• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Steam

Smash Hero
I dunno man it still is working pretty consistantly on you and Spencer. It has been for the longest time. and **** that move is so slow i'd never land it except on a read or if your reflexes were pretty garb. the best part about it is the damage I get off of you doing other stuff when you're expecting that fair : D

as for MK's tilts. I know RoB's Ftilt competes with MKs Ftilt if not outright beating it. either way it's close... maybe I can give even moar metnite exp.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Thanks. Will work on spacing those better. I have a good exercise for that as well. Will work on it then challenge you again. Don't get any worse in the meantime ;)

Bees!

Smash Ace
I dunno man it still is working pretty consistantly on you and Spencer. It has been for the longest time. and **** that move is so slow i'd never land it except on a read or if your reflexes were pretty garb.
1. Its a friendly
2. You landed it once on my ROB in a friendly back in around September 2010. Aside from that and before yesterday you never got it off in 1v1. Excluding teams because a lot can happen. Also yes Why would Snake run offstage vs Kirby with a fAir? It puts you in a situation to get punished really hard. Which after a couple of matches and after people stopped walking in front of the screen(don't even say johns. You know that happened at least half a dozen times.) things went much differently after that. Trust me, what happened there was a 1 time thing that will never happen again. As long as I am actually paying attention in the match you will never pull off what you pulled off.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I hated those Brawls.

But I do cool stuff sometimes. Especially when intoxicated.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Meno is good he just makes bad decisions sometimes. But he has got a lot of potential.
Meno needs to stop playing around on the ledge as much. He gets way to greedy and it results in stupid punishes that can be avoided if he were to get back on stage. Also stop dAiring when you are being juggled. It may work against MK(idk if it does) but against Kirby you get Wall of pain>Aerial Swing.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Like you have any idea of anything else to do.

Who's the Peach main here.

Yea.

Yea. I thought so.

Steam

Smash Hero
1. Its a friendly
2. You landed it once on my ROB in a friendly back in around September 2010. Aside from that and before yesterday you never got it off in 1v1. Excluding teams because a lot can happen. Also yes Why would Snake run offstage vs Kirby with a fAir? It puts you in a situation to get punished really hard. Which after a couple of matches and after people stopped walking in front of the screen(don't even say johns. You know that happened at least half a dozen times.) things went much differently after that. Trust me, what happened there was a 1 time thing that will never happen again. As long as I am actually paying attention in the match you will never pull off what you pulled off.
Best of one then Best of 3 then Best of 5 set. Grand finals? : 3

I stopped landing a bunch of fairs in the very last match lol. and I don't even think I attempted any because I pretty much just got ***** that entire match lol.

Also Peter landed it on you at fishfest and killed you.

you're just mad it's a good move.

edit: and when peach is getting juggled all she can really do is Dair... her AD is awful and nothing else really covers under her.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Best of one then Best of 3 then Best of 5 set. Grand finals? : 3

I stopped landing a bunch of fairs in the very last match lol. and I don't even think I attempted any because I pretty much just got ***** that entire match lol.

Also Peter landed it on you at fishfest and killed you.

you're just mad it's a good move.
Actually it was a set. David asked YOU if it was a set in the first game and you said yes.
Most of the matches with Peter were helping him get warmed up. Also you don't account for all the times that you(or him) try it or have tried it and get punished worse than anything that move can do. If you like I can start accounting for every single time I punish it and it fails miserably. It may be harder. As for you the few times it happens you can remember. Where it doesn't work so often that I lose count of the hundreds of times it cost you damage or a stock. and the many times it cost you matches and sets. Also the 4th match you also stopped landing them. As I pointed out in that match after every punish, you throw it out and its easy to predict once your opponent realizes that you will actually throw out such unsafe moves. Also matches 4 and 5 nobody was walking in front of the screen. If you really want to forget all the times you get ****ed because of that move then I wont interfere with your delusions.

Steam

Smash Hero
now that I think of it I may have asked for the best of 3 half way through game 1... I remember commenting on how lame it was that someone called next when you started using a main... but do not remember asking for a set... but I'll take your word for it.

either way the only one that wasn't close was game 5 so my strategy did okay methinks

and I accounted for all the times I got punished. I was saying that to you yesterday lmao. and I don't just throw moves out. it may seem that way but I'm a child of wifi so I try to make stupidly hard reads. and I succeed lots. Same can be seen with how often you and others end up ADing right into my snake's Fsmash. I mean my MK apparently just throws out moves as well an it's still succesful and lands dem Fsmashes...

also My snake is bad because if you haven't noticed my grenade game is really bad. I can't pressure **** with it XD

also you should upload the matches for me so I have a refresher because they'd desynch on my wii 3:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yey hooray for swinging at the open air~! :D
Don't knock throwing out moves like steam. Sometimes just throwing out a move out of range can bait someone to come in after you and get hit by another move. I do it alot as d3. Works wonders. As long as it's hard to punish then i'm ok with throwing out moves. Also snake F-air is hilarious when it hits. :D Hooray for dumb **** that works! Even if you lose its a moral victory in the end too land that thing.

Bees!

Smash Ace
now that I think of it I may have asked for the best of 3 half way through game 1... I remember commenting on how lame it was that someone called next when you started using a main... but do not remember asking for a set... but I'll take your word for it.

either way the only one that wasn't close was game 5 so my strategy did okay methinks

and I accounted for all the times I got punished. I was saying that to you yesterday lmao. and I don't just throw moves out. it may seem that way but I'm a child of wifi so I try to make stupidly hard reads. and I succeed lots. Same can be seen with how often you and others end up ADing right into my snake's Fsmash. I mean my MK apparently just throws out moves as well an it's still succesful and lands dem Fsmashes...

also My snake is bad because if you haven't noticed my grenade game is really bad. I can't pressure **** with it XD

also you should upload the matches for me so I have a refresher because they'd desynch on my wii 3:
I have never AD into an fmash vs your snake. the 1st one I was recovering with upB and the second one I tried to roll behind you and caught the end of it because I didn't space the roll. You only really punish mistakes with those gimmicks. Also game 4 wasn't that close either. Also you don't throw out fAir at random. You just use it in situations where it should never work. Like chasing Kirby offstage to fAir him. its easy to avoid I just got careless. Again. It will never happen again so long as I am taking the match seriously and paying attention. Its to slow a move and give you all day to punish it when it whiffs. No more of your bull**** talk with faulty syllogisms. It doesn't work consistently and I have presented the facts why. You simply point out late night FRIENDLIES to justify it. Maybe you can justify it with something other than catching someone off-guard in a friendly. Either give a legitimate reason or troll less.

Bees!

Smash Ace
As long as it's hard to punish then i'm ok with throwing out moves. Also snake F-air is hilarious when it hits. :D Hooray for dumb **** that works! Even if you lose its a moral victory in the end too land that thing.
Its a moral victory in a video game? I forgot that video games reward you with points for making subjective moral decisions <_<". If anything the video game has it right when you lose.

You used an incredibly unsafe move that shows a lack of judgement.
Your opponent used better judgement and took advantage of the obvious repercussions of the unsafe move.
In result your lack of judgement was taken advantage of and you lost.

Steam

Smash Hero
I have never AD into an fmash vs your snake. the 1st one I was recovering with upB and the second one I tried to roll behind you and caught the end of it because I didn't space the roll. You only really punish mistakes with those gimmicks. Also game 4 wasn't that close either. Also you don't throw out fAir at random. You just use it in situations where it should never work. Like chasing Kirby offstage to fAir him. its easy to avoid I just got careless. Again. It will never happen again so long as I am taking the match seriously and paying attention. Its to slow a move and give you all day to punish it when it whiffs. No more of your bull**** talk with faulty syllogisms. It doesn't work consistently and I have presented the facts why. You simply point out late night FRIENDLIES to justify it. Maybe you can justify it with something other than catching someone off-guard in a friendly. Either give a legitimate reason or troll less.
your kirby has dodged into my Fsmash quite a few times in the past. even more when I'm MK

and I didn't know like 7pm counts as late night...

you don't give fair enough credit bees. if Fair should never ever work than RoB's Dair should never ever work. but both can if you use them at the right time. A lot of times people will be expecting a bair or Uair from snake and premptively dodge and snake fairs **** to death.

also tons of johns

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
The game doesn't award the points. You're soul does. <3 Feels so good to hit an F-smash, or a F-air or toss a box off the ledge and have it hit~! =w=

Oh man. Bee's its ok man, ya don't have to explain why ya got hit. Snake has some dumb **** that gets you if you're not use to it. It becomes easy to get away from if you're use too it. So a word of advice for steamys snake!

Guess what I have for you steamy? GIMMIIIICKS~! :D

F-air can hit. Alot. I found a gimmick that works pretty consistantly. This games all about baiting right? What I do is train the opponent to dodge snake when he's off the ledge and snakes coming at them in the air by going for B-airs. That thing has range. Once they realize you're going for it, they'll air-dodge and punish accordingly. Now, once they get that mentality, instead of B-airing as you're coming at them, get behind them while there air-dodging the b-air they thing is coming and start up your f-air as you go across them. It's stupid, and you'd probably be better off just setting up a few grenades, mines, and throwing out a few U-smashes while there of the stage but its worth trying once in awhile. Give it a shot. :D

Bees!

Smash Ace
My Kirby has never ad into snake fsmash. MK maybe but they are miles apart in how good they are. MKs is actually a viable move to be used more than just once or twice a set.
Also after playing for hours and hours of friendlies and other non related fun stuffs.(It took the entire weekend setting up for that party for my sister, not to mention getting back home at 3:30 and waking up to 10 a.m. to set up just about until people start showing up for the party. Which is legitimate johns. Sleep johns are not something I normally take advantage of. Just play me friday in some seriouslies and you will see that it wont work again if. Also ROBs dAir has tons more practical use than Snakes fAir.
Stalls recovery
cancels lag with ledge cancelling
creates an odd up and down momentum
Is an excellent mixup on shields and shield pokes when used properly. Also upward momentum makes it pretty safe on shield
Is much easier to sweet spot.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Neither of you are even nearly gay enough to use peach effectively though.

Why would spelt need a ladder? are you calling him short? Not cool, man.

Bees!

Smash Ace
two tries is two more than you should have attempted that.

brb. Screenshot loading to Photobucket.

Bees!

Smash Ace
$3 MM Peach Ditto imo would solve all. In fact. we should use that to solve EVERY dispute

@Steam: Who is right MM Peach ditto. If I win fAir is a decent mixup at best. If you win I will admit that I am wrong and will concede that it is an amazing move.

Also with this put into place Meno will always be right.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I say we just use democracy and vote.

Snake's fair is amazing.

That makes like 5 of us who agree.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Wow just like in america; the inbred hillbilly from Mississippi will get the same one vote as a political science major.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I vote for snake's fair being trash.
and my vote is worth one more than the total amount of votes counted for the other party.

Top Bottom