• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Rizen

Smash Legend
"can I turn into a power ranger from licking a power socket?"
people are dumb.
@sunny IIRC some characters can but they have like a handful of frames to hit MK and whatever they do has to outspace MKs uair. You also can steal his ledge I think but... then what?
Bombs, boomerang, arrows. Can Wolf shine or Marth counter planking?

Steam

Smash Hero
the only way to beat planking is to plank on the opposite ledge and go over the ledge grab limit. That way when the game ends with him in the lead it results in a double negative with respect to losing conditions. so you win.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I say no LGL.

or are you all scared of getting timed out by my jigglypuff? :mad:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um ... so does MK.
planking without the lead isn't exactly threatening with any character since the opponent can just sit on the opposite side of the stage safe from damage and wait for them to time themselves out.

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
So much randomness around here. I miss it. Well guys, Happy New Year to you all; may we began a new life or may this be a start of an improvment of our lives, let's continue to be joyful and welcoming to those around us.

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
So wait, are we actually going to be holding tournaments again? Also, will any of them be melee? I heard of practicing combos and 4 stock matches so I'm going to assume yes on that. Anyway, if there will be smash of any sort I'd be glad to get to play some and see you all again. I'd love the info if we've got anything set. Thanks all.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Was cleaning out my laptop to set it up as a Minecraft server.

Found some supercon pics, but there's like... 8.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
So wait, are we actually going to be holding tournaments again? Also, will any of them be melee? I heard of practicing combos and 4 stock matches so I'm going to assume yes on that. Anyway, if there will be smash of any sort I'd be glad to get to play some and see you all again. I'd love the info if we've got anything set. Thanks all.
Check out Zournament.

Also, yay! I get to increase the ticks on all 3 of my counters!

EDIT: Ninja'd by Jo....

Also, it's just random pictures. No group shots or anything. Although there's many pictures on there of new born puppies.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
So this is what I'm thinking of:

• 4 stock
  • 8 minute timer
  • The Tournament Director is the arbiter of all disputes
  • Regular sets are best of 3 matches
  • Semifinals, Finals, and Grand Finals are best of 5 matches

Will finish list when I get home.
I meant the stage list, but good so far. The TD part worries me, but whatevs. Don't make semis best of 5, though. Trust me, massive waste.

Top Bottom