• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass

Miharu

Smash Hero
Don't watch it on Adult Swim. The English dub is BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Also, where the **** has Kallen been the past 3 episodes?

:[

Zero

Smash Hero
I looooove Code Geass. It's my current favourite anime. Just watched the 13th episode of season 2 today and it was entertaining as usual. Does anyone also watch the second season?

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Yeah, this is the only anime I'm currently keeping up with. R2 Episode 13 was pretty badass, although I had
Shirley's death spoiled for me and I just kinda figured either Rollo or Jeremiah would kill her, I guess it made the cliffhanger scene more suspenseful.

Also, I predict that the only surviving characters will be ones named after Coke products. Coke Zero, C2, and Orange. I've seen an image relating a few more characters to Coke products but they didn't seem to be strong connections. Hmmm.........................

Also I think Lord Jeremiah will be the one to save Kallen since she will probably get Geassed into joining Britannia.

Zero

Smash Hero
I've tried but I'm not finished with the first so it's hard to understand. Is there gonna be a third season?

Unless Sunrise do a lot of rushing with the story, I think there will be.

Yeah, this is the only anime I'm currently keeping up with. R2 Episode 13 was pretty badass, although I had
Shirley's death spoiled for me and I just kinda figured either Rollo or Jeremiah would kill her, I guess it made the cliffhanger scene more suspenseful.

Also, I predict that the only surviving characters will be ones named after Coke products. Coke Zero, C2, and Orange. I've seen an image relating a few more characters to Coke products but they didn't seem to be strong connections. Hmmm.........................

Also I think Lord Jeremiah will be the one to save Kallen since she will probably get Geassed into joining Britannia.
Did you notice in the
new OP that Karen's Guren had the same Float Unit as the Lancelot? This probably means that they permamently keep her Knightmare, or that she volunteered to join. Maybe she was asked to join the Knight of Rounds, after getting her memory wiped by Charlie. But I sure hope not, Karen is my favourite character and her swapping to the other faction would be devastating ;-;.

Also, what do you think that huge structure shown at 2:57 is? It looks like some behemoth fortress, maybe where the "gods" are at.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Unless Sunrise do a lot of rushing with the story, I think there will be.

Did you notice in the
new OP that Karen's Guren had the same Float Unit as the Lancelot? This probably means that they permamently keep her Knightmare, or that she volunteered to join. Maybe she was asked to join the Knight of Rounds, after getting her memory wiped by Charlie. But I sure hope not, Karen is my favourite character and her swapping to the other faction would be devastating ;-;.

Also, what do you think that huge structure shown at 2:57 is? It looks like some behemoth fortress, maybe where the "gods" are at.
If that were to happen (Kallen being forced to the Brittanian side), I'd be very sad indeed.

And to the new/modified float unit, it may just be a modification that was kept after the Guren was recovered (??); but yes, you may be right that it may be hinting at something :o

But I HIGHLY doubt that she'd volunteer to join the opposing side, due to her ______ (insert word here) with Lelouch.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
But we also see Kallen back in her Black Knights uniform toward the end.

Also, Sayoko is so badass, I wish I had a ninja-maid. Also, it's too bad Lelouch overlooked her earlier on, all he used her for was to fool Kallen very early. I bet if he had known she would have supported him so loyally she would have been a more important character.

Also, I think if Lelouch finds out Rollo killed Shirley he will get Orange-kun to kill him. I thought Lelouch was on the path to deciding not to kill him, but Rollo done ****ed up. I think they should have drawn out the scene where they met each other a little more. And I don't think Lelouch will kill Suzaku, I think they will end up working together. And I don't just think that because they're chilling together in the new ending theme.

The second season doesn't have as much mindgaming and battle tactics which is what I liked about the earlier episodes, but I love how the events refuse to be predictable, even at the cost of being overly dramatic. It reminds me of the importance of having a few outright surprises in a story.

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
I've been following this show since it started airing on Adult Swim and I haven't missed a single episode thus far. Still, I feel like such an anime n00b for only watching whatever English dub the Cartoon Network decides to play. Better than nothing, though. Props to ImaginAsian TV for playing anime on Tues and Wed in the original Japanese with subtitles, tho. It's like a bit of relief from [as] cutting all their anime from weeknights.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Don't watch it on Adult Swim. The English dub is BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Also, where the **** has Kallen been the past 3 episodes?

:[
yeah i miss her. where has she been? oh if you watched the extended preview for episode 14 the girl in the dress sitting on the chair is most likely her. reason: there were some sketches released a long time ago of kallen wearing a dress similar to that. i will try to search for the sketches but the extended preview can be found on youtube. btw i love you for loving kallen. lol. :laugh: but yeah i agree she better come back with more screen time to make up for all that time.

If that were to happen (Kallen being forced to the Brittanian side), I'd be very sad indeed.

And to the new/modified float unit, it may just be a modification that was kept after the Guren was recovered (??); but yes, you may be right that it may be hinting at something :o

But I HIGHLY doubt that she'd volunteer to join the opposing side, due to her ______ (insert word here) with Lelouch.
iono i think she might help nunnally and try to bring her back for lelouch. she may have some of her own mindgames within the britannia army and then come back to lelouch with nunnally.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Episode 14 R2:
Suzaku is still dumb.

I was surprised Rolo came out and said he killed Shirley then lied about why without hearing what she said to Lelouch before she died.

I was also surprised that VV pretty much went down on their first attempt. I totally thought he'd be all HAHAHAHA see you suckers, although that could still happen.[/spoilers]

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
^
I was surprised when
Lelouch supposedly forgives him. I know he doesnt. And the end of the episode, all I could say is that Lelouch is screwed.

A really epic episode.. I can't wait for next week

Yes, Kallen is in this episode
:B

Zero

Smash Hero
Today's episode really was awesome, it flipped so many things upside down and turned them inside out. Both Lelouch and Suzaku have betrayed their original morals in order to reach their goal. It was quite interesting when the soldier questioned him and he responded with a death threat, which alludes to a conclusion of Lelouch ironically becoming like his father, who he obviously detests. Suzaku using Refrain on Karen, a form of torture, and also saying "Methods can't hold me back" is evidence of his sinking to the level of his enemy. Also, I can see the Black Knights starting to crumble as an organisation. My prediction is that in the final two episodes, they won't lose due to lack of military strength, but to corruption as each BK official aims reaches their goal, by any means. It was interesting how a lot of the Cult members knew CC and I hope that they delve deeper into that through the episodes, or a manga or even just little text stories released in magazines.

WHY DIDN'T THEY REVIVE SHIRLEY, THEY REVIVED MAO AND HE HAD A LOT MORE WOUNDS THAN SHIRLEY. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY.

Today's episode is the sort of episode that made me fall in love with this series, it doesn't disappoint.

Code Fabulous: Lelouch of the Wardrobe, watch it now!

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I have heard people talking about this for a long time and never really thought about it. Every Saturday I watch Adult Swim and would somewhat watch the show (I'm typically finishing up art projects) but didn't even know it was Code Geass :/

I guess I'll have to start paying more attention, though I wasn't too impressed with what I saw so far :(

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
I have heard people talking about this for a long time and never really thought about it. Every Saturday I watch Adult Swim and would somewhat watch the show (I'm typically finishing up art projects) but didn't even know it was Code Geass :/

I guess I'll have to start paying more attention, though I wasn't too impressed with what I saw so far :(
Do NOT watch it on Adult Swim.. The dub version is only halfway through the first season while the sub is 14 episodes into the second season..

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Amazing episode. I can't wait til Zero(Us Zeros are so cool) rescues Karen. The Guren is my favorite mech. It's so dominating.

Sick wit it!

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
When Mao "died", he was shot to all hell but not dead, and surrounded by police officers, who presumably have access to some medical stuff. But Shirley bled to death before getting any attention.

Miharu

Smash Hero
When Mao died, he was shot to all hell but not dead and surrounded by police officers, who presumably have access to some medical stuff. But Shirley bled to death before getting any attention.
I wonder if his being a Geass user had anything to do with it. Probably not, but just throwing that out there.

Also lol @ Suzaku using Refrain on Kallen (hi date ****)

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Code Geass is an amazing show, thanks for all the spoiler tags. I hate spoilering good shows. Spinzaku...

Miharu

Smash Hero
C.C.'s story was very touching, especially the ending.
Mm.

