• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm with this 100%. Playing with someone who doesn't try to improve is no fun to me. How am I supposed to get better if my opponent is the same every time I play them?
To be clear, no one said anything about not playing well/to improve/to win as a good thing. I hate when people sandbag. Maybe Lucario should @ low %s, but that's it.

It's like entering, say... an art competition. You should start by wanting to do it, work your way the best you can, and try to win. But if it's not fun and challenging you won't do your best and be less likely to win.

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucario shouldn't sandbag at low%. even though he gets stronger you're going to get that damage evenutally since no one has a damage specific 0-death against him. But if you're going to do anything different, it's usually best to use those %s to condition your opponent or just pay extra attention to what they do in certain situations and not actually try to play your normal game and just pick and prod at them with certain options. that way when you're at high%s you're going to be able to get those key reads easier.

I actually should probably try roll spamming at the beginning of a match to see who can deal with it/ condition them for it. There used to be so many people who were always expecting roll spam from lucario but now I think that's going away >.>

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So you fake to be a roll-cario, so they think you're gonna roll?

Thats actually kinda clever. C: I just camp when im at low percent as luca. Then again im the worst lucario ever. :3

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Anyone here played Heavy Rain? If so, what was your opinion on it?

I have a friend who's thinking about getting it, but he wanted to know if it was any good, first.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Anyone here played Heavy Rain? If so, what was your opinion on it?

I have a friend who's thinking about getting it, but he wanted to know if it was any good, first.
Oooh my sis played that game before.

Its like, watching a movie, with multiple outcomes that you control. Sounds odd, I know, but it's definitely interesting enough to get.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Thank you Yang. Between you and Tim's knowledge my last two games have gone extremely well.

My first game had leavers on the enemy team, so I figured that having a 31/3/13 was just because of that.

Then when my second game was a 19/2/12 with a leaver on MY team, I knew that the collective knowledge I had learned has helped me a LOT.

Of course, that could have also been a hoax. So we'll see how future games go. But now I know how to more properly harass with her and what to buy and what not. So I'm at least a little bit better, for sure.

Steam

Smash Hero
I have been keeping a secret all along. Lucario is only my secret main. Jiggz is my true main. get at me.

also I'm probably going to main El Fuerte in SF. and second guile because he's good and covers matchups.

Steam

Smash Hero
TOASTA CRUSH

But no really, Steam, el fuerte is ****ing awesome. :3
It sounds like he says crunch. yay cereal. and fajita buster sounds like "proceed to falter" yay accents

and yeah half the reason I chose fuerte is so not every match I play is a camp/turtlefest.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It has more timeouts than brawl whaaaaat.

even more if zajice played it.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yea, its hard to understand what hes saying sometimes. I swear one of his attacks sounds like hes saying "This prestigious folkart" .__.

I play as him despite how much I suck as him. Im a sucker for horrible spanish accents I guess.

Oh and if ya ever wanna play me, I main T-hawk. Its been awhile since i've played but im pretty damn good.....naaah jk, I just turtle and grab spam.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
oky I'm convineced.

My Mf isn't godawful anymore. Nor am I godawful with her.

I just disrespected a team. I'm tired, a little drunk, and just got back from the club! And I was not reacting good at ALL.

I even duked it out, like gentlemen, with Ashe in mid lololololololollolololololool.ol.,o[jkln.

an dwon so yeaaaaahhh

gg me, gg my frineds who help me not be scrub status

and goodnight Color smashed scene!

Roblin

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

This is Moblin and Roblin posting on Roblin's account. We have an announcement to make!

On Feb. 20th, Roblin's band will be playing in a Battle of the Bands competition at the Gothic theatre and it would be awesome if everyone would come support her and enjoy the music (and her band is really good). It's on a Sunday, but there's no school/work because of the 3 day weekend on Monday so no one should have a work/school excuse for not coming! Now here's the kicker:

Moblin and I have talked with Tim and Tony and they've agreed to host a smashfest on the same day of the show. People will show up at their house in Denver at around 11am (or whenever), play games all day, and then carpool over to the gothic to watch Roblin's band.

2 things to know: The time of the show depends on how many tickets the band sells. Roblin's band is hoping to play around 7:30 or 8 that night, but they need to sell tickets. They've sold a lot of tickets so far, and they're close to selling 100 tickets before the week of Feb. 20th. If bands sell 100 tickets or more, they win 5 hours in a recording studio and basically any time slot they want.

The tickets are 15$ if you'd like to come to the show. If you know in advance that you're coming, PM Moblin or Roblin and we will meet up with you so you can get a ticket. Moblin can and will drive down to CO Springs if necessary.

We can also sell tickets at the smashfest that day, but unfortuntely it won't be of any benefit to the band at that point because they count ticket sales prior to the show date.

If you just wanna come play games and go home when we go carpool, that's fine.
If you want to come watch the show you won't regret it!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
D:

I'll be at Pound that weekend.

Dammit, I'm going to throw chairs if I miss this like the Stargasms.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
On Feb. 20th, Roblin's band will be playing in a Battle of the Bands competition at the Gothic theatre and it would be awesome if everyone would come support her and enjoy the music (and her band is really good). It's on a Sunday, but there's no school/work because of the 3 day weekend on Monday so no one should have a work/school excuse for not coming! Now here's the kicker:
I have no idea what you're talking about, but I have work and classes on Monday.

That's awesome to hear about Roblin though! Wish I could come and support, but legit morning class johns are legit.

Although I can pay for a ticket to support you all.
And no, no one's getting in for free/not paying. Pay and support their band.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
I have a couple of friends in that battle of the bands thingy, but if I can go, I'll definitely buy a ticket for your band Roblin. :D

I'll let you know sometime in the next two weeks if I'll be buying a ticket from you, so we have time to meet up.

Sounds like fun. :D

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! Tickets are the biggest thing we need right now, next to friends just coming and having a blast, that is. And damn, I guess it's not a 3-day weekend for all of us... It should end before 9 tho, so if even you have something the next day you should try to make it. It's cool if you can't though Dan.

I have a couple of friends in that battle of the bands thingy, but if I can go, I'll definitely buy a ticket for your band Roblin. :D

I'll let you know sometime in the next two weeks if I'll be buying a ticket from you, so we have time to meet up.

Sounds like fun. :D

I had a hunch you'd know about this already. I remember you asking for support for your band a while ago :D Your guys' recordings sounded sweet btw.

And yeah, anyone who wants to buy a ticket just let us know and we'll get on it.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Let me know when/if you can meet up and get a ticket.

It would be really great to have a smashfest before the 16th so I could get everyone at once...

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Let me know when/if you can meet up and get a ticket.

It would be really great to have a smashfest before the 16th so I could get everyone at once...
I'll be up in Denver sometime before the 18th or so. Gotta make a run to Cherry Creek, and DU. I'll let you know.

Also, get on AIM more!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
DVD - LG DVD±RW SuperMulti Drive Black SATA Model GH22NS50B - OEM

Case - Phantom case

HDD - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Video Card - XFX HD-695X-ZNFC Radeon HD 6950 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Power Supply - OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ600MXSP 600W ATX12V V2.2

RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

Mobo - MSI P67A-GD65 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard (180 - 20 mail in rebate)

Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX (165)

or

i-2500k (prolly gonna get the AMD because it's much cheaper and seems to be about the same performance)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
lol right? I dunno who made up that phrase, but I love it.

Also I have no idea if I have school that Monday, but even if I do I could probably make it.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
uhm.. never get amd, they are bad. also how did you afford this lol

and to expand on what i mean. -

i have haerd of many horror storries of amd being dead out of the box, after a week, or them just not performing as well as theyre suposed to. i have many people who can vouch for amds ****ty quality in more detail if u wish.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Lmao, the legendary top tier trio is back.

Well, as far as i've seen magneto and storm arn't as broken as they were in the old game. Phoenix however.....

and yea, i've got school on monday, so I can't come to the battle of the bands thing. ;~;

But its all good, Ya'll don't know me anyways so nothing of importance was lost~! :3

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Top Bottom