• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass

Atsu

Smash Ace
First season was amazing. Second season is starting to go downhill, in my opinion/P.O.V. at least.

At least the main characters are beginning to get killed off. I mean, at this point you could say C.C. got killed off because she's an entirely new person (amnesia ftl). Guessing it's only temporary since that's a big character to kill off (I guess you could say Shirley/Euphemia was too but I just feel that there's something different at hand). But more than likely, her memories were merely replaced with faulty ones (or memories of how her life was as a child. I don't know. Gotta wait for the next batch of episodes to learn everything). So unless she backed up her memories like she had did to Lelouche, not sure what's going to happen.

It seems like they're trying to push too much into each episode now. Just doesn't feel as good as Season 1. As much as I love CG, I really do hope this is the last season (Don't want another "Zero Comes Back! Again!" type of thing)

Darkslash

Smash Master
I have the series on my HDD, but so far I've only watched the first episode. I like a lot of the Gundam series, and Code Geass is supposed to be cool, but I haven't gotten over my dislike of the art style for the characters yet. Can someone give me a good reason/excuse to watch the rest of the series without spoiling it for me?

You should keep watching it

Because the British are *******s and will kill you with Giant Robots.

God I love that Adult Swim Promo.

Lelouch is now going to the crazy side of things

Shirley getting killed by Rolo. C.C losing her Memory.

Yea I expect him to go insane.

aznegglover

Smash Journeyman
First season was amazing. Second season is starting to go downhill, in my opinion/P.O.V. at least.

At least the main characters are beginning to get killed off. I mean, at this point you could say C.C. got killed off because she's an entirely new person (amnesia ftl). Guessing it's only temporary since that's a big character to kill off (I guess you could say Shirley/Euphemia was too but I just feel that there's something different at hand). But more than likely, her memories were merely replaced with faulty ones (or memories of how her life was as a child. I don't know. Gotta wait for the next batch of episodes to learn everything). So unless she backed up her memories like she had did to Lelouche, not sure what's going to happen.

It seems like they're trying to push too much into each episode now. Just doesn't feel as good as Season 1. As much as I love CG, I really do hope this is the last season (Don't want another "Zero Comes Back! Again!" type of thing)
Her memories aren't fake. Anything after her getting Geass'd got wiped.

Although I still wonder how Lelouch got his memories back. It's not like CC has a Geass-canceller.

Zero

Smash Hero
My sig is the best part of the episode.
I HATE YOU, SPOILING THE EPISODE AFTER ALL OF MY EFFORTS FOR IT TO REMAIN UNSPOILED, AVOIDING MY FRIENDS WHO WATCH IT LIVE AND RESTRICTING MY BROWSING.

Hurry up you stupid torrent, I want to watch you.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
So I watched season one and liked it a lot. Beginning to download the rest that is out so far. However, I'm going to avoid this topic from now on so I won't get any spoilers.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
hmm.. I recently started watching it on Saturday's, I happened to have caught yesterday's episode, and I must say it's not bad at all, I imagined that the series would be boring but ironically it's the reverse.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Where are ya guys getting the subbed episodes? I hear they are better so I would rather watch those. thanks
I watch it on Veoh. It doesnt work in some countries because of their country ban (racist?). If you see one on Veoh, watch it immediately because I think they remove anime vids now. =[

Sometimes Imeem works too but on my computer, I cant watch videos on Imeem.

Miharu

Smash Hero
It's usually posted on Veoh and other streaming sites without the subgroups consent (I may be wrong here), so I just get mine directly from the subgroups themselves.

http://eclipse.no-sekai.de/

That's where I get my Geass from. Plus I like having it in high-quality for later re-watching anyways :D

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I keep feeling horrible for C.C. :(.

Anybody else hate it when Zero can't figure things out? I hate it when they make him look vulnerable.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
What was up with
Lelouch not explaining **** to Suzaku? Like how geassing Euphemia was an accident, etc. I think it might have been because he didn't want to look like he was lying but they could have explained that. Also he gave a really weird geass to whats-his-name. Actually that whole scene played out pretty weird and I would think it was part of Lelouch's plan but he seems pretty emotionally affected by it.

Miharu

Smash Hero
What was up with
Lelouch not explaining **** to Suzaku? Like how geassing Euphemia was an accident, etc. I think it might have been because he didn't want to look like he was lying but they could have explained that. Also he gave a really weird geass to whats-his-name. Actually that whole scene played out pretty weird and I would think it was part of Lelouch's plan but he seems pretty emotionally affected by it.
Hmm.

I don't think he bothered explaining how it was an accident, since it got to the point where Suzaku probably wasn't going to believe anything else; I mean, from his point of view, Lelouch is simply a heartless ******* who uses humans as mere pawns for his own needs, etc.; I doubt he would have accepted "I Geass'd Euphie by accident" as an explanation.

