• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
I really really really wish I could have gone.

Really.

Edit: On the bright side, I spent my day doing ladder matches so I guess it's cool. Got back into top 32 and changing my name to Colorado later today.

Steam

Smash Hero
BTW I'm housing Fishbait (against his will?) for Zounament since it's basicaly our Apex. so even though it's a one day thing we're hypesaucing it til it drowns.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Now that I've had a night to think on it more rationally, real talk Dan:

I dunno if I did something you felt you had to get revenge for, or you felt I didn't deserve to be in the tournament because I asked to participate late. Still, as a tournament player, and from my perspective (and I'm sure anyone else's in the world,) that was a really ****ty thing to do last night. And I feel as a tournament director, you should feel an inkling of remorse, feeling bad, anything. I really don't feel like I got that from you and I can't explain how upset I am at you, even as a person in general, right now.

If you think poorly of me, get at me please. If you felt I deserved to be, almost, double-peaced without losing, get at me. Even for my opponent who was DQ'd that you called for ONCE over the microphone, I felt that was real crap too. I know you said time was an issue, but the quality you sacrificed is... almost scary.

From right now, I am boycotting Zournament. I admit, it's a drop in the bucket, but it's how I'm going to express my disappointment. I'm sure Dan and I will end up getting it talked out. But from a tournament director, I've never seen so many corners, and people, cut.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Ya my hype and care for Splat all disappeared when Dan changed 2 out of 3 to 1 match eliminations. That really killed everything for me. Which is a shame because I was looking forward to this for a while :/
Dan apologized about his irrational outbreak and I have forgiven him(everyone's human after all). But that still didn't change what that did which was kill my enthusiasm for the tourney and cause frustration. Especially when I got sent to losers bracket after losing 1 match vs DTL. Even though they changed it back later it was still frustrating.
Oh well
Hope you maintain your composure a little better with Zournament Dan :(

All in all I had fun. I loved playing Undies, Dylan and Tim! I played lots of games with them and we had a good time. I wish I could have played Meno more than just a half a match but meh maybe next time. Let me know when you guys are up for something. I really wanna play you guys a lot more. Also playing Kirby vs Snake with Okami was really fun! I lurve that MU.

Underload

Lazy
Dylan
Tim
Okami
Meno

The rest unimportant.
Even though it's unimportant, I think(?) I got 5th. Fun times, even though most of us stopped caring halfway through winner's bracket.

Johns: I left with Tony's ride before I played my set with Meno, because I was gonna get smacked by my parents if I didn't get home before 9:30. Sucks, cuz I lurve playing Manny, 'specially in tourney. Whenever we play, we have good matches, each and every one. He plays smart

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
This tournament was truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

I had fun though :D
For the most part.
That "set" with Bees was bull****.
Meno beat me first game. I was like ;(
I felt the need to double 3 stock the first random I played. I need to not do that but I have no idea how you guys hold back. I mean...everybody wants to get a 3 stock, even if it's not really an accomplishment.
GFs with Tim were pretty good I guess. I was pretty tired of playing at that point, but not like Tim who just went through a bunch of people straight before playing me.
I won...an Xbox fight stick? No idea what I'm going to do with it...lol. Tim won a gift certificate to a game store he'll never go to.
R1 I played Manny. Game 3 really close set. I won on RC (yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!!) and he CPd Picto and got relatively gayed.
Then I played...Bees? I think. Game one was pretty average. I think we both played decently, but we were definitely not in the right mindset after certain events... And the fact that we only played one game... was ridiculous.
Then I played Peter. Even though it was changed back to best of three, he was content with one match. lol
It's almost like there was a vibe of just wanting to get out of there...hmmmm
Then I played Okami. Games would have been much closer if he didn't try to back air my MK offstage like 08 Peter.
Then Tim. So I mean, I got to actually play good people and this could have been a lot more fun. We have some talented players that with betters means could be quite legit. I'm definitely glad I went because of...I dunno I still enjoyed it. And I'm happy I got to hang with everybody.
Fuuuuuuuuck Tony explaining that awful movie. I was not in the right mindset to here about a gruesome serial killer. I liked that other show we watched though.
So yeah, if you didn't go, you definitely missed something, but I'm not 100% on what.

Bees!

Smash Ace
lol bees got lasteth
No I didn't <_<"
I just didn't do as well as I would have liked to. But like I said that rule change killed my mindset. I was just ready to get through the tourney so I could play friendlies.

Steam

Smash Hero
@Dillon- Easy, just main Lucario and the character sandbags for you :D

also who all did Okami beat? he must have improved a lot since beesfest :0

Bees!

Smash Ace
idk who Okami beat to place so high...And he was a little better than last time but he still had not improved that much.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master

Bees!

Smash Ace
Anyone wanna come with me to Oklahoma for that tourney in January?
We got housing if we go. I could use a teammate too.
Dylan? Meno? anyone besides Steam? xD

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Okami took game one from Tim for such a dumb reason...lol
Tim was in the lead and on a newish stock. Then the windmill comes and through some grenade fsmash bull**** Tim gets raaaaaaped. He had that game lol. But Okami did really well and they went to last hit.

edit: So I namesearched on youtube and found an old video Nite put up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIZ5Js3um44

The tag, "DTL is tight" made me happy :)

Bees!

Smash Ace
and I even beat his Snake with D3

It was at King of the Springs and he has definitely gotten better in the last 6 months, but still.....

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Skimmed over a bit just now, and still super tired, but I'll read through it all.

No there were a lot of politics that screwed up the time at SPLAT. the time coordinator thought that smash and sc2 could run in less than 2 hours. Kept telling her that it was going to last much longer than that, but she stood by her decision and forced me to do it at 5:30. Ended up *****ing at me because it was taking too long. Pretty much was with a double edged sword.

Kore later when I'm out of bed and out of schlock forms nearly dying last night

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Skimmed over a bit just now, and still super tired, but I'll read through it all.

No there were a lot of politics that screwed up the time at SPLAT. the time coordinator thought that smash and sc2 could run in less than 2 hours. Kept telling her that it was going to last much longer than that, but she stood by her decision and forced me to do it at 5:30. Ended up *****ing at me because it was taking too long. Pretty much was with a double edged sword.

Kore later when I'm out of bed and out of schlock forms nearly dying last night
Was she the short chubby brunette that was doing registration? Cuz she was kinda *****y.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I'm fun to play in BB, lol. Everyone leaves when I start doing some matches on a setup. Therefore I didn't get to play Jamaal or Tim very much. I did play Deets a lot though, so that was cool. Tim played me for a little bit, but not as much as I wanted.

A message to the BB pros in CO: You owe it to me, zaj, and all the other BB scrubs to **** me in BB so we can get better.
Well maybe you don't.

I'm really sorry you were so stressed out at zournament Dan. But to be fair I thought it was totally badass when you crushed that soda can against your forehead.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Was she the short chubby brunette that was doing registration? Cuz she was kinda *****y.
Yep
I'm really sorry you were so stressed out at zournament Dan. But to be fair I thought it was totally badass when you crushed that can against your forehead.
Meh... it's fine; **** happens.

It was the only thing near me that I could crush or use to cause pain or what not. Didn't cause enough pain to actually calm me down; that's why I kept punching the table.

If the wall was there, I probably would have broken my hand again.

Wow... lapses of my old life hit me now.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Now that I've had a night to think on it more rationally, real talk Dan:

I dunno if I did something you felt you had to get revenge for, or you felt I didn't deserve to be in the tournament because I asked to participate late. Still, as a tournament player, and from my perspective (and I'm sure anyone else's in the world,) that was a really ****ty thing to do last night. And I feel as a tournament director, you should feel an inkling of remorse, feeling bad, anything. I really don't feel like I got that from you and I can't explain how upset I am at you, even as a person in general, right now.
When I heard you walking away and say, "**** this tournament", I really did felt bad. I still do. Couldn't do much at that point though... Or I couldn't think of anything to do to make it up to you because I knew I screwed up.

If you think poorly of me, get at me please. If you felt I deserved to be, almost, double-peaced without losing, get at me. Even for my opponent who was DQ'd that you called for ONCE over the microphone, I felt that was real crap too. I know you said time was an issue, but the quality you sacrificed is... almost scary.
Not at all; I still see you as a good friend that I can talk to (whenever I catch you online).

I didn't want to do it either, but with Terri and Matt breathing down my neck, I didn't want any more confrontation with them anymore that night.

The quality was ****. I'll admit that.

From right now, I am boycotting Zournament. I admit, it's a drop in the bucket, but it's how I'm going to express my disappointment. I'm sure Dan and I will end up getting it talked out. But from a tournament director, I've never seen so many corners, and people, cut.
I'll try and catch you online later tonight, Jamaal. I never thought I'd be doing it either, but I suppose under so much pressure, I broke.

Ya my hype and care for Splat all disappeared when Dan changed 2 out of 3 to 1 match eliminations. That really killed everything for me. Which is a shame because I was looking forward to this for a while :/
Terri pretty much ordered me to do it. I don't want you all to blame her though because ultimately it was my decision, so continue to get at me.

Dan apologized about his irrational outbreak and I have forgiven him(everyone's human after all). But that still didn't change what that did which was kill my enthusiasm for the tourney and cause frustration. Especially when I got sent to losers bracket after losing 1 match vs DTL. Even though they changed it back later it was still frustrating.
Oh well
Hope you maintain your composure a little better with Zournament Dan :(
I will. I can promise you all that.
This tournament was truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.
It was, and I apologies. I know it's too late for it, but I do.
I had fun though :D
For the most part.

[insert other things here]

So yeah, if you didn't go, you definitely missed something, but I'm not 100% on what.
Pie? Pizza? Free food?

Top Bottom