• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I have no idea what anything you said means.

Also, I don't see Orange anywhere in the preview. But I would really like what you described to happen. Seriously Lelouch is so dumb for trying to make himself look like a monster.
I assume you are talking to me about Orange. If so then watch the episode at around 0:23:44, it is very quick, he is on a screen and the screen quickly shuts off, Ohgi is in the scene and Kallen walks into the scene soon after the screen shuts off. This is in the preview from the episode btw.

If not, oh well. :ohwell:

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I watched episode 19 streaming so I'm not going to bother to stream it again and wait for the whole thing to download, I'll just take your word for it. Although I wouldn't be too sure since I remember the preview for 19 strongly indicated that Kallen and Suzaku would have some kind of confrontation but that was just two scenes spliced together I guess.

But yeah, Orange really has everything he needs to be the hero. He could still just show up and degeass everyone and **** would hit the fan.

Also, into crazy theory territory, I thought this theory was stupid at first but now I'm somewhat sold on Anya and Nunally being switched due to the Emperor's geass. Anya has obviously been geassed bby the emperor. And I think Nunally has too. They said her blindness was caused by something "psychological" rather than physical. It could be something the Emperor geassed her into doing, to either hide her eyes for some reason, for instance if she would end up seeing things that would call her new worldview into question, like Anya's, or maybe to prevent other people from seeing her eyes.

There is also the theme of Rolo and Lelouch's relationship. It was fabricated entirely by the Emperor, but for one year they really did have a real kinda relationship. Lelouch denies it because he hates the idea of that, and Rolo embraces it because he loves the idea. But Lelouch could end up having to face the same thing if it turns out that Anya is his real sister and Nunally is a fake created by the Emperor.

Also it vaguely fits into the Emperor's ideas of the strong surviving and the weak being cast out. Anya is a capable warrior so he'd want to keep her while Nunally is all peace-loving and stuff. This part hinges on the circumstances of the attack on Marianna and Nunally though.

I think the biggest hole in the theory is that Lelouch has been degeassed by CC, when he recovered his memories in the first episode of R2. But CC's powers are probably different from Orange's degeass. But I would hazard a guess that CC would know if Lelouch was geassed still.

Also about CC, I think she may end up regaining her memories at some point, and the writers just took her out of the picture temporarily to make Lelouch more desperate. CC saved his *** like five times already and it wouldn't be as suspenseful if we expected her to just show up again.

Oh and also looking at all the analysis of Freya going off Nunally is probably still alive having launched in a different ship.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Also, into crazy theory territory, I thought this theory was stupid at first but now I'm somewhat sold on Anya and Nunally being switched due to the Emperor's geass. Anya has obviously been geassed bby the emperor. And I think Nunally has too. They said her blindness was caused by something "psychological" rather than physical. It could be something the Emperor geassed her into doing, to either hide her eyes for some reason, for instance if she would end up seeing things that would call her new worldview into question, like Anya's, or maybe to prevent other people from seeing her eyes.
Where did you hear of the Anya and Nunally switch theory? I've never heard of it is why I ask...

I'm just curious as to why people would think that Anya is his sister, because I know she found that picture in her phone contraption, and I vaguely remember a flashback of somekind, but was there an actual hint in an episode? Maybe I missed it....

I <3 Code Geass.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Just other internet forums, and I've been trying to avoid major spoilers But I couldn't resist some minor ones and (this is a real future spoiler maybe coming ahead, maybe, stop reading if you only want clues from previously aired episodes) in a list of characters' birthdays and stuff, Anya and Nunally are the same age, born one day after each other, and they have the same blood type, AB. I think the births one day after each other is a hint that they are twins but ended up being born on separate days because their mother was in labour over midnight.

And I think the Emperor might have geassed her into keeping her eyes closed so that it wouldn't be evident that she and Nunally have the same eye colour which would further hint at their relation. (/future spoilers)

There really is a lot of stuff outside the show like games and audio scenes official websites and stuff as well as a leak from an animator up to episode 22 that has been published in magazines.

But as far as I can tell there haven't been any hints to Anya being Lelouch's sister much within the show. But when her memories were wiped, her memories of Lelouch were wiped and she doesn't recognize him when she sees him even though she has an old picture of him. It's shown in some episode where they skip over a picture that has Lelouch in the background when she's talking about Euphemia or something.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I get it now. That future possible spoiler wasn't too bad, and I'm not upset that I read it....Anya was definitely geassed, and I can't wait for Orange to step in and wipe away some of the other geasses cast on other character's....

Darn these one week gaps between episodes. I need to find something to keep me distracted....But Code Geass is just too good.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I watched episode 19 streaming so I'm not going to bother to stream it again and wait for the whole thing to download, I'll just take your word for it. Although I wouldn't be too sure since I remember the preview for 19 strongly indicated that Kallen and Suzaku would have some kind of confrontation but that was just two scenes spliced together I guess.

