• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
No one wants to post after Jamaal's epic RPS smack talk.

I got the job btw, but I have to go in for 6 hour training on Roblin's Birthday. :(

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Last I heard, birthdays are 24 hours.

BEES

What is your Pueblo address. I'm remembering I haven't added that to the Smash Map.

RedLegion

Smash Rookie
What's up guys? Meno said I should come post in the CO thread so here I am. Just starting to get into Brawl and learn competitive. Some crazy stuff compared to playing S64 when I was a kid though lol.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Hiya!

Welcome to the scene. Can't type much since I'm at work right now, but welcome!

Also, think about Zournament 2, the house tournament that'll be happening on Saturday, January 8th. It'll be a great way to meet many (if not all) of the CO Smashers.

RedLegion

Smash Rookie
I'll definetly go if I can find my way there lol. I have a hard time finding my way through Denver and going down south. I can in no way compete with any of the CO smashers but it'll be fun just to tag along and see what I'm in for.

Underload

Lazy
If you want to carpool, I think the plan is for a bunch of us to go down in one or two cars from Timotee's house. Meno can get you a map of all of our houses, so you can find Tim's place and stuff. Welcome!

RedLegion

Smash Rookie
In that case, yeah, Hudson's on the way if you go down 76, I'd be down to go. Gotta keep practicing though lol, I have literally zero experience with other people.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Updated some of Zournament 2 info, including rule sets, main events, and tentative schedule.

Also Tony, wanted you opinion on rulesets for Melee.

RedLegion

Smash Rookie
Nice to meet you guys. I didn't expect the community here to be so welcoming, I won't lie lol

I think I already know the answer, but, I'd like to find a guide on how to get controls down, like, I'm having a hard time with performing tilts, and getting combos down. Are there guides here on how to do that? I found a couple Peach guides but they didn't really have what I was looking for.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Another peach player? ugggghhhhhh.

But yeah, I think there are some older guides around in the tactical or even melee forums that can help you out with tilts and the like. The main thing is to just mess around and practice until you feel comfortable doing it on your own terms. Like look at Meno, he found a terrible control scheme that is severely limiting, but it works for him so he uses it! And even wins sometimes!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Welcome RedLegion.
I almost never make it to smash gatherings :urg: but I might see you once in a while. You found the right thread for CO smash and gaming so make yourself at home:).

PS
Sometimes we have troll wars but all in good fun.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Nice to meet you guys. I didn't expect the community here to be so welcoming, I won't lie lol

I think I already know the answer, but, I'd like to find a guide on how to get controls down, like, I'm having a hard time with performing tilts, and getting combos down. Are there guides here on how to do that? I found a couple Peach guides but they didn't really have what I was looking for.
Just wondrin', have you settled on Peach or are you still open to try out other characters? Peach is definitely one of the hardest to learn and even when you devote a lot of time to her, she isn't very good. If you go to zournament, I'd be happy to show you how a few other characters work like Meta Knight and Marth.

tekkie

Smash Master
Agreed on the females. There should be many of them.

Wait, I've got.

Dan, Zournament should be 18+. Let's turn it into the craziest party Colorado Springs has even seen!
They'll be EVERYTHING. A keg, shots, weed, maybe harder drugs but I'd rather not. It could make NM come! Also the tournaments would be canceled.

RedLegion

Smash Rookie
Just wondrin', have you settled on Peach or are you still open to try out other characters? Peach is definitely one of the hardest to learn and even when you devote a lot of time to her, she isn't very good. If you go to zournament, I'd be happy to show you how a few other characters work like Meta Knight and Marth.
I haven't settled on Peach. I just picked her up 'cause I dig her and she was the most comfortable for me to play. Like I said to.. someone, can't remember. If I can learn another character and be better at them, I'd totally be down to play them instead. I want to try to avoid MK though, if at all possible.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Done. Makes me sad that you're losing, and the girl is winning. Also sad at the comments that call all others fakes.

In other news, updated Zournament 2 with more info, and a Billiards side event since the pool table never gets used. No, we can't use it as an additional table.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Last I heard, birthdays are 24 hours.

BEES

What is your Pueblo address. I'm remembering I haven't added that to the Smash Map.
You should do like an adventure map. I am on the island in the sky that is unobtainable to everyone else XD
581 S Laporte Dr Pueblo West, CO 81007
What's up guys? Meno said I should come post in the CO thread so here I am. Just starting to get into Brawl and learn competitive. Some crazy stuff compared to playing S64 when I was a kid though lol.
Greetings! Its great to see new players! I am the part of Colorado that keeps the lower states from coming up and invading Colorado! Nice to meet you! :)

I bet you can beat meno.
trollololololololololololol
probably
Updated some of Zournament 2 info, including rule sets, main events, and tentative schedule.

Also Tony, wanted you opinion on rulesets for Melee.
wtf?! Why is 75m a legal CP?
Another peach player? ugggghhhhhh.

But yeah, I think there are some older guides around in the tactical or even melee forums that can help you out with tilts and the like. The main thing is to just mess around and practice until you feel comfortable doing it on your own terms. Like look at Meno, he found a terrible control scheme that is severely limiting, but it works for him so he uses it! And even wins sometimes!
Listen to this man. He is as wise as he is brilliant at pretty much all fighting games

!

You guys should vote for me for the Pimp My Rig thing

http://wanfest.newegg.com/?page=topic&id=145059

Submission #9

It'd help out a lot, thanks!
Maybe. I might vote for someone I don't know and don't care about over a fellow Colorado smasher who is awesome! ;)

Bees!

Smash Ace
Also I know Dave be lurkin!

Dave I sent you a message on AiB! if you don't respond to it by Zournament I am changing my relationship status on facebook to married to Dave Hurr(no namesearch stalkers) and I will include photoshopped pictures of our special day.

Steam

Smash Hero
I have been to bees's island in the sky, and the final boss of colorado is probably deep underground there.

@redlegion- I can teach you how to play Lucario : 3

RedLegion

Smash Rookie
I appreciate the offer, Steam. I might hit you up. The only other characters I have slight interest in actually learning are Wolf, Snake, and most of all ZSS. Snake feels a little too slow and clunky for my tastes, and ZSS is speedy, which is a nice change.

Wolf's kinda in the middle.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
If anyone's still interested, I can probably still borrow my uncle's 8-seat Suburban for another carpool from Tim's.

I promise punctuality! :bee:

Wolf's kinda in the middle.
I fully support Peach! But a Wolf player would be really cool. He's pretty decent IMO, as long as you don't bring him out against Dedede or something.

Roblin

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone! Hope you guys all had a good christmas! So I need to work on bb and if anyone wants to play with me tonight, I would appreciate the help. Just be aware that you are playing a noob.

Also, does DTL sitll want to sell me his fight stick?

Steam

Smash Hero
I'd recomend wolf over ZSS, Wolf's a lot more straightforward and easier. Plus his matchups are very solid against most of the cast.

Plus I can teach you wolf stuff since I used to use him offline. (though I pocket wolf on wifi because he's broken online )

Top Bottom