• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I had a job I hated a few times. And a few times they were in places I hated!

The secret is to begin daydreaming so much that you cannot tell you're at the terrible job anymore. But yeah, it's a sucky situation.

Also Dan, if you didn't mean for the money owing to relate to your comment, you have the absolute worst sense of timing in the world.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Thanks Dylan I really appreciate it.

Tim: Will try this out. It seems to be a good way of dealing with my situation atm. Will be easier too when I get put back on night schedule and don't have to get up at 4:30 in the morning to prepare for a day of arguing with customers about why they should pay their bills on time and why their legal contracts with DirecTV matter. Also when people call to cancel accounts of their loved ones who have recently passed away I have to try and change their minds about it or I will get written up.

But I think Tim's advice will help me out here. Will start working on it in fact.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I hate my job, I hate the town my lease is forcing me to live in, I hate my house, and I hate when a slight promise to change one of those for the better is denied to me just when I start hating my job the most.
I need to get out of working for Convergys before they take my soul.
>< I hope the best for you out there. Why do you hate your house, what's going on with it? :o And what's going on with your job? Wow, that's terrible. Oh wow. x_x I can't believe they make you do that. Just put it out of your mind, think about positive things like you being able to have an income and your friends and what keeps you happy. As for the town, just try to stay inside as much as possible and indulge in the hobbies you have, or maybe surf around the internet and look at other hobbies that you could spend time with? Wish I could do more for you. ><

When is AH3 coming out? Assuming it's not as broken as AH1, and that the port is better than AH2's, I'd be down to play me some loli fighter. Jello 360s to Roman's face ALL day!

MvC3 is what I'm looking forward to, assuming CS2 is boring.
AH3 is coming out in Japan on Jan. 13. Can't wait till some of them post up vids ;o

MvC3 is probably definitely the first non Wii game I've ever actually looked forward to. AH3 took second recently. It makes me wish I had a 360/PS3 :/

Bees!

Smash Ace
>< I hope the best for you out there. Why do you hate your house, what's going on with it? :o And what's going on with your job? As for the town, just try to stay inside as much as possible and indulge in the hobbies you have, or maybe surf around the internet and look at other hobbies that you could spend time with? Wish I could do more for you. ><
My house is okay. But its in the middle of nowhere. I only see my friends if I make the trip. But because of the distance the trip is seldom made.
I am trying. Recently my computer got hit by a really bad virus and I had to have it wiped so I was without it for a few days. Generally my computer gets me through so much.
also thanks your words of kindness are more than you know.
I guess I just need to redefine what I am trying to do, what I need to do. What I enjoy doing, what I am trying to enjoy doing(new hobbies and such) and generally what gets me through the day.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Being positive helps. Being stubborn as well helps the most.

I'm confident you'll get through these times. Though, I've found you never have less problems; you just replace the old ones.

Just have to be prepared to handle the new ones. :D

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
My house is okay. But its in the middle of nowhere. I only see my friends if I make the trip. But because of the distance the trip is seldom made.
I am trying. Recently my computer got hit by a really bad virus and I had to have it wiped so I was without it for a few days. Generally my computer gets me through so much.
also thanks your words of kindness are more than you know.
I guess I just need to redefine what I am trying to do, what I need to do. What I enjoy doing, what I am trying to enjoy doing(new hobbies and such) and generally what gets me through the day.
I see then. >< Maybe you could aim/chat with them more, if you don't already?
And I see :/ To avoid getting viruses in the future, switch to Firefox and get Adblock Plus and NoScript, then download Spybot, AdAware, Malwarebytes, and CCleaner. You shouldn't have a problem with viruses ever again.
No problem. I don't like seeing anyone down and I will do what I can to help you, even if I can't be over there.
Yeah. Try thinking deeply about what makes you happy, what subjects or topics, and try a Google or Wiki search on them and see where it leads you. You never know what you'll find.

Steam

Smash Hero
They really shouldn't, unless you're Steam.

My BB game is messed up from playing so many casual people on Friday's at my club x.x The only person I can play against here in the Springs is either Spencer (sometimes) and Steam, but he runs into all my 360B's. GG

Also, thank goodness for finishing my hardest final first.
Hey... I'm getting better : (

I get 360'd a lot less than before.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Jo-Baby! :( Feel free to rant @ me on FB or something. Posts here don't always go by as smoothly as one would hope, especially when there's a level of emotion involved that isn't love for Colorado.

I know how much work sucks man. I'm tired of getting boned over at my job. Still though, make good with some of higher caliber of yourself if you can. That's extremely good ammo to have if you're able to stick out to people, then you have references of good quality, and it helps you get out of your job faster and into a different one.

If you start having health issues because of stress and from work (as Tranz said earlier), get out of there fast. Hit that job search hard cause your health shouldn't be compromised. Hopefully, you'll stay alright.

Also, ask Tim about computer saving-ness. It's kind of his job. But Sapphire hit it pretty on spot.

Also Dan, if you didn't mean for the money owing to relate to your comment, you have the absolute worst sense of timing in the world.
I agree with Tim. And honestly, I don't think there's much of a way around your timing being more than money-wanting/needing. If you need $65 dollars THAT badly, get at us.

I can play Tony :o I'll text you here in a minute

Steam

Smash Hero
Shiz will get bettar jo and stuffs. Though I do agree pueblo was nearly as depressing as winter in South Germany... just like... ugh... Pueblo sucks. Though at least it doesn't feel like a World War 2 movie with 7 hours of daylight. : D

: (

But yeah, get an arrogant, ****ish attitude and courage wolf your way though your problems : D

or something : (

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
But Sapphire hit it pretty on spot.
Yeah. I speak from experience, if you have a general computer question and Tim's busy you can just ask me. If I don't know it, I can ask someone else I know who knows more than I do.

If you need help setting up any of that software, just ask. And make sure you read everything before you click next in the setups, don't let it change your home page cause you zoned out and didn't read something! :o Also make sure you update them regularly, so they stay updated and you stay protected. That way you won't have any of the major file-deleting viruses, though if a virus is too new and undetected yet you might get one. Generally the newer ones go undetected and only spy, and those can be removed with the next update. Meaning your files are all safe.

I highly recommend getting an external hard drive and backing up all of your important files there. This will ensure you never lose your data- just always be on the watch for any signs that your external may be defective, dying, or in some way not working right- so you can get a new one asap before it dies or breaks. And if you're prone to dropping things, get a case for it with a wrist strap.

I think that about covers everything. o:

Bees!

Smash Ace
I see then. >< Maybe you could aim/chat with them more, if you don't already?
And I see :/ To avoid getting viruses in the future, switch to Firefox and get Adblock Plus and NoScript, then download Spybot, AdAware, Malwarebytes, and CCleaner. You shouldn't have a problem with viruses ever again.
I have Firefox, Spybot and Malwarebytes. A couple of others too

It was a phony antivirus virus. It locked down everything on my computer and said the only way to fix it is to buy some random antivirus. which didn't seem legit at all.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Well, make sure to get Adblock Plus and NoScript for FF. Those are your two main defenses, imo even better than antivirus/spyware/malware software because it helps prevent things from getting to your computer in the first place.

Also, get an external and yeah. :o Details in my last post XP

Bees!

Smash Ace
Well, make sure to get Adblock Plus and NoScript for FF. Those are your two main defenses, imo even better than antivirus/spyware/malware software because it helps prevent things from getting to your computer in the first place.

Also, get an external and yeah. :o Details in my last post XP
Okay
I am planning on getting a terabyte external. (I have loads of music and movies and most importantly the hardcopies of all my original composition for my music. If I lost that it would be devastating.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Alright then, good choice. :o I'd recommend getting a Western Digital, but even though I've never had problems with them, I've heard others had, so ask around. WDigital still seems the best to me though, I've heard problems way more often from the other brands.

Signs your external might be going down: clicking noises, trouble connecting, overheating, inability to access data, or inability to access the drive itself.

If you have trouble connecting or inability accessing things, it might be the cord malfunctioning so I'd contact their support website before you run out and buy a new one. If it's clicking or overheating, it's definitely the drive and you should replace it asap.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'd be elitist about what you need/don't need to stay safe, but I'm lazy.

Do you remember the name of the fake antivirus jo? Also, text me next time and I'll fix it without formatting =P

Bees!

Smash Ace
I'd be elitist about what you need/don't need to stay safe, but I'm lazy.

Do you remember the name of the fake antivirus jo? Also, text me next time and I'll fix it without formatting =P
K I will do that next time. Also the name of the malware was Antivirus action. It pretty much took over my computer. Any spyware, antivirus or malware program would get a fake windows alert that it has been infected. Even my internet browsers would all say that they have been infected and the only option was to go to the website to buy the antivirus program. It would only go there. And it kept bringing up popup alerts and seemingly legit windows alert about things being infected. clicking on them would bring up the website for the malware scam

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yooowch, I had virus like that before Bees. It was unbelievably annoying. .___. Wouldn't let me go anywear. It would just keep dragging me to some anti-virus page. Its fixed now right? '3'

Bees!

Smash Ace
Yooowch, I had virus like that before Bees. It was unbelievably annoying. .___. Wouldn't let me go anywear. It would just keep dragging me to some anti-virus page. Its fixed now right? '3'
If by fixed you mean that I wiped my computer and started from scratch then yes.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Well I guess that counts as fixed. I ended up having to do the same thing, but this was a totally diffrent virus that wouldn't even let me get on. It like, absolutely wrecked my computer. .___.

Be safe out there bees. The internet is a dangerous place! :V

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
persononthatpage said:
Neat stuff. I am mostly commenting on this to tell you I saw a baby in wal-mart that looked like you. It was strange. Not as strange as the fact that the baby had a peach-fuzz mustache, but still confusing at first.
That sounded Dylan-y.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
W-woooooow what the heeeell~!
Meno's I didn't expect it to be that good. xD I gotta admit alot of that looks pro~! C: Meno's is a talented blooper~! <3

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Reading comments about my stuff always makes me

Thanks guys!

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to go to sleep, because then it'll be tomorrow, and I'll have to take the finals that I didn't study for.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
i don't want to go to sleep, because then it'll be tomorrow, and i'll have to take the finals that i didn't study for.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^