But yeah, Orange really has everything he needs to be the hero. He could still just show up and degeass everyone and **** would hit the fan.

There is also the theme of Rolo and Lelouch's relationship. It was fabricated entirely by the Emperor, but for one year they really did have a real kinda relationship. Lelouch denies it because he hates the idea of that, and Rolo embraces it because he loves the idea. But Lelouch could end up having to face the same thing if it turns out that Anya is his real sister and Nunally is a fake created by the Emperor.

Also it vaguely fits into the Emperor's ideas of the strong surviving and the weak being cast out. Anya is a capable warrior so he'd want to keep her while Nunally is all peace-loving and stuff. This part hinges on the circumstances of the attack on Marianna and Nunally though.

I think the biggest hole in the theory is that Lelouch has been degeassed by CC, when he recovered his memories in the first episode of R2. But CC's powers are probably different from Orange's degeass. But I would hazard a guess that CC would know if Lelouch was geassed still.

Also about CC, I think she may end up regaining her memories at some point, and the writers just took her out of the picture temporarily to make Lelouch more desperate. CC saved his *** like five times already and it wouldn't be as suspenseful if we expected her to just show up again.

Oh and also looking at all the analysis of Freya going off Nunally is probably still alive having launched in a different ship.
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk314/00Rutger00/4shotscopy.jpg
Here are some shots to show what I described.

I'm going to wait till I see it to believe the "Anya is his real sister" theory, we've thought that Nunally was his sister for so long that it would feel out of nowhere. Who knows though, CG likes to pull things off at the end of episodes that we don't expect so I could be proven wrong in the coming weeks. Though I must say that your Rollo comparison is interesting.
I'll stick with Anya being really close to the family (or possibly his second sister) till the show tells us.

Don't we only have 6 episodes left?

Darkslash

Smash Master
I have no idea what anything you said means.

In some good Real Robot endings the main Protagonist ends up doing some heroic self sacrifice that could kill/ Kills them. If Lelouch Geasses every one into hating Charles that going to kill him, like what happened to Rollo. Like in Gunam 00 Setsuna almost killed himself taking down Alvatore AND then Graham, and in the end Exia blows up, and it looks like he's dead.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
WARNING SPOILERS (Yes I know that's what spoiler tags are for, but these spoilers need extra warning...><)

So Anya is Lelouch's mother?! That's just crazy. And so does that make his whole fight against the emperor pointless?? o.O.I guess Marianne has a Geass that restores memories? or something of that nature....

Too bad Lelouch is trapped in that realm with the Emperor, cause little does he know that his mother is alive. Episode 20 blew my mind.

And Shniezel(How spell this?) is trying to take over....Wow. This is why I love this series.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Well, I did not expect Anya being geassed to have Marianne's memories/soul(who knows with this show) before the episode but once she talked to C.C. that was the first thing that I thought of. Nice surprise though.

Good ep. now I just need to get eclipse's sub.

Episode 21extended preview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyE8YqrFI78

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Alright, so I was close. My new theory is that Marianne planted her memories into Anya then had herself killed, and the whole series is a Xanatos Gambit (see tvtropes.com) on her part for some inscrupulous reason.

Also, the animation was really off this episode. I kinda wish it had happened that way I thought it was going to, with Orange degeassing everyone there and **** like that. But that can still happen next episode anyway, though it might not. I think the writers forgot about Orange's power.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Ep 21 had me leaving my mouth open for the whole thing.

All i gotta say

is

Holy ****ing ****.

But this episode explains that last picture in the credits now at least.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
I just need to recap my thoughts on episode 21...

So basically everything that was happening on Earth with Lelouch was based off of lies, ex his mother's death, and now Lulu has stopped his father and mother from creating a new world...

And now he's the emperor?!?!?!, wtfomgmymindisblown......

I did not expect that, but why do I get the feeling that there's still fighting to be done based off of the preview.....Wouldn't Lelouch now just solve all the world's problems and make the world that Nunally wanted? I have no idea what Schneizel is planning, nor what the Black Knights are going to do, but in the back of my mind I'm secretly hoping that there will be a third season. What else could happen in the few episodes left?

EDIT: instantz.net is quite good for watching anime.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I just need to recap my thoughts on episode 21...

So basically everything that was happening on Earth with Lelouch was based off of lies, ex his mother's death, and now Lulu has stopped his father and mother from creating a new world...

And now he's the emperor?!?!?!, wtfomgmymindisblown......

