• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Double post all the way across this thread~!

So ok. I've recently finished a 5 page report. It's a research draft about some form of literature. It can be about absolutely anything as long as it's literature. (I didn't realize that the first time, and did a bigass report about samurais. The weaaboo in me made me do it! Obviously I had to redo it.) so anywho I chose "inspiration" as my main topic and linked together a ton of storys that had the author go threw some sort of epiphany that inspired them to write. And it was awesome! It was one of the few reports that I legitly put alot of effort into it.

Now I have to redo it yet again because the text was to informal. (so thats 15 pages total because i had to redo this report thrice) I had a very laid back way of wording everything in that report, but I thought that added to the charm of it. So now I have to redo in a more formal manner. But I just totally don't agree with that. As long as you word things with a clear and easy to understand way I think it should be perfectly fine. It doesn't change the meaning of the general gist of what i'm trying to convey threw my words, turning them formal just makes me seem like a tightass. Take for example that video mikezor posted awhile ago of the guy that did a report on my little pony. The concept was silly, he was informal, but the message he was trying to get threw was clearly presented.

I dunno. Just want your guys opinion on whether formality changed the overall meaning of your words.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'm fairly certain that frame data is wrong however... there has to be more than a 6 frame window...
Yea, I was thinking about that too. That's 1/6th of a second to actually get in and punish him. The amount of time for lucario to execute a jab. Even if the nitty gritty frame data isn't correct down to the last frame it's probably still hard as hell to punish for most characters.. Lucario's hitbox's linger for millenniums. ._.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Double post all the way across this thread~!

a ton of storys

had the author go threw some sort of epiphany

legitly put alot of effort into it.

the text was to informal.

i'm trying to convey threw my words,

but the message he was trying to get threw

Send it to me after you finish it and I'll proof-read it.

Please.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
You really don't mind proof reading 5 pages of junk for me? :D

I give you the title: Moblin, the ultimate study buddy. ;3 Thanks man. I'll send it when i'm done. On page 3 so far.

So unrelated topic, but I admire your ability to condense my speeches into something short and sweet. Seriously how do you guys do that? ;w; Makes me feel ******** because this is something that I should be able to do without trying. :I

Steam

Smash Hero
Yea, I was thinking about that too. That's 1/6th of a second to actually get in and punish him. The amount of time for lucario to execute a jab. Even if the nitty gritty frame data isn't correct down to the last frame it's probably still hard as hell to punish for most characters.. Lucario's hitbox's linger for millenniums. ._.
1/10th of a second actually

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Ted should come down to the Springs on Friday so I can punch him in the shoulder for not pressing Save As.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I might come to the springs friday if I'm bored and weather is nice. I want to teach bess how to beat you in mahvel.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
You really don't mind proof reading 5 pages of junk for me? :D

I give you the title: Moblin, the ultimate study buddy. ;3 Thanks man. I'll send it when i'm done. On page 3 so far.
No problem man, just post here when you're done and I'll shoot you my email so you can send it over. I won't correct any of the substance, just the grammar and syntax. (I don't consider myself an authority on grammar, but I'd be more than willing to give it a once-over. I am majoring in English.)

Ted should come down to the Springs on Friday so I can punch him in the shoulder for not pressing Save As.

Perhaps. My graduation ceremony is the next day though....

Bees!

Smash Ace
I might come to the springs friday if I'm bored and weather is nice. I want to teach bess how to beat you in mahvel.
:D

Tim should teach steam too IMO : 3
First you have to contend with getting around Kyogre in Brawl. he ***** your recovery every time and has even taken 2 stock in 20 seconds from you. Learn the MU nooblet

Also sorry if I seemed annoyed the other day. just a frustrating day. Also Sunnysunny I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Jokes about you being imaginary are like stereotype jokes. making fun of the stereotype rather than the person.

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
It has been a week since I've graduated and it feels great. I miss school though, but luckly I'll go back in August. ^_^ Congratz to everyone else that graduated this year and if you already done so years ago.

P.S: Dan and his writing is amazing. Thxs Dan. <3
P.P.S: I suck at MvC3 sooooooooo badly. :/ Thankfully I found a new member on my team which I will explain to Dan later on how her gameplay is.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Wait what? I hope that's another Dan because my writing sucks so bad it sucks the gay right out of Metaknight's anus.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Wow nice group effort at Steam jokes. Wish I could have gotten in on that. Also fyi Steam gets ****ed by Kyogre in free-for-alls with pokeballs.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
When's the next smash get-together? I remember Fish saying he was gonna try to host something early June.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice

I want to host another tournament over the summer... though I'm not sure when all of you are actually available.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Also Sunnysunny I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Jokes about you being imaginary are like stereotype jokes. making fun of the stereotype rather than the person.
It's ok beebot. xD Kinda like how I associate you with robots. =p I embrace that kinda stuff now! have ya'll noticed i'm less cloudy and more....sunny? :D

Wow nice group effort at Steam jokes. Wish I could have gotten in on that.
Same. Wouldn't be surprised if Tim showed up with a spray bottle and a bag of treats! xD
Oh god tim please do it!

So i'm up at 4 am. Again. This time for a good reason. I was doing my game design final exam, and kiiinda sorta got sidetracked to youtube vids. Long story short I found inspiration in the most unexpected place! This was the first time in months that inspiration had struck me! I stopped what I was doing and started writing down notes like a mad scientist as if i've been possessed for the last 3 hours!

I'll tell you guys about it if you want. It's a character for a fighting game project i'm working on. I'm gonna sprite her in the morning.

Anyone interested?

Btw. Summer time **** yea! I have no excuse to not go to your tournaments.
except being a troll from another state OH SHI-

Top Bottom