• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

clowsui and Doctor X present Conservative Christmas Concoction! [12/20 Pound4 Rules!]

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This is at Dr. X's place, correct?

cuz I think this is the anniversary of something...

clowsui

Smash Legend
@OS: If Dr. X gets the okay then yes, it's at his place.

Also is it the anniversary of last year's tourney!? XD

OMGGGGG IT'S THE ANNIVERSARY OF LAST YEAR'S TOURNEY!!!!!!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's in Cincinnati, OH. The address might change because the venue is either Clowsui's or Dr. X's. Dr. X's allows for more room, so we're waiting on confirmation if he wants to host it there (Shadows over camelot!!!!!!!)

clowsui

Smash Legend
umm it'll probably work out that we won't have a cap.

in the worst case scenario it'll be at arcade legends (supposing i can get the venue)

edit: thanks os =)

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Yeah, I would just say yes but the thing is... it's my mom's house, and when I first asked her I didn't know that there would be like... 30 people interested.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Whoever is hosting it, have a venue fee. For serious. Charge like $3 or something so you get a little extra cash for Christmas time AND we get setups.

Count

Smash Champion
Whoever is hosting it, have a venue fee. For serious. Charge like $3 or something so you get a little extra cash for Christmas time AND we get setups.
QFT.

I don't see any problem whatsoever with a TO making profit. They put the work/time into the tournament, they deserve a bit of profit. Can't wait for this :), haven't seen most of Ohio in quite a while!

clowsui

Smash Legend
Dr. X and I are charging 5$ venue fee to:
1. Pay for curry
2. Pay for our entries
3. Get people to bring setups (we'll reduce to 0$)

Anything that's left gets put back into the pot, to avoid any nojoes scandals.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
**** nojoes. Put that money in your pocket and treat yourself to chinese food.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
@OS: If Dr. X gets the okay then yes, it's at his place.

Also is it the anniversary of last year's tourney!? XD

OMGGGGG IT'S THE ANNIVERSARY OF LAST YEAR'S TOURNEY!!!!!!!
haha, i was gonna surprise you all with this :p

This is why I've been wanting to get to this so much, haha, I'll let you all know when I know whether or not I'll be able to make it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't think this'd be the best tournament to drive to anyway. It's meant to be a small house tournament, I believe. :)

clowsui

Smash Legend
too bad it changed into a crazy MI/IN/KY/OH thing rofl

it'll have ~32 people i guess, i'm not feeling up to eliminating in pools. it all depends on # of setups

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah, driving 2 and half each way for tym is hard enough, (well the drive back moreso). 4hours there and back the same day would just plain SUCK.

arcadelegends

Smash Cadet
umm it'll probably work out that we won't have a cap.

in the worst case scenario it'll be at arcade legends (supposing i can get the venue)

edit: thanks os =)
Even though we are the "worst case scenario" I'd love to have you guys here on the 20th. I'll even lower the venue fee to $7 ($4 if you bring a setup and are on the list to bring a setup). We shouldn't need any more than 8 setups for a tourney this size. I have 4 myself. I've sent a message to Clowsui about it so if you guys want it here, it's here. You guys will pretty much have the place to yourselves. I wouldn't expect more than 3 or 4 random people to show up that day. We normally open at 2pm on Sunday but I could open at Noon.

clowsui

Smash Legend
WOW i definitely did not expect this outcome at ALL.

if you could open up at noon that'd be nice.

steve if you don't mind i'm going to take the initiative and say that this tournament is now at AL.

Please post in this thread to register! I am expecting around 32 people at this point but if I should be expecting any more YOU MUST POST!!!!!! This is important for our tournament!!!!!

Also, our feature event:

CINCINNATI VS. KENTUCKY CREW BATTLE
A rematch from last year, only cut down by 3 people for an 8v8.

WHO WILL WIN THIS BOUT?!

If not enough KY people come we'll have other ppl.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Who all is in the Cincinnati crew? (puts him self out there hoping to be one of the 8)

clowsui

Smash Legend
@Sai:

IDK, that's up to OS to decide since he was our captain last year too, unless OS doesn't want to captain.

@WTP:

I'll see what I can do to get housing. Most likely you will have to ask one of the Springfield guys but again I'm not sure AT ALL.

SEVERAL POINTS OF INTEREST FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO COME OR WHO HAVE ALREADY CONFIRMED:

12:00-12:15 - Registration for Doubles Begins
12:30 - 3:15 Doubles Elimination Bracket
(2:45 Singles Registration Begins)
3:30 - 5:30 Singles Pools Play
5:45 - 10:00 Singles Bracket Play

You see this schedule? The OP is updated too btw. But you see this schedule? Notice how there's 15 minutes for doubles reg? Yeah, this is because we need people to confirm before hand. Me + Dr. X's house, so we'll be lenient about this but still. PLEASE tell us.