I did not expect that, but why do I get the feeling that there's still fighting to be done based off of the preview.....Wouldn't Lelouch now just solve all the world's problems and make the world that Nunally wanted? I have no idea what Schneizel is planning, nor what the Black Knights are going to do, but in the back of my mind I'm secretly hoping that there will be a third season. What else could happen in the few episodes left?

EDIT: instantz.net is quite good for watching anime.
Lulu has to fight Schneizel(I hate that name, I'll never be able to spell it right without looking it up) because Schneizel wants power. So a lot of the people we have seen will be picking sides next episode and we should be getting more down to Earth war episodes to end the 25 episode season.
This is also supposed to to be the last season from what I've heard.

The emperor's plan was annoyingly similar to End of Eva to me but I can't see anymore strange things happening.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I liked the episode except for some of the stuff in the beginning I didn't quite follow, will probably have to watch it again. But Lelouch + Suzaku + CC + Kallen = invincible superteam.

Also, at the end of the episode someone said that Nunally was still alive so I assume that she really did get away from the explosion.

Miharu

Smash Hero
I'm really disliking how Geass is turning out.

**** this boring Lelouch vs Schneizel bull****.

It was amusing when Charles and Marianne died though; they brought her back only to immediately kill her off. Seems like Sunrise has no problem with killing characters off (gee what a surprise), so people gonna being dying left and right these last 4 episodes.

If Kallen dies...

We'll see.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Sadly the official site says she dead so there's no way of her coming back :( Probably mean when she became Governor General
Yeah I realized like an hour later that that is what he probably meant.

Also, it's pretty weird that people were all OMG TRAITOR at Lelouch killing the emperor and taking his place. Don't they know that that's the kind of **** he wants, at least publicly?

Also, I think Suzaku didn't kill Lelouch because he came to an understanding. Shirley and Euphemia 'forgave' Lelouch for being Zero, so he figures if they could then he could too. Plus they've both been oscillating back and forth between valuing results over methods and vice versa. Plus, through it all, they were still friends somewhat, as much as you can be friends with your mortal enemy.

I think the thing I like least thoough is going to be Zero vs. The Black Knights. They never even heard his side of the story. If they remained on his side AND he became Emperor of Britannia then there would basically be world peace. They think it's so awful that someone with a Geass is in power? Well it was already like that, so at least Lelouch wants to be a nice guy.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I find it funny that Suzaku is called Knight Of zero.
Not Only is he the Knight of the Number 0 He is also the Knight OF Zero AKA Lelouch

If you haven't picked that up, i don't know what to say :ohwell:

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Do not read if you haven't seen the latest episode.

Just when I thought things were going to settle down, and Lelouch was going to make the world a better place, he goes and does something crazy that I don't understand....Were his intentions for taking control of the UFN really evil?

And now he's the enemy of the UFN and Schneizel?

EDIT: wow, how could I forget to mention THAT NUNALLY IS FREAKIN ALIVE....wtf.

Miharu

Smash Hero
22 was rather interesting.

I want to see Jeremiah degeass Nunally, and the results of said degeassing (lol).

Guess Kallen x Lelouch just wasn't meant to be.

Suzaku tearing **** up. Also, Schniezel and Cornelia are perfect examples of why one would not want older siblings (using Nunally as a puppet to manipulate Lelouch :[).

3 more weeks.

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
All I have to say about that episode is lol at Nunaly being alive. I'm really interested in how Lelouch and Suzaku will act now. Lelouch can handle the world, I'm sure of that. My only concern is if he can handle Nunally.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I really don't get Lelouch's plan to just be as evil as possible. I thought he was pulling a good-guy masterstroke by having Britannia join the united nations , then he's just like HAHA BY THE WAY I AM EVIL, LELOUCH THE HYPNO-SLAUGHTERER.

The thing about "My rule will be so bloody that Euphemia's genocide will be erased from history." There is probably an easier way.

Also, seeing Suzaku wreck those Knights was awesome. Also for some reason Lloyd is like buddies with Lelouch. I guessd that's from Suzaku though.

Also in a way Lelouch really has set himself up to fulfill his ultimate wish, to create a world to be perfect for Nunally. When Schenizel says "hey how about Nunally here becomes emperor instead of a jerk like you?" after the initial shock and taking a bunch of precautions his answer should just be "okay then."

But I really hope Lelouch's "I must take the blame for everythig and make myself look as bad as possible" thing gets a good explanation. It's annoying that it drives the plot so much.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
ok, geass is very good anime, but recently they have been in over thier head, some of these plot twists are just too much, IMO.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Very interesting episode and even though I hate the direction it has been going and I think it will only get worse I still find it very fun to watch. It's just too over the top now and there is no turning back
but at least Sayoko is still alive.

Last edited:

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'm starting to dislike Zero..And his purpose.

Alas, the show must go on. It's not like I'll stop watching it. Best anime ever in my book.

Top Bottom