• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Titans 5! ~ Twitter Updates @vVv_ChiboSempai

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
Amatuer brackets should start around 11; rest of stuff at 12.

I just missed making it out....again <_<. Tin man and I had a pretty damn epic set though.

Bright side is I'm a first seed in amatuer I guess.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Get over yourselves. Ally is simply giving others a chance to succeed.

Nothing wrong with that.

Right?
He ****s up bracket...

Cause playing trolly in polls and serious in Bracket is ****ty.

We should start doing Top 1 advances in Pools, so everyone finally starts to take pools serious -.-

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
yeah, now ally has to play M2K in quarter finals of the winners bracket

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Anyone know how Tin Man and TO Joe did/are doing in the bracket? Go Canada; win this game I don't play anymore or I'm starting a riot!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol you guys are dumb.. it's like if I go Cpt.Falcon or Falco in pools just because I want to. Nothing wrong with that, you play how you like to have fun.. now stfu.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Lol you guys are dumb.. it's like if I go Cpt.Falcon or Falco in pools just because I want to. Nothing wrong with that, you play how you like to have fun.. now stfu.
This xMillion.

The "This needs to stop," lameness is just trying to create drama over nothing.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Mew2king loses 3-0 to ally, ragequits 30 seconds into delfino plaza in game 3
Damn.. sick.

>I'm the guy who got Ally first round singles because he sandbagged pools.
>I didn't mind people doing this in pools until it happened to me.
>It kind of sucks ****.
Well it was going to happen anyway, a top player is usually seeded with someone lower ranked. What do you expect?

Djent

Smash Champion
If sandbagging only affected the sandbagger, then it would be "no big deal." But when it compromises entire brackets (as it did today), then it's pretty lame. It's getting to the point where I can't even take Smash results seriously anymore, because regardless of whether it's Melee or Brawl I know someone good is going to throw matches. Not exactly a good way to ensure hyped matches and a future for your community. :glare:

EDIT: The Djent curse; almost always near the bottom of pages...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
How does getting 2nd seed affect the entire bracket? You guys are really dumb. I also get 2nd or 3rd seed at an international tournament, how does that affect the brackets? I have one more match to play regardless of who it is. The difference between 1st is that you get possibly a bye and play one less match and you are further in the brackets. ****ty players will get eliminated anyways. Getting 2nd seed is a DISADVANTAGE.

Djent

Smash Champion
How does getting 2nd seed affect the entire bracket? You guys are really dumb. I also get 2nd or 3rd seed at an international tournament, how does that affect the brackets? I have one more match to play regardless of who it is. The difference between 1st is that you get possibly a bye and play one less match and you are further in the brackets.
No, you're dumb if you think having the two best players facing off in Winner's Quarterfinals doesn't send a ****ton of good players home early. You getting 2nd or 3rd seed is different, because 1) I assume The Warrior always tries, and 2) because I haven't seen you tear through an entire losers' bracket before. Ally didn't try, and because of it, some poor ****ers got to face Mew2King earlier than they otherwise would have.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
No, you're dumb if you think having the two best players facing off in Winner's Quarterfinals doesn't send a ****ton of good players home early. You getting 2nd or 3rd seed is different, because 1) I assume The Warrior always tries, and 2) because I haven't seen you tear through an entire losers' bracket before. Ally didn't try, and because of it, some poor ****ers got to face Mew2King earlier than they otherwise would have.
So what? Winners quarters is hella far anyways. 2 good players WILL have to face at some point regardless.. especially when there's 92 players. This attitude is bull****. If you can't beat these guys then it's your fault, if you can't win then blame it on yourself to be so freaking weak. Get stronger. If not, then I don't want to hear **** about bracket johns.

