• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close, Please, and sticky the official tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

machinegungeek

Smash Apprentice
^I like this list a lot. I only have two disagreements (Falco/Jiggs, Link/DK switches) but that's to be expected and they are really minor issues. Great list!

Stevo

Smash Champion
I am looking forward to MH seeing competetive play though.

MH is not a character and doesn't work with the rules of the game.
why would you want to see master hand in competetive play?

I realise it's been 9 years and still no sequel to melee, but are we so desperate for a new character we want to watch someone plank for 8 minutes against a big white hand?

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I feel like ylink has a better projectile/run away game than M2. And his mus are much better. but ya they are reallly close. its hard to say for certain. I mean if enough ppl said M2 should be mid tier id agree. but i see more evidence that ylink is a tad better.

in the end if you have to you can literally out camp anyone with ylink. cept maybe falco on fd. any other place i feel like he can go on a nice long camp out. the match will take 7:56 of course but he has that potential.

rhan

Smash Hero
Master hand is legal in Stamina mode. But he's mad garbage.

In stocks he's godlike. Jiggs ain't got **** on him.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Jigglypuff is not going up higher for now due simply to being relatively new to top tier. If Jigglypuff manages to stay that way for a bit them maybe we can reconsider whether or not he's better than Falco but I suspect Jiggly's time in the spotlight will pass.

Link/DK I honestly don't know. I'll wait and see what others think on that.

Young Link needs to prove himself if he wants to be above Mewtwo.

MH is not a character and doesn't work with the rules of the game.
why would you want to see master hand in competetive play?
Because MH is generally terrible but should own puff so bad it'll be funny.
If there's a time for him to see play it'll been soon, now that puff is considered Top tier.

A rise in MH playing would lead to a significant drop in Puff's playability which would in turn reduce him back to unplayable once his sole good matchup was gone. It would be interesting to see though whether he'd get an outright ban during the chaos caused and whether or not he'd cause a rise in Kirby players.

rhan

Smash Hero
Alrighty. I'll MM Taj and Kaostar at Pound 5.

And take their money.

And then you'll all see.

You ALL will see....

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
ya dk/link was a hard decision. Link may prove to be better tho. not too much activity from dk these days.

and ppl underestimate the camping abilities of the links. really. if link wasnt so slow id have given the spot to him instead of dk. but dk can keep up with faster chars better than link.

Doc King

Smash Lord
It's amazing how ppl from different places have different opinions on characters.

Like on here, every1 thinks puff is top tier material, Pika is middle, Mewtwo is low, Roy is Garbage, etc.

While on the Smash Wiki, every1 thinks that Puff isn't top tier material (or not broken I should say), Pika is still low, Mewtwo is still bottom, Roy is still low, etc.

The ppl on SW are still in the 08 zone while on here, every1 is in the 10 zone where there opinions on characters has changed a lot from 08-10.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Jiggs is top tier tho. like...for sure. her spacing game is to good not to be. I dont think shes broken. but shes one of the best. lol i mean ylink and marios are SERIOUS counters for her. no joke.

rhan

Smash Hero
If you can slap your opponent in the face and live then you're pro.

Oh wait this isn't the Tekken community... Slapping *****es in the face here is easy.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Btw id like to hear why Mango thinks marth is the best in the game. and also why M2K thinks falco is the best. they may have explained that somewhere b4 if so could somebody link me to it

Geist

Smash Master
Yo why are people still talking about MH like he's a character
If people are still getting hit by him after 9 years that's just sad.

I heard about M2K thinking Falco is the best... but I have no idea why Mango would think that about Marth lol

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
marth could be the best if people relly played smart with him not trying to insult anyone here but I'm fairly surprised no one has really reached the m2k level of play. if you learned to powersheild falco's lasers and read people very well marth would be much more amazing mybe marth should take it in movement camping it works amazing with falcon maybe marth's use their range to much that it hurts them.

I could see marth being the best but his combos don't mean s*** unless he gets them off the edge or it's vs someone he can't edge gaurd.

Geist

Smash Master
marth could be the best if people relly played smart with him not trying to insult anyone here but I'm fairly surprised no one has really reached the m2k level of play. if you learned to powersheild falco's lasers and read people very well marth would be much more amazing mybe marth should take it in movement camping it works amazing with falcon maybe marth's use their range to much that it hurts them.

I could see marth being the best but his combos don't mean s*** unless he gets them off the edge or it's vs someone he can't edge gaurd.
Yeah but it's a two sided sword (no pun), you can't simply compare a smart Marth to a stupid Falco, and then say with a straight face that Marth is better.
PSing lasers isn't the endgame for Falco, it's even possible for the Falco to bait a PS and punish accordingly. However if Marth needs PSing to beat Falco, that's a severe technical handicap against his favor.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
if I powersheild a laser or predict there isn't going to be a laser I get a higher reward than falco I get grabs.

also close enough projectile beats whatever falco wants to do. however I think marth/falco are both underrated in what they could do like falco's -tilt is amaizng and most people don't use it enough marth could use more movementless range for control.

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
marth definetly needs to get played again more but it will happen in time. this game always changes haha

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
marth definetly needs to get played again more but it will happen in time. this game always changes haha
Spirit of Ken Woooo~.

Hah farfetched solution: Ask ken to have a kid and make him teach his son/daughter melee.

Pros: Prodigy :D
Cons: Will take 7-10 years IF he has the kid now, unrealistic, random.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
puff 9.9
fox 9.75
falco 9.7
sheik 9.4
marth 9.1
falcon 8.8
peach 8.75
ICs 8.4
ganon 7.8
doc 7.7
samus 7.5
mario 7.3
pikachu 6.9
zelda 6.5

ect

tiers:

Godly potential
Puff
Fox

Really broken
Falco
Sheik

Pretty broken
Marth

U got talent
Falcon
Peach

Some redeeming factors
everyone else

Peach > Captain Falcon

Better vs Falco, Sheik, and Jigglypuff than Falcon is. The only thing Falcon has on her is not having trouble vs Marth. They go even against each other.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
^ Armada says Falcon is Peach's worst match up next to fox. And if I remember correctly Falcon does a lot better against lower tiers than Peach does.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
High SHL.
Opponent Powershields
That few frames of lag allows Falco to 0-Death.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
blah blah blah, and both him and M2K think puff is broken ;)
Amsah as well,. But they only think She's broken at the top level, you and I don't know much about the level the play at. If the best players think Puff is broken at the top level then they probably have a point.

Amsah as well,. But they only think She's broken at the top level, you and I don't know much about the level the play at. If the best players think Puff is broken at the top level then they probably have a point.
MaNg0 says Jigglypuff is only 5th best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom