• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close, Please, and sticky the official tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I'm just saying this but does any1 think that Pika should be in the top part of middle tier since he can 0 death fox and gimp characters when there 0%? Also being fast, strong for his weight and has pretty good techniques.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
He was originally the top of low after the abbolishment of "Garbage" tier but went up to mid as he's actually quite good and, IMO, the most evil character in Melee. I guess he could go up further though if there's enough well explained demand for it.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
*snifflez* HBox Imma have to go Yoshi on your ***....and Imma let you finish but Yoshi is the best character of all time. :(

ryuu seika

Smash Master
What is it exactly that makes Yoshi "the best character of all time"? I'm not arguing, I would just like to understand your reasoning as, though I loved Yoshi's Story when it came out and still do to this day, his appearances in other games have been subpar (though I've never played the Yoshi's Island games) and Kirby is obviously the most standout character in Melee, even if he doesn't win.

EDIT: Oops, forgot Mr.G&W, he's pretty standoutish too so Kirby may infact be second best in this regard but that is all beside the point.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yoshi is, without a doubt, the best character of all time.

Fact.

Doc King

Smash Lord
No, not even close, but the dtilt is too gud! :)

How about this for the list

Fox
Sheik
Puff

High
Marth
Falco
Peach
Falcon
IC's
Samus

Middle
Pika
Mario
Doc
Ganon
Luigi
DK

Low
Link
Mewtwo
Y. Link
Zelda
Roy
Yoshi

Bottom
G&W
Ness
Bowser
Pichu
Kirby

Unplayable
Masterhand

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
What is it exactly that makes Yoshi "the best character of all time"? I'm not arguing, I would just like to understand your reasoning as, though I loved Yoshi's Story when it came out and still do to this day, his appearances in other games have been subpar (though I've never played the Yoshi's Island games) and Kirby is obviously the most standout character in Melee, even if he doesn't win.

EDIT: Oops, forgot Mr.G&W, he's pretty standoutish too so Kirby may infact be second best in this regard but that is all beside the point.
He like the most liked character the mario series, and not to mention he wrecks **** in every smash series including SSB64. SheerMadness and Isai 's Yoshi is scary as ****, Sheer took me and someone else online and was so close to destroying both of us on teams. V3ctorMan proved Yoshi Melee worthy for beating ppl who play with higher tier characters. The only thing that stopping Yoshi in Melee and is getting him killed the most is lack of a up + B recovery. I bet if Nintendo programmed him a Up and B that will give him higher altitude he'll be a tier placement right now.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I think Pika is pretty good to be called a tourney playable character. Maybe not as good as Doc or Ganon but still pretty good.

rhan

Smash Hero
Young Link is better then Mewtwo and Zelda. ANd Link is better then DK. Other then that your list looks cool.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
@ryuu seika Marth and Shiek should be with Fox/Falco/ and Jiggs. Yoshi and Mr.G&W should be low tier other then that and the way the tier are named I agree with you.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
hbox's list is good but G&W should be bottom of low tier not top of bottom tier

oh that and jiggs should be first

Doc King

Smash Lord
Puff is definately not first and Sheik should be in Top Tier.

How about we compromise on something to make the perfect list so we don't have any complaints about the list when it's made and we can make an Official Tier list.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
there are 20 people in a desert hopelessly lost they find a car with gas who gets the car? you can't make everyone happy if somehow they all got on or in it would be wieghted down so much it couldn't go far enough to save any of them.

should i live because i'm more important?

some thing there aren't ways to help everyone without hurting everyone so much no one is happy or lives.

huMps

Smash Ace
luigi>samus other wise pretty much what I was thinking.

oh and both mewtwo and zelda are better than DK

huMps

Smash Ace
jigs/fox
falco
sheik (only cuz she ***** the low tiers a little harder than Peach and Marth)
peach/marth
captain falcon
I.C.
gannon
doc
luigi
samus
mario
pika-chu
link
mewtwo
DK
zelda/roy
Y.Link
G.W.
yoshi
ness
kirby
pichu

I'd say thats pretty much exactly right.(:

