• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Hey steam, how do I unlock Ryu in brawl?

EDIT: Street fighter for 3DS, blazblue for 3DS. Nintendos getting into the fighting game spirit. Could this be possible foreshadowing of a certain nintendo x capcom fighting game? HMMMMMMMMMM?!

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Tim too good

Also I finished perfecting Marth. I'll PM MikaHaze videos from the next smashfest so he can try to get on my level.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Also, I once heard Marth Rob is the most even MU in this game.
Whoever told you that is obviously a scrub. ROB beats Marth 60:40 imo

It's actually bigger. It just got cut off cause it's my signature.

HERE YA GO
un-ta un-ta un-ta un-ta un-ta

All the characters are once you buy the game.
Not Metaknight. You have to pay some self-respect to get him :awesome:

If you ask a ROB they will say this, but some marths will say they have been having trouble w/ ROB in tournies. I think its slightly in ROB's favor.
This is pretty true. Stingers has been consistently beating Kadaj iirc and Chibo even beat Mikehaze in a tourney too.

Also I finished perfecting Marth. I'll PM MikaHaze videos from the next smashfest so he can try to get on my level.
You do that. People are going to be saying Mikewho? Mr.Who?

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
Back in 08 people thought ROB vs marth was the most even matchup in the game (besides dittos). But they also thought G&W was ROB's worse matchup lol

Bees!

Smash Ace
I think Zajice post was supposed to be an attempt at mocking supposed stagnation of Brawl's metagame. I could be wrong though.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I wish I could have a snow day. I have worked the last 6 days in a row without a day off. all 9-11 hour shifts and still have tomorrow to go before I am off. 7 day sprint no fun. All of my life has been sucked out of me...

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think Zajice post was supposed to be an attempt at mocking supposed stagnation of Brawl's metagame. I could be wrong though.
he was probably mocking the people who still think snake is #3

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I still find rob horribly hard to deal with. only because of his downsmash. >w>

Also no snowday for me. Being homeschooled sucks sometimes. This was the absolute coldest experience ever for me though. ;~; Im from arizona man, are winters are 60 degrees not in the negative zone. ;;;~;;;

Bees!

Smash Ace
ROBs dsmash is easy to punish and predict. spotdodge dsmash is now a terrible strategy. Opponents can easily bait it and punish it.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Im an idiot though and fall for it.
Alot.

;~;

The simplest of tactics work on me sadly. I really don't have much experience fighting other competitive players. I know of most tactics but never faced them in practice ya know? All theory no experience.

Anyone else have that problem? Not just with rob, but with simple tactics and baiting in general.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Also Rob's Dsmash hasn't changed. It's still super hard to punish even if it's punishable and spotdodge Dsmash still beats attempted grabs and loads of other stuff.

And when he isn't being juggled like a ***** or offstage, Snake is the most fun character.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Is splatfest this saturday? Some weird guy told me it was.

If I ever got back into playing Brawl again, I would main Ike and second Ganon.

Yeah Tony I'll be on in a sec

Bees!

Smash Ace
Also Rob's Dsmash hasn't changed. It's still super hard to punish even if it's punishable and spotdodge Dsmash still beats attempted grabs and loads of other stuff.
Tis true but all your opponent needs to do is see it coming and hold up pretty muh and it will pop them out everytime. dsmash is good still. People know how to SDI better now. So its not as godly. Especially at higher levels of play.

Also Dylan. It was a joke. I don't think anyone here got offended by it. With all of the times you have joked that I was racist I figured you could probably take it. :|

Roblin

Smash Rookie
Hey so I just wanted to say thanks to cloudchaser, dtl and whoever else is gonna go to the smashfest/concert on the 20th! :) Also splatfest is this weekend? When did that happen?

Bees!

Smash Ace
I will try to make it Roblin. My schedule for work that week hasn't come out. I hope I am off so I can go.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
i thought if you SDI ROB's downsmash ROB has enough time to punish. I'm not sure if its still true if they tech after SDI. I never punish the SDI because people still almost never get out of it, and I am never expecting it.

Bee's is racist against furries and Dylan is racist against pink.

Steam

Smash Hero
ROBs dsmash is easy to punish and predict. spotdodge dsmash is now a terrible strategy. Opponents can easily bait it and punish it.
Yawp : D

snake's fair da bess

well I wouldn't go that far... but Dsmash is really punishable lol

Top Bottom