Too bad I liked C.C. mainly for her character though, and now that's gone :[

But now that Lelouch has her "Geass sign" or whatever it is, I wonder what that will lead to.

And there's that thing about Freya (the testing thing).

This season just keeps on getting better and better.

Zero

Smash Hero
Mm.

Too bad I liked C.C. mainly for her character though, and now that's gone :[

But now that Lelouch has her "Geass sign" or whatever it is, I wonder what that will lead to.

And there's that thing about Freya (the testing thing).

This season just keeps on getting better and better.
I didn't see Lelouch with her Geass symbol anywhere, care to post a screenshot or simply mention a time?

Miharu

Smash Hero
I didn't see Lelouch with her Geass symbol anywhere, care to post a screenshot or simply mention a time?
Starting at 21:30 to when the credits roll, you see that C.C. has lost most of her memories (I'm guessing from right before she made the pact with the nun up to now). You also see that her Geass symbol is gone. It's most likely similar to what happened to Charles and V.V., except in V.V.'s case I'm not sure if his memories are intact or not.

Notice that Charles' sign is on the palm of his hand, so if that's the case, Lelouch's could be anywhere on his body.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/GreenAppleKirby/Code_Geass_R2_15_2138.jpg

Here you see that it's not immediately obvious where the Geass symbol could be, since his hair covers his forehead as well. Also, might be worth noting that both his eyes are back to normal (unless he remembered/bothered to put the color contact back on afterwards.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/GreenAppleKirby/Code_Geass_R2_15_2152.jpg

Here you see that C.C.'s mark is actually gone, along with her memories.

Amnesia hurts.

Zero

Smash Hero
Ah, thanks for clarifying. I hope amnesia doesn't hurt the series, because it seems such a common character archetype and I just don't want that happening to my beloved series. If Lelouch has become the contract maker, for lack of a better name, then his Geass is obviously gone, and that hinders his ability to destroy things as masterfully as R1 (Black Rebillion), nor manipulate people to aid his plan. One of the edges that this show has is the impeccably well thought out plans of the protagonist aid him when all hope is lost, and if Lelouch's Geass is gone, that will significatly damper the series. Maybe they'll go on and focus on a new contractee who has the Geass to turn invisible and become invincible.

And then he wakes up in his Royal Imperial Villa, to the rosy sound of chirping birds and the smell of crisp bacon. He walks out of his bedroom to see his sister, mother and father all around the breakfast table, enjoying the first meal of the day. It was all a dream.

Autydragoon

Smash Journeyman
In a circle with Fez, Hyde, Eric and Kelso
How come during episode 13 I think of season 1 Before the show starts right after the theme song the screen is black and all you here is voices? You here a female voice say something like,"Listen it's the sound of the flutter of the wings of an angel." Than a male voice says like," actually Tammy that's a fly." Why did they put that in there?

Miharu

Smash Hero
How come during episode 13 I think of season 1 Before the show starts right after the theme song the screen is black and all you here is voices? You here a female voice say something like,"Listen it's the sound of the flutter of the wings of an angel." Than a male voice says like," actually Tammy that's a fly." Why did they put that in there?
You sure it's EP 13?

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I have the series on my HDD, but so far I've only watched the first episode. I like a lot of the Gundam series, and Code Geass is supposed to be cool, but I haven't gotten over my dislike of the art style for the characters yet. Can someone give me a good reason/excuse to watch the rest of the series without spoiling it for me?

Autydragoon

Smash Journeyman
In a circle with Fez, Hyde, Eric and Kelso
@Dodongo
Not only does it have giant robots but it's full of mind games. An example of a show like this is Death note, where a character uses extreme wits to defeat his enemies. The show can also be compared to a game of chess with cool futuristic equipment. You'll be wanting more by the end of each episode. And the cool about the main character is he is a good guy but he strives to achieve goals and will kill anyone in his way.

aznegglover

Smash Journeyman
Why does Jeremiah get so pissy over being called Orange?

Is it like a mark of shame or something?

Edit: Oh good, I'm not the only one who thinks this is a lot like Death Note :p

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
yeah, i recently just got into this last Saturday, and I gotta say it isn't bad at all, I always though this Anime would be boring, but once I took a look at it, I was quite surprised and I actually kind of liked it, and now I can't wait to see what's next

Top Bottom