• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Bees!

Smash Ace
I call it regardless of what the topic is(In Brawl). Whatever you say it will always be the obvious. Even if time is taken...I think time will show it the way. At least as far as Brawl is concerned.

AlSo if you cAred to Re-examine my post with some Care you will see thAt Some of the Meaning was exaggerated.

Bees!

Smash Ace
*facepalm.
Why would you include the very first letter of a sentence? It is normally capitalized...

Also no Dan, he messed up posting it the first time. with - the "]"

Spelt just fails and does a poor job covering it up.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
My Kirby has never ad into snake fsmash. MK maybe but they are miles apart in how good they are. MKs is actually a viable move to be used more than just once or twice a set.
Also after playing for hours and hours of friendlies and other non related fun stuffs.(It took the entire weekend setting up for that party for my sister, not to mention getting back home at 3:30 and waking up to 10 a.m. to set up just about until people start showing up for the party. Which is legitimate johns. Sleep johns are not something I normally take advantage of. Just play me friday in some seriouslies and you will see that it wont work again if. Also ROBs dAir has tons more practical use than Snakes fAir.
Stalls recovery
cancels lag with ledge cancelling
creates an odd up and down momentum
Is an excellent mixup on shields and shield pokes when used properly. Also upward momentum makes it pretty safe on shield
Is much easier to sweet spot.
Snake's Fair:

Hits overhead
Ground Bounces with hard knock down
***** your ****
Actually works from our experience

also you've AD'd into my snake Fsmash multiple times... otherwise I would never try to use it.

-Steam-

Bees!

Smash Ace
Watch any friendly that we have recorded. I have never AD into Snake fsmash. Recording or it didn't happen.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
*facepalm.
Why would you include the very first letter of a sentence? It is normally capitalized...

Also no Dan, he messed up posting it the first time. with - the "]"

Spelt just fails and does a poor job covering it up.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpn8X9uhKIM&t=1m41s[/url]

i'm sorry, what were you saying?

Bees!

Smash Ace
Good job. full hop fAir really shows how that hitbox is useful. It may be a huge hit box but even full hopped it doesn't hit a grounded opponent. A big hit box doesn't make a move good.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I thought snakes big (see: broken) hitboxes were why he's so good in the first place.

N-air is even stupider though. Look at that ****! It goes everywear on his body except the actual kick.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Also if Spelt's personality had a face, I would punch it.
I'm sorry, what were you were saying?

Also Sunnysunny, big doesn't mean broken. utilt is a ground move that is faster and much harder to avoid. ftilt is fast and big. fAir is super slow and really easy to get around and punish. Especially with no hitbox in the back. Tired of arguing with Scrubs who don't even play the game or exist. (excluding Steam with whom I humor with his trolling.)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
My personality has already been punched in the face, though.
Multiple times.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'm sorry, what were you were saying?

Also Sunnysunny, big doesn't mean broken. utilt is a ground move that is faster and much harder to avoid. ftilt is fast and big. fAir is super slow and really easy to get around and punish. Especially with no hitbox in the back. Tired of arguing with Scrubs who don't even play the game or exist. (excluding Steam with whom I humor with his trolling.)

Dood, you should probably stop taking everyone post seriously. No one in this thread has responded to your post being serious. except maybe steam. It's just fun to make fun of snakes stupid hitboxes. The argument you've been having is like...not existent. More so then me. '3' Chillax bee's baby~! =w=

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
...you aren't even a good troll
Nobody is ever a good troll.
Because the person being trolled will always say the troll isn't a good troll.
So really you're the one living below standards here.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
So ignoring all the trolling and going back a few pages...

ROB's f-tilt does outspace MK's f-tilt and d-tilt, but because ROB extends his hurtbox and MK has transcendent priority, the MK's f-tilt will usually win depending on timing (not sure if MK's d-tilt works). I only use f-tilt if MK is approaching and going to use f-tilt. If i can space it right and they shield it instead of attacking I'm still safe. If they are closer a jab is better.

On a side note I'm having trouble using d-tilt as ROB against MK. I'm too afraid to combo w/ it (go for a grab usually) because the MK's just spam d-smash. If i spam d-tilt instead of grabbing their buffered d-smash always gets me in between d-tilts. Ideas? (realizing I should probably post this on the ROB boards lol)

Steam

Smash Hero
Don't use Dtilt ^

I mean lucario is one of the better ones against MK and my ground game is effectively reduced to Fsmash, Dash attack, grab, Jab, Up tilt. most of those will still get beat out by MK's stuff and everything else is highly situational. oh and aurasphere. Thank god for fsmash though : 3

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Hey steam, I gotta question. Can MK punish lucario's F-smash if it's spaced correctly? I've seen MK dash attack him out of block after an F-smash before, but i'm not sure if it was because the lucario was still committed to the after lag of F-smash or he just wasn't blocking. '3'

Steam

Smash Hero
Hey steam, I gotta question. Can MK punish lucario's F-smash if it's spaced correctly? I've seen MK dash attack him out of block after an F-smash before, but i'm not sure if it was because the lucario was still committed to the after lag of F-smash or he just wasn't blocking. '3'
I'm pretty sure he gets Dash grab/Dash attack off of him. he can also easily punish it on whiff or PS

Steam

Smash Hero
Spaced on shield, I don't think he can punish it. On power-shield or whiff, yes. Not well spaced on shield, f/dtilt maybe?
I'll test it now... but I'm fairly sure he can instant DA and get it... Also Aura changes how safe lucario's moves are on shield... so that could be a factor as well.

yeah you can with DA... and frame data says so too. but apparently it's really hard to punish on whiff 0_o only a 6 frame window before IASA

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Holy ****. So F-smash is like, virtually unpunishable from the ground if you whiff? Thats, like, pretty cool actually. :D

Yea, I think MK can just do a walk up D-tilt or F-tilt if F-smash isn't spaced well. D-tilt is like, my go to punish as MK. It's silly how you can string it together with more D-tilts if it trips. and I'm pretty sure MK can get a dash attack if he blocks F-smash.

So yea, thanks for the info steamy baby. I'll help test some stuff for ya too once i'm done with these final exams. My brains totally mush right now. It feels like i just woke up despite being awake the whole day. :I Been learning lucario lately since my spacing doesn't suck.....as much as it use to atleast. :V Never knew his aura based attacks add more hitstun on block.

Top Bottom