Yeah, I'm curious to see what's in store for Guilford lol.

aznegglover

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.

I don't think he bothered explaining how it was an accident, since it got to the point where Suzaku probably wasn't going to believe anything else; I mean, from his point of view, Lelouch is simply a heartless ******* who uses humans as mere pawns for his own needs, etc.; I doubt he would have accepted "I Geass'd Euphie by accident" as an explanation.

Yeah, I'm curious to see what's in store for Guilford lol.
Odd, I just thought Lelouch would be unwilling to admit that he screwed up

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm curious to see what's in store for Guilford lol
I think Lelouch is just going to use Guilford for a suicide mission, or anything that will put Guilford to the most use in the least amount of time. Its pretty obvious that Guilford won't be accepted into the Black Knights. Anyway, I see Lelouch using Guilford in a suicide attempt (much like the how Rolo was to self-destruct on V.V.) to take out one of the main Britanian Knightmares.

At least thats what I think until someone posts something to question my theories...now to rewatch the episode :D

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
There is a CG topic? cool. Glad to see that it has followers here.

I think Lelouch is just going to use Guilford for a suicide mission, or anything that will put Guilford to the most use in the least amount of time. Its pretty obvious that Guilford won't be accepted into the Black Knights. Anyway, I see Lelouch using Guilford in a suicide attempt (much like the how Rolo was to self-destruct on V.V.) to take out one of the main Britanian Knightmares.

At least thats what I think until someone posts something to question my theories...now to rewatch the episode :D
nothing has stopped Lulu from having geassed people do suicide missions before, so there is nothing wrong with your theory. I think Guilford will not die now, don't know why but I just don't see him dieing now. We need to know if the geass is still in effect now(should be but maybe it is only temporary and Lulu will have to pull his collier every time he wants Guilford to see him as Cornelia) and where he is at now(I don't remember him being with Lulu at the end of the episode but I could have forgotten)

over ten years later
This show was stupid
kind of fun
but so stupid

Last edited:

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
I think Guilford will not die now, don't know why but I just don't see him dieing now. We need to know if the geass is still in effect now(should be but maybe it is only temporary and Lulu will have to pull his collier every time he wants Guilford to see him as Cornelia) and where he is at now
He may or may not die, true. I just think it would be more convenient for Lelouch that no one in the Black Knights ever finds out about Guilford. He might just be put into hiding, we'll have to wait and see.

I don't see a reason for the geass to be temporary. I'd have to find the exact part in the episode, but Lulu's commands were something like "When I make this pose, you will see me as if I am Lady Cornelia." That means that the pose was only a trigger for Guilford.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I watched the end of 17 again and Guilford is still with Lulu at the Tokyo settlement(you can see his knightmare next to Lulu's and they say that it is ok to gun down the Vincent as well) so he is still geassed(not surprising), now it just depends on what happens in 18.

On the side, did anyone get the Limited Edition/any of the DVD's or does no one buy anime here?

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I don't think I'd ever want to buy anime. I can watch all the anime I want online. Even then, I can just download my anime and connect my laptop to my TV :p

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Eh, I don't think I'd ever want to buy anime. I can watch all the anime I want online. Even then, I can just download my anime and connect my laptop to my TV :p
Ok, that's not surprising really, the majority of anime fans are like that so it does not bother me and I can understand the whole money thing as well. But I happen to be an odd ball, I'd like to have the stuff personally, guess I'm just a collector at heart.

As a warning to those that want to buy it, wait a little bit, I've heard that the dvd's are faulty and are being recalled. I found out after I bought it and it will freeze in two spots on ep 9 for me, so I'll have to exchange mine. :(

Ep 18

knight of ten is dead, suzaku fired FLEIA due to Lulu's geass, Sayako & Nunnally are dead(most likely, small chance BS saved them, we know how strong that stuff is) :(, Gillford is dead, a few named Black Knights died, Rollo is alive:(, and Kallen has the most broken Knightmare for now. This is not going to end well now, Lulu's going to go insane, Suzaku will have this over his head for the rest of the show, and it looks like some of the Black knights will not follow Zero anymore, including Todoh.

Good episode, even if parts were sad. Hate Nina, Hate Rollo. Lloyd is still awesome.

I never did buy the whole show
That was absolutely for the best, wouldn't have been worth it

Last edited:

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe I haven't found this thread till now.

But, episode 19 was crazy. Suzaku couldn't do anything to stop himself because of Lelouch's "live on" geass
.....zomg. I hate waiting for a week.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
lol Code Geass made Sunday my favorite day of the week
and yeah, we all hate waiting for a week. But at least it's not like Naruto or Bleach when sometimes you have to wait 2 weeks for an episode.

Top Bottom