• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I don't think I'm fun to play in BB, lol. Everyone leaves when I start doing some matches on a setup. Therefore I didn't get to play Jamaal or Tim very much. I did play Deets a lot though, so that was cool. Tim played me for a little bit, but not as much as I wanted.

A message to the BB pros in CO: You owe it to me, zaj, and all the other BB scrubs to **** me in BB so we can get better.
Well maybe you don't.

I'm really sorry you were so stressed out at zournament Dan. But to be fair I thought it was totally badass when you crushed that soda can against your forehead.
I liek playing you in BB.

But you hate playing meeeeeeeee. :( :( :(

Imma be on dat BB today, if people are interested. First, though, I must do applications for work and such.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I liek playing you in BB.

But you hate playing meeeeeeeee. :( :( :(

Imma be on dat BB today, if people are interested. First, though, I must do applications for work and such.
Yayayayay

/10yays

Sorry Moblin :( My mind was in 10 different places to watch different people play. If you get me in a room, online or off, with no distractions you know I'll play for a while. I enjoy playing ya!

Maybe after school I might available to play. I gotta play my next match in the Dustloop 3v3 anyway, so I gotta try to get on for that anyway.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Oh well I liek playing Tony. I just forgot to mention you, idk why >.> Prolly cuz I play you so frickin' much.

I'll try to get on BB today/later. If not, offline is fine as long as there's a smashfest once in a while.

Also Jamaal's new sig is aweeesome. I watched Scott Pilgrim for the second time a couple nights ago and it was still the best ever.

Bees!

Smash Ace
If anything keep ROB for ICs.(ROB is good at that MU)'

Also lol Tim. You don't play Ness anymore. :D

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
http://www.facebook.com/KDEvents
If you haven't already i'm reposting the link so you guys can vote for brawl. TOURNY ON MOVIE THEATER SCRENES.

I don't think i'll drop ROB I still like playing two chars. My ROB was definitely off at splat too, the way okami (in friendly) and meno destroyed him when we played was horrible. Me thinks its being too aggressive comboed w/ too much wifi. Also i still like the ROB vs mk matchup more. I must play your mk offline dtl maybe you can change my mind lol.

Splat kinda reminded of 09 tournies. There were a lot of snakes but the only mk ended up winning. Where you at Flux!?!??!

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I just got home. I'm gonna skim the sparknotes for this test on this book next period. Then I'll be on XBL

Boooo jamaal!

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
I need a teammate for Zournament. Who wants to team with me?
*raises hand*

Zournament would be a great place to try out our dubs skills.

I just need to find a way to get to the Springs when it happens.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Alrighty. Now that SPLAT is off my mind (for now), and I'm slacking in CS class, what time frame would Zournament be the best for?

Choose 1:
Before Christmas?
After Christmas/Before New Years?
After Near Years?

And then:
Weekday?
Weekend?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Jorge's Marth beats me when I don't pull things.

http://www.facebook.com/KDEvents
If you haven't already i'm reposting the link so you guys can vote for brawl. TOURNY ON MOVIE THEATER SCRENES.
Everyone, regardless of whether or not you play Brawl, should vote!!!

Alrighty. Now that SPLAT is off my mind (for now), and I'm slacking in CS class, what time frame would Zournament be the best for?

Choose 1:
Before Christmas?
After Near Years?

And then:
Weekday?
Weekend?
Isn't Reflex visiting soon? And I know Peachkid is visiting again. If we can, we should arrange so they can be there. Hopefully they name search.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
I thought Splat was fun!

Shin had fun playing Roblin and Bees sis in brawl. She enjoyed being with everyone and just experiencing her first gaming event! She wanted to thank Mike and Tony for the Batteries. And Dan for the food and hospitality.

Also... guys, give Dan a break. We are all human, we get upset. We make mistakes. Having someone yell at you is the LEAST of your worries. If you guys consider Dan a good friend, you would of realized that he acted out of normal. If you realized this, you would of been able to see that being upset at him is pointless. He did so much, and he made a little upset and people *****?

**** happens.

Not to mention, it was FREE to get in, Free pizza, free pie, free drinks, and free raffle tickets which was decent prizes.

In all, I want to thank Dan for what he has put together. Much time and effort went into this event, and to see a higher power turn the tables on you is upsetting. And I see that players for brawl losing time to play is a upset too. However, I believe this isn't a big deal. Seems everyone was enjoying themselves up to that point.

Again, this is just my own opinion.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I thought Splat was fun!

Shin had fun playing Roblin and Bees sis in brawl. She enjoyed being with everyone and just experiencing her first gaming event! She wanted to thank Mike and Tony for the Batteries. And Dan for the food and hospitality.

Also... guys, give Dan a break. We are all human, we get upset. We make mistakes. Having someone yell at you is the LEAST of your worries. If you guys consider Dan a good friend, you would of realized that he acted out of normal. If you realized this, you would of been able to see that being upset at him is pointless. He did so much, and he made a little upset and people *****?

**** happens.

Not to mention, it was FREE to get in, Free pizza, free pie, free drinks, and free raffle tickets which was decent prizes.

In all, I want to thank Dan for what he has put together. Much time and effort went into this event, and to see a higher power turn the tables on you is upsetting. And I see that players for brawl losing time to play is a upset too. However, I believe this isn't a big deal. Seems everyone was enjoying themselves up to that point.

Again, this is just my own opinion.
I think I can respectably be upset at losing in the Brawl tournament with a 2-0 win record, even if it was free. If you would have gone silently with that, then I will show you a man who I will advance past in a tournament for free.

Still, you make a point of this: I haven't thanked Dan for anything through my upsetness at what happened to me at the tournament. It was indeed a lot of work Dan, and I do appreciate what you did. What happened to me was still ****ty, But thanks for running it regardless.

What can be done now is hit up the big-wigs of the SPLAT event and ask them why they started the brawl tournament so late. Hit 'em up, respectably, and see what you can get out of them, and if they deserve continued patrionage in future years. Maybe they'll take it into consideration, maybe they'll tell you to eff off. We have numbers, now who's not lazy enough to utilize it?

Don't get me wrong, SPLAT was all-in-all fun, but you're right, **** happens. That doesn't make it better by any accounts. So at the same time, be reasonable to people who the **** happened to.

Still, thanks Dan.

Steam

Smash Hero
I wasn't there but I was told of what happened. But considering all the things he's contributed to Colorado gaming scene in general I think he deserves to get a break every now and again lol.

edit: speaking of which we reaaaally need an IC player in Colorado. Supercon made me realize that a looooooot.

Bees!

Smash Ace
*raises hand*

Zournament would be a great place to try out our dubs skills.

I just need to find a way to get to the Springs when it happens.
If you can guarantee that you are coming then lets do this. Your playstyle will go well with the way I play in Dubs.

Choose 1:
Before Christmas?
After Near Years?

And then:
Weekday?
Weekend?
Weekend would seem convenient. Although it would be good to get in touch with Reflex find out when it works for him.

not near christmas pelease.

I don't want to be out of town again, cept this time visiting people I loathe.
How about the week before that is...if that is convenient for TheReflexWonder namesearch plez.

Also, I main ice climbers now.
Yay you are free now! ;)

edit: speaking of which we reaaaally need an IC player in Colorado. Supercon made me realize that a looooooot.
Ya I had Goyf in my pool. He has tons of ROB exp and had almost no real IC exp either. But because New Mexico really likes me for some reason <3 Him and JT! sat me down and showed me everything about that MU and what I should be doing.

I can CG and desynch with ICs online.

But I suck offline.

Well maybe you can play me online sometime. I would also like to have that MK MU exp for both Kirby and ROB. Although if you use ICs I will use ROB obviously for that MU.

Also guys I have decided to not only get better at the MK MU with ROB.

I wanna be an MK slayer with ROB. My goal is to transcend even what Chibo has done with that MU. I know its possible. The more I learn about ROB vs MK the more I see that its not even close to his top 3 worst MUs and that he actually has a decent amount of options. I will still have to outplay my opponent and just be a better player than them. I think I can make it happen. Its my goal anyways.

Any MKs here in Colorado wanna help me get closer to that goal?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Also guys I have decided to not only get better at the MK MU with ROB.

I wanna be an MK slayer with ROB. My goal is to transcend even what Chibo has done with that MU. I know its possible. The more I learn about ROB vs MK the more I see that its not even close to his top 3 worst MUs and that he actually has a decent amount of options. I will still have to outplay my opponent and just be a better player than them. I think I can make it happen. Its my goal anyways.

Any MKs here in Colorado wanna help me get closer to that goal?

Well, I don't play MK or ROB but I have frequented the ROBoards for a while. I'd recommend looking over the discussions of the MU that have already happened, talking to Sudai, and also finding other people who play MK to play with more often. I can tell you this though, you're going to need a lot of mindgames and tech skill, imo.

Bees!

Smash Ace

Well, I don't play MK or ROB but I have frequented the ROBoards for a while. I'd recommend looking over the discussions of the MU that have already happened, talking to Sudai, and also finding other people who play MK to play with more often. I can tell you this though, you're going to need a lot of mindgames and tech skill, imo.
Thanks! I will do that!
Also I have talked to Sil and Chibo and will talk to them more in detail. They both are really good at the MU. Also I need to talk to Kiraflax and Stingers about the MU. Kiraflax has beaten Cheese and Inu.i(no namesearch for you!) and Stingers has beaten Tearbear. 4 ROB mains there that have considerable skill and knowledge in that MU. As for being techskilled with ROB and having mindgames I have both of those. Also watching how Ocean plays the MU is really helpful too.

Also pertaining to Zournament, I just talked to Reflex via text

He comes in on the 15th of December and will be in the Springs until the 4th of January. However he is going to check with the friend he is visiting to see when would be most convenient for him. He is supposed to get back to me on that. But as soon as I know I will pass it on to Dan.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Thanks! I will do that!
Also I have talked to Sil and Chibo and will talk to them more in detail. They both are really good at the MU. Also I need to talk to Kiraflax and Stingers about the MU. Kiraflax has beaten Cheese and Inu.i(no namesearch for you!) and Stingers has beaten Tearbear. 4 ROB mains there that have considerable skill and knowledge in that MU. As for being techskilled with ROB and having mindgames I have both of those. Also watching how Ocean plays the MU is really helpful too.
No problem! And I see, that's a great start then. Hopefully you get lots of practice from now on and can reach your goal of becoming an MK slayer one day. One more MK slayer is always welcomed! :D

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
@Bess: I have played Stingers' ROB online before with MK, but that was before I actually mained MK and I got *****. He was really good at the mu though. What was weird was that he would also beat my Lucario but my Sheik could actually win some of the matches. :I

Bees!

Smash Ace
@Bess: I have played Stingers' ROB online before with MK, but that was before I actually mained MK and I got *****. He was really good at the mu though. What was weird was that he would also beat my Lucario but my Sheik could actually win some of the matches. :I
Ya Personally my toughest MUs are
D3(ROBs and D3s generally consider this the toughest, Atomsk says its 100-0 lol)
Sheik
Falco(Considered by many ROBs to be one of ROBs worst MUs. I could agree with that after playing Falcos, Its hard to do anything)
Personally I think that Sheik ***** ROB bad but I probably stand alone on that one.

I do pretty good vs MK but I feel that I could do better. I just need to learn how to stay out of certain bad situations that favor MK.

Top Bottom