, and prizes. We are working hard to get the best prizes, auction and raffle prizes for this event!!

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Dave, if you are talking about the Splat event it is not a tournament but simply a gathering with Splat with console gaming. Now, with that in mind if you want to run a tournament by all means go right ahead. We are just providing the setups for the console side!!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Many of you are probably wondering why we aren't doing pots for this event and the answer is simply. This event is made to be a thank you to all the players that attend Cutthroat events as well as give new players a chance to compete without the stress of putting up money. Also, this is event is a charity as well so the one of the primary goals is to raise money for two non-profit groups.
What charities and non-profit groups and how much net profit will go where?

Fino

Smash Master
'Don't think so. I'd team, but you're in Kansas, I'm in CO and my wifi sucks so bad I can't jab consistently so it probably won't work.:(
Lol, wut?
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Just want to clarify just like last year we will giving away prizes instead of pot money for this event.
Wait.... what? You're not talking about holiday bash are you?

~Fino

Rizen

Smash Legend
@Fino: I don't think it's winner takes all. I'd like to team with you but my wifi is horribly laggy and we're in different states so it won't work.

Nowhere, Kansas? Say hi to Courage the cowardly dog for me.

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Okay for people who are unclear about Holiday Bash.

Last year I won this "tournament." I got a bobblehead, a giftcard (I think) and an ipod shuffle for winning. Aka no cash. It was me and Nite in GF's with like 15 entrants. Holiday bash doesn't neceserily have the tournament atmosphere that a ranbat does, it's more like a party for gamers and a thanks form cutthroat. It is VERY fun, however laid back and not serious.

For OUT OF STATERS: AKA Kansas and the like: I would ditch Holiday bash only because it wouldn't be cost efficient if you win, at all. Unless you get everyone to do MM's. You would essentially be traveling for prizes and MM's, and fun and alot of snow.

My advice to the OoS'ers, save up for the fighter frenzy. It's the weekend AFTER Pound 4. Not only does that tournament have a good turnout, the competition will be VERY good this year. It had around 40 entrants last year with no out of state besides Dook I think. They also give cool trophies if you win, one of which can be seen on my AiB profile. Oh and they have a big screen projector too if you like everyone to watch you play. Great venue too.

This year I'm bringing VEGAS, which is already reason enough to save up. Utah will want to go and most likely will, and then Kansas can come and then new Mexico and maybe AZ like Darklink and Wobbles. It could very well be a regional if everyone plans for it properly and actually goes.

So you figure 5-10 from Vegas, 5 from Kansas, 6-8 from Utah and 4-5 from NM totals at best 28 +40 (from last year = 68 or a REGIONAL. If we all come together it'll be an amazing time.

Long story short: Save up and prepare for fighter frenzy in January and don't go to Holiday Bash if your out of state. If your in state, go to Holiday Bash so we can hang out.

Underload

Lazy
So, yeah, Fino, Flux summed things up nicely. If you really want to come to Colorado for a chance to place well and make some money, I'd wait for Fighter Frenzy. Seems like Holiday Bash is more of an in-state thing.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8063 Link to that if you didn't see it before. That goes for everyone. Not all the info is updated yet, but you get the gist of it.

How do you know all this PETER
I laughed at this post, WILL

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Okay for people who are unclear about Holiday Bash.

Last year I won this "tournament." I got a bobblehead, a giftcard (I think) and an ipod shuffle for winning. Aka no cash. It was me and Nite in GF's with like 15 entrants. Holiday bash doesn't neceserily have the tournament atmosphere that a ranbat does, it's more like a party for gamers and a thanks form cutthroat. It is VERY fun, however laid back and not serious.

For OUT OF STATERS: AKA Kansas and the like: I would ditch Holiday bash only because it wouldn't be cost efficient if you win, at all. Unless you get everyone to do MM's. You would essentially be traveling for prizes and MM's, and fun and alot of snow.

My advice to the OoS'ers, save up for the fighter frenzy. It's the weekend AFTER Pound 4. Not only does that tournament have a good turnout, the competition will be VERY good this year. It had around 40 entrants last year with no out of state besides Dook I think. They also give cool trophies if you win, one of which can be seen on my AiB profile. Oh and they have a big screen projector too if you like everyone to watch you play. Great venue too.

This year I'm bringing VEGAS, which is already reason enough to save up. Utah will want to go and most likely will, and then Kansas can come and then new Mexico and maybe AZ like Darklink and Wobbles. It could very well be a regional if everyone plans for it properly and actually goes.

So you figure 5-10 from Vegas, 5 from Kansas, 6-8 from Utah and 4-5 from NM totals at best 28 +40 (from last year = 68 or a REGIONAL. If we all come together it'll be an amazing time.

Long story short: Save up and prepare for fighter frenzy in January and don't go to Holiday Bash if your out of state. If your in state, go to Holiday Bash so we can hang out.
we just lost half of our smash scene so we could probably bring 4. maybe. :/

Underload

Lazy
You know, there's no rule against me or somebody else charging 10 dollars to enter a Brawl singles bracket, and treating it as a regular ol' tourney. With that option, the winner would get money and whatever prizes Cutthroat decides to give out.

Just tell me if you want me to do it, but everyone needs to prepare to pay more in addition to the venue fee. :/

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
of course, there's always melee players around. Also, i technically work saturday night but, i could probably switch with someone cus i wanna hang and smarsh! Plus, fluxus is just a cool person to smash with, unlike this guy who throws controllers due to clap trap.

but really, sinz should get nm to come to the fighter frenzy-i'd definately look forward to that.

I <3 smashers!

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
How much will it be this time? And where is the location, I'm clueless on this. And UL I want to Falcon Dittosssssss :p

Underload

Lazy
I think it's either 15 or 20 bucks for the venue, and entry would probably have to be $10.

And I personally don't really care for a pot in Brawl singles, but if the Melee guys want one, then it'll happen, no problem. As long as they, y'know, show up. And hooray Falcon dittos

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
I'll tell you for one, I won't be interested in an actual cash tournament at the Bash, it's just not the right envioronment and there is alot of loud music playing so if ya'll have a tournament for it that contains money I won't participate because the envioronment isn't right.

AtrixWolfe

Smash Rookie
Thanks for everyone that showed up to FoCo Smash Fest! Was a blast. My pika digivolved. Ok, not that far but I got better :) Thank you all. And Dave, my humiliation was never so strong as when you got me down to 1 stock and I had you at less than 10%.

I bow before your magnanimity. And that goes for pretty much everyone else there too. And Ty, Dave. I finally got to play BlazBlue irl! Zomgs.

A special thanks to Dylan for his Smash scene nurturing nature. He really tries and coach everyone :) <3 Everyone helps a ton! Dylan tho, he's like. This and this and this. I lawled and cried inside when I asked, "Hey Dylan, what am I doing most wrong" then he sighs like, o noes where shall I begin? And trans, really sorry to hear about your Grandfather. We must enjoy them while they are here. Condolences. I am up for Sat or Sun.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I missed all the cool stuff that happened after Tim's sleepover/Bees' visit to my place.

Also, Atrix is like, becoming one of my favorite smashers in CO because he seems so... enthusiastic. And he makes me want to continue using Pikachu, even though I've felt down about my Pikachu's performance lately.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Don't worry, we won't be traveling through Wyoming this time.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am pretty sure we will. Its after the break, and no tests are nearby it.

Underload

Lazy
Dr. Dave's back :D :D

Y'know, if you don't have anything better to do, you can come over to my place for some Melee / Brawl today or Saturday. Just gimme the word.

That offer goes out to Flux too, since apparently he's in Colorado (according to Facebook).

Top Bottom