POST WHETHER YOU'RE COMING OR NOT. PLEASE.

I have planned for 8 setups, but what would be REALLY nice is if we had 10. Ohio + MI normally churn out 8 on their own, + IN would probably be 10. Don't slack just because we basically have 4 already. I know it's a huge inconvenience to those driving if we have extra but seriously, the sooner we get this thing done the sooner we can do fun side events. PLEASE BRING SETUPS!

Another scheduling thing for this:

PLEASE. TAKE. ONLY. TWO. SMOKE. BREAKS. PER POOL!

PLEASE. TAKE. ONE. SMOKE. BREAK. FOR. EVERY. THREE ROUNDS!

It SUCKS to have tournies delayed because of smoke breaks (looking at you, Lain; Judge has abided by this rule quite well on his own so thank you Nick. Tako and Q as well, though they're not coming to this probably). Furthermore the venue closes at/around TEN UNLIKE LAST FEW TIMES. PLEEASSEEEE ABIDE BY THE SMOKING RULE!!!!!!

At the door there will be a clipboard/notepad + pen. Please sign your smash name/real name and your number. If you happen to be late for your match, we will have one of a few designated callers call you.

TL,DR: Time is of the essence for this tournament. Bring setups, pre-reg, be smart about smoke breaks, stay near, and we'll have fun.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm the crew captain cuz I have the santa hat!

(any other crew captains should also purchase a santa hat)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Crews at this point are looking unlikely due to the early closing time that I just got from the venue guy. Sorry guys! I was a little pre-emptive. But if we have 10 setups it's still possible, hint hint.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I'm fine with AL as long as I'm considered a TO and don't have to pay the venue fee. >.<

I'll volunteer my laptop for tio. :O

I still have to clear it but if we go over we can probably finish the tournament at my mom's house. It's about 15 minutes up the road.

Also I wanna get people to play shadows over camelot. :O

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Cool I'm on the attendance list even though I have no idea whether or not I'm coming to this (probably am though). If Scribbs is coming.....which I don't think is happening....I'll ride down with Dayton. Otherwise, I'm on my own, but that should still work out.

Anyway, it'd be nice if everything could be moved to someone's house after the arcade closed, and crews/finals/etc could be played. And can crews be Cincinnati vs The World so I can play for KY?

clowsui

Smash Legend
@OS: I felt as though this was a great opportunity to use the AL venue, honestly. The venue fee thing is probably a big hassle, but there's sufficient interest at this point to move to the arcade. I know a lot of people want room and stuff at a tournament, so having it at AL is good for that. Not to mention that we haven't hosted at AL in a long time, and keeping it at AL will help us keep the tournament going at a very good pace due to the time constraints.

HOWEVER, I understand that from our standpoint AL needs us more than we need them, so if enough people don't want this at AL we can try it at a different venue. I stand firmly by this venue though; I think it's great even for a 32 man event...the biggest trouble really is the venue fee, but Jesse runs a business so I can understand (though there are many people on budgets ><)

TL;DR If enough people want it at Dr. X's + it works out then I'll just have it at Dr. X's.

arcadelegends

Smash Cadet
I'm fine with AL as long as I'm considered a TO and don't have to pay the venue fee. >.<

I'll volunteer my laptop for tio. :O

I still have to clear it but if we go over we can probably finish the tournament at my mom's house. It's about 15 minutes up the road.

Also I wanna get people to play shadows over camelot. :O
I always let the TO in for FREE buit I though Clowsui was the TO?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
$5 venue fees are generally as much as people pay. Paying anything more just seems like a waste, especially since the venue fee at a house tournament would lead to that money being used to buy pizza and whatnot.

This tournament really won't be getting THAT many people I don't think

clowsui

Smash Legend
Steve and I are TOs XD

@OS: If interest doesn't exceed 30 within these next two days then I'll change it.

Jesse are you cool with this?

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
haha Cincinnati vs The World, it has a nice ring to it

also, if we are worried about time, lets just have it at someone's house. It will save us time from having to move to a different venue. No offense to AL since they are freaking awesome, but it seems best for everyone else's benefit.

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL Cincinnati vs. the World....let's do it?

Hmmm...I know this seems flip-floppy but I agree w/ Infern/Steve/OS x___x;

Jesse if in the end we need your venue you think it'll be open on Sunday? Honestly at this point I'm looking at less than 32 after talking to some people from OOS about it.

Top Bottom