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
jigs/fox
falco
sheik (only cuz she ***** the low tiers a little harder than Peach and Marth)
peach/marth
captain falcon
I.C.
gannon
doc
luigi
samus
mario
pika-chu
link
mewtwo
DK
zelda/roy
Y.Link
G.W.
yoshi
Bowser
ness
kirby
pichu

I'd say thats pretty much exactly right.(:
You forgot Bowser. He goes somewhere towards the bottom.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
I guess I might as well put "my own" tier list, just a small edit from the one posted by hbox

Fox
Falco
Jigglypuff
Sheik
Marth

Upper
Peach
Falcon
Ice Climbers

Middle
Samus/Ganon
Doctor Mario
Luigi
Mario
Pikachu

Low
DK
Link
Zelda
Mewtwo

Bottom
G&W
Yoshi
Roy
Young Link
Bowser/Ness
Pichu
Kirby

Of course I'm not saying this must be the new tier list, just my opinion, any criticism/input welcome. I'm not sure about luigi/mario/pikachu, but I think in hbox's tier list, luigi was placed too low, and I haven't seen any justification for that. I'm considering falco a tad above jiggs for now, because I think jiggs has been overhyped a bit (he is amazing, but still)

rhan

Smash Hero
Hey rhan! i just saw ur sig... send me a FR, on xbox.. so we can get that lvl 33 of yours to a 50... ^^ well if you want of course ^^ Y-link is cool.. I remember when I ... like sorta had one.. lol (not really) XD
Haha I don't have an Xbox. I played off my bros when I lived with my mom. Now he brings it over every so often. I'll add you when I ever get back on. I suck assss in Halo. Can't get any higher then 33. :(

we been over this. I coulda swore we were doing a m2 yoshi zelda yl round robin kinda thing at pound. lol

More MM?

luigi>samus other wise pretty much what I was thinking.

oh and both mewtwo and zelda are better than DK
You must habve been smoking some sort of crack to be thinking that Luigi is better then Samus. You MUST be out your skull.

Fox
Falco
Jigglypuff
Sheik
Marth
Uh huh I like

Upper
Peach
Falcon
Ice Climbers
This is good.

Middle
Samus/Ganon
Doctor Mario
Luigi
Mario
Pikachu
Pika's a little low.. ANd it's missing Link above Mario...

Low
DK
Link
Zelda
Mewtwo
....Where's YL?

Bottom
G&W
Yoshi
Roy
Young Link
Bowser/Ness
Pichu
Kirby

Roy
Young Link
?

Roy
Young Link
?!?

Roy
Young Link
WHAT THE ****!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Thanks for the feedback.

I don't know how young link got all the way down there just above bowser :laugh:
I was also thinking pikachu might be a bit too low, but is he above mario and/or luigi? I'm not sure about the doc/luigi/mario/pika portion. About link being above mario-again I am not a professional, but I highly doubt it.

Here are the changes, with just some rushed matchup analysis.

Low
DK
Link
Young Link
Zelda
Mewtwo

Bottom
G&W
Yoshi
Roy
Bowser/Ness
Pichu
Kirby

TheGoat

Smash Ace
you can't support yl above mewtwo or zelda.

not saying he is bad or anything.
If it cannot be backed up, then you are correct. Do you have any sort of statistics or some tournie results from the characters? I'm trying to be as accurate as possible, but I'm not well versed in the knowledge of lower tiers in competitive play.

I don't know too much about mewtwo or yl or zelda, just doing my best to organize what I see as a correct tier list :)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
hey you can't make a tier list purly off of resultes, match-ups, players and etc. there are many more foxes/falcons than sheik players therefore falcon/fox has more chances to place high than sheik and falcon/fox have better eslules than sheik why is that because falcon is better or because there are few sheik players?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
true icg.

but there probably aren't more than 5 m2 zelda or yl players lol. so its equal.

low tier placement imo should be more tourney than the other factors.

but with high tiers you have to take more into account.

.@the goat-just go through tourney results. but from tourney only zelda and mewtwo have done anything notable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom