• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Hey Guys. I'm trying to find active Melee communities within CO as part of the Southwest Melee thread.

So Offa this list...
Semi Active: Community has meleers but not very many or active in state affairs.
Active: Community has meleers, but not the main competitive scene.
Melee Capital: Core of Melee scene in the state. A state may or may not have a Capital if it is even Activity between different cities.
What would you consider the best towns?

Bees!

Smash Ace
I like that game too. Its a lot of fun. It has some of my favorite characters from my favorite video games all in one game.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Meno agrees with me about poop. In that it's delicious. Well, I mean that's what he thinks. I just pretend I like it to humor him. Poor guy :/

Steam

Smash Hero
I am not going to denver tommorrow 3:

gas money johns (srsly my car gets **** mileage) and smashfest 5 minutes from house johns.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Steam, people are making fun of my lack of results in the tier list.
YOUR TIME TO SHINE, BUDDY.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Well poor Spelt. You might actually have to pick up the game and start playing it. That way you can defend your own honor XD.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually i was telling steam to go make fun of me too.

next time theres a tournament which a lot of people are planning on attending, i'll try my best to go.
So i'll see you in like, 4 months. :(

Bees!

Smash Ace
I would host one but I doubt anyone would come. I might be able to get NM as they are only a mere couple hours further away than my Denver peeps. But what can ya do? XD
Seriously though. Once I get up to Denver. I will host a huge fest. Brawl, Melee, MvC3. Will be epic.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Also am considering going to the NM tourney. I am thinking of taking a greyhound. Anyone else down for it?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
oh man.
So hey in the morning can we all just talk about brawl- 2.0?

Forever from this point on? I've got a rant manifesting in my belly about how stupendous it is! This is how brawl should have been!

Bees!

Smash Ace
Its just overrated imo. The only thing I have found any enjoyment in with B- is free for alls. But idk. I like how Brawl makes you work really hard for any progress. Without that its just another over the top fighter. Which will change 3 to 4 times a year to overcome cheap flaws in the game that make Brawl look incredibly balanced. Now this is just my opinion of the game. I enjoy the game still. But the reasons mentioned above are why it will always be second(or third) to vBrawl in my book.

Steam

Smash Hero
Its just overrated imo. The only thing I have found any enjoyment in with B- is free for alls. But idk. I like how Brawl makes you work really hard for any progress. Without that its just another over the top fighter. Which will change 3 to 4 times a year to overcome cheap flaws in the game that make Brawl look incredibly balanced. Now this is just my opinion of the game. I enjoy the game still. But the reasons mentioned above are why it will always be second(or third) to vBrawl in my book.
*Dthrows DK with D3*

*brawl has 100-0 matchups*

*metaknight*

other games don't have nearly as much trouble with balance as brawl. it's only really balanced in mid tiers.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Bees described my feelings pretty well. I used to really like how much brawl makes you work for anything. If you don't have tornado. But even then you feel no satisfaction hitting with it so whatevs.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
In a good fighting game against a good player: If you hit them, you either EARNED it or they made a mistake and you capitalized on it, and therefore you still earned it. The same is true for Brawl.

edit: I was looking at the last post in the thread before DTL posted, and without refreshing the page his post just faded into existence when he posted it. Awesome.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Bees described my feelings pretty well. I used to really like how much brawl makes you work for anything. If you don't have tornado. But even then you feel no satisfaction hitting with it so whatevs.
So much this.

Don't get me wrong, ya gotta think when you play brawl. But its just not fun. You could do so much amazing fun things in minus though! Everythings quick paced, shields arn't incredibly over powered, you can free style you're combo's and overall the characters are just fun ya know?

Especially charizard. Seriously. I played brawl- then went to normal brawl to play as charizard and was incredibly let down. And then I died and it switched pokemon and then I sadfaced even more. It feels like brawl could have been much funner then it is now!

As for balance yea brawls pretty unbalance. but...
I'm sure if brawl-2.0 DID turn competitive though people will find out its imbalanced. Still amazingly fun.

Bees!

Smash Ace
*Dthrows DK with D3*
*Jigglypuff uAir chains>Rest*
*brawl has 100-0 matchups*
*Brawl- has 0-100 combos and you don't even have to be that smart to execute them. You could get lucky with one read*:/

*metaknight*
*Ness and Pit* Even though they fixed Pit. They broke him beyond competition to begin with. Stalling at the top of the stage ftl

other games don't have nearly as much trouble with balance as brawl. it's only really balanced in mid tiers. All of the Frankenstein versions of Brawl obviously have problems with balance otherwise there would be no v2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ect. It just gets boring to me after a while. Albeit Brawl- is flashy and fast pace. But it lacks substance imo.
Also if MK were banned imo the game would have a ton of balance. As many midtier characters could do well if not for the fact that MK sort of invalidates them.
response in blue for comparison.

Also again in "real" fighting games. Your opponent makes a mistake and you get their balls as a trophy. That is worn out for me. As at some point I might as well put down the controller and go take a piss if I ****ed up. I find that more frustrating than fun. I still enjoy those games but get frustrated easier than with Brawl.
Also I like the shield mechanics in Brawl. You have to read people harder as they could just dash in and shield. grabbing them or walking away to throw off their spacing and foil their oos options are 2 ways you can deal with some of the defensive tactics in that game.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
edit: I was looking at the last post in the thread before DTL posted, and without refreshing the page his post just faded into existence when he posted it. Awesome.
That's what is called AJAX: Asynchronous JavaScript and XML. It updates parts of any page without reloading the whole thing. It's better than reloading the current page because it uses less bandwidth (not that smashboards uses a lot).

But what happens is this: An event occurs, so it makes an object called an XMLHttpRequest and sends it. The server gets the information, responds, and sends data back. The browser will process the data using JavaScript and then immediately update once everything checks out (xmlhttp.onreadystatechange() fires and xml.status=200).

So in this case someone makes a post, server gets it, server sees who's viewing the pages, server sends info to those viewing, those viewing get an update.

Fun Fact: While most codes are error (i.e. code 404), code 200 is not an error code at all! It's the only code that is good. 200 means that everything is OK!

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
That's what is called AJAX: Asynchronous JavaScript and XML. It updates parts of any page without reloading the whole thing. It's better than reloading the current page because it uses less bandwidth (not that smashboards uses a lot).

But what happens is this: An event occurs, so it makes an object called an XMLHttpRequest and sends it. The server gets the information, responds, and sends data back. The browser will process the data using JavaScript and then immediately update once everything checks out (xmlhttp.onreadystatechange() fires and xml.status=200).

So in this case someone makes a post, server gets it, server sees who's viewing the pages, server sends info to those viewing, those viewing get an update.

Fun Fact: While most codes are error (i.e. code 404), code 200 is not an error code at all! It's the only code that is good. 200 means that everything is OK!
The worst part is that I know that entire explanation was simplified so that I would get it.

Top Bottom