Djent

Smash Champion
So what? Winners quarters is hella far anyways. 2 good players WILL have to face at some point regardless.. especially when there's 92 players. This attitude is bull****. If you can't beat these guys then it's your fault, if you can't win then blame it on yourself to be so freaking weak. Get stronger. If not, then I don't want to hear **** about bracket johns.
You're missing the point. It's not about who's weaker or stronger, it's about numerical placement actually reflecting strength. If seeding is skewed, how do you actually know the 3rd place finisher is actually the 3rd best player? He may have gotten an easier bracket than someone else who could have beaten him. This is the whole problem that seeding is supposed to eliminate. It's very disturbing when high-caliber players such as yourself display so little knowledge of bracket theory.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You guys should just run a 100 man round robin. Everyone plays everyone and then you KNOW who is the best overall. Then no johns because you actually had to play someone good in bracket.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion

You are SO stupid, srsly.
It's not about getting first.
It's about giving your best and try do get as far as possible.
But if you have to face the best player early because he joked around in pools is sooo bad.
If I would go to a tournament, get first in my Pool, and have to face M2K because he only got fourth in his pool due to joking around, I would want my money back.

It's just SOOO bad.
And no I would have the same opinion if I would be the best player of the world. It doesnt matter.
Joking around and ****ing up other peoples placement is just stupid.

You think everyone tries their best. And because of that, you take pool results to seed.
But how should you be able to take those pool results serious if they were not played serious?

You may at least realize NOW how stupid this **** really is.

Djent

Smash Champion
@ Tesh: But no one, not even the best player ever, has the mental stamina for such an ordeal. Brackets are a compromise, and for that compromise to produce accurate results, people have to care.

Djent

Smash Champion
I still can't believe that Kage the ****ing Warrior (whose dedication to his game of choice is inspiring) is okay with people just not giving a ****. Especially when he himself got 17th at RoM 3 when Mango decided to throw a match. Let me ask you this, Kage: do you think getting 17th after losing to 2 of the top 5 Melee players accurately reflected your skill at the game? I'm guessing that it didn't, and if I'm right then I've made my point.

Tesh

Smash Hero
@ Tesh: But no one, not even the best player ever, has the mental stamina for such an ordeal. Brackets are a compromise, and for that compromise to produce accurate results, people have to care.
If you enter to try to place in the money, you had better be ready to beat someone good at some point, instead of hoping you will get an easy bracket and not have to face anyone good.

If you are entering to rep your character and/or just prove yourself, you won't impress anyone for long if you just got an easy bracket. If you place 7th being nothing but randoms along the way, its not much better than placing 33rd and losing to Ally and M2K.

From what I see, none of the top 8 players were in loser's bracket round 1 so its not like anyone got majorly screwed.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You're missing the point. It's not about who's weaker or stronger, it's about numerical placement actually reflecting strength. If seeding is skewed, how do you actually know the 3rd place finisher is actually the 3rd best player? He may have gotten an easier bracket than someone else who could have beaten him. This is the whole problem that seeding is supposed to eliminate. It's very disturbing when high-caliber players such as yourself display so little knowledge of bracket theory.
Ya but you don't know that before hand. Getting 2nd seed is usually pretty bad in a tournament, it makes it HARDER to win. This all just top player bias bull**** anyways.

You are SO stupid, srsly.
It's not about getting first.
It's about giving your best and try do get as far as possible.
But if you have to face the best player early because he joked around in pools is sooo bad.
If I would go to a tournament, get first in my Pool, and have to face M2K because he only got fourth in his pool due to joking around, I would want my money back.

It's just SOOO bad.
And no I would have the same opinion if I would be the best player of the world. It doesnt matter.
Joking around and ****ing up other peoples placement is just stupid.

You think everyone tries their best. And because of that, you take pool results to seed.
But how should you be able to take those pool results serious if they were not played serious?

You may at least realize NOW how stupid this **** really is.
Not really, it's to my own discretion if I want to try or not in pools. I also sandbag sometimes because it should be too easy to beat everyone anyways.

@Djent: Ya I lost to Mango's Link and Marth so what? It means I wasn't strong enough then to beat him. I don't hold him against him for using these characters, it's his choice.. I'm totally ok with it hey I mean it's an easier matchup than Falco or Jiggs.. but I still lost. I don't care about my current skill of the game, I want to win! If I can't win vs the top players then I don't deserve to win, simple as that. I'll definitely always try to find ways to however... that should be everyone's goals but I guess the motivation is complete bull**** amongst most players.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Lololol tru fax

Yoooo what is up with canadians editing their posts

"trying to reason with kage" was so much better than "trying to change kages mind"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom