• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of Brokenness V - Where did Webster go? 5/30/09 Chicago, IL (Vid in Main Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafles

Smash Lord
The ****, $7 venue fee?
Screenz is dumb as hell.

I'm definitely coming, just found out today that I got off. Who wants to team for brawl?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
wow evanston...im like down the street from evanston
Oh sweet. I'm like 2 blocks from South if you know where that is, also like a block from Chicago St.

Haha, I'm in Evanston too. Anybody want to play some melee this weekend?
I would, but I don't play Melee haha.

Im down...I live near devon and ridge..how far are you from there?
Oh that's not tooo far from me.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Is there a list of people who will be attending the Brawl/Melee/SF4 tournaments? I'm definitely willing to go, but I'll only be able to go if my friends become interested in going for Melee.

Sadly, if I can go, I doubt I'll be able to bring recording equipment. I'll do my best to bring a setup though.

One last question: How late do you guys expect the Brawl Singles tournament to finish, with brackets starting from 5-6?

@Arty+Shintarru+Xyless: I really hope I get to play you guys in friendlies and not just tournament matches lol.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
mm Ganon dittos anyone? Not Eddie though, if he's going and sees this. Screw that.
Edit: Melee only, fools. Duh, lol

Xyless

Smash Master
Holy crap metroid is coming?! I've been meaning to play you ever since my epic failure against you last tourney we were at together.

You're on!

byron

Smash Apprentice
Im down for melee singles. I might do teams if I can find a partner.
I dont know who would want to team with me ive never teamed with anybody before. :confused:

I want to bring a setup but im a bit nervus. last time zjiin said some c0cksucker stole a wii or something. NOT COOL:mad: If I do bring a set up im bringing protection as well.

YOU'LL GET NO SYMPATHY FROM ME!:psycho:

.............................mabey I can borrow my friends ka bar.

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
Im down for melee singles. I might do teams if I can find a partner.
I dont know who would want to team with me ive never teamed with anybody before. :confused:

I want to bring a setup but im a bit nervus. last time zjiin said some c0cksucker stole a wii or something. NOT COOL:mad: If I do bring a set up im bringing protection as well.

YOU'LL GET NO SYMPATHY FROM ME!:psycho:

.............................mabey I can borrow my friends ka bar.

Bring a setup for melee, if anybody is going to steal they're not going to pick-off a gamecube, and its pretty hard to walk off with a TV.

byron

Smash Apprentice
Bring a setup for melee, if anybody is going to steal they're not going to pick-off a gamecube, and its pretty hard to walk off with a TV.
I dont have a gamecube only a wii.

you do have a point but the thing is I have to take 2 trains to get to the tourney. and im going to put the tv in a giant suitcase. what if I run into some crazy person and they try to mug me on the street? every time I come to the city I end up running into some hobo or a crack head. Im not a very trusting person when it comes to MY STUFF. in fact, I dont trust people with my stuff at all.

sure its rare to be robbed at the tourney but what about OUTSIDE THE TOURNEY?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Holy crap metroid is coming?! I've been meaning to play you ever since my epic failure against you last tourney we were at together.

You're on!
Gah I'm so out of practice, but I'll try not to get owned when you play at your best lol.

So... what is the estimated turnout for Brawl and Melee singles, and how many setups will be there for both? Also, how long will the tournament run until?

By the way, it is confirmed that I can go and I will be bringing a setup for Brawl! But... where's the best place to park? I've read a lot of people complaining about the lack of non-metered parking around Screenz.

EDIT: I'm really bad at remembering faces, so if I don't recognize you, sorry in advance and please don't kill me :(.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Hey Me14k I'm on the way to the venue...you should drive me lol. I'll know in like 2 days whether or not I can be there for doubles, so if anyone wants a partner I need one too :laugh:

Meneks

Smash Lord
I dont have a gamecube only a wii.

you do have a point but the thing is I have to take 2 trains to get to the tourney. and im going to put the tv in a giant suitcase. what if I run into some crazy person and they try to mug me on the street? every time I come to the city I end up running into some hobo or a crack head. Im not a very trusting person when it comes to MY STUFF. in fact, I dont trust people with my stuff at all.

sure its rare to be robbed at the tourney but what about OUTSIDE THE TOURNEY?
If you are really worried that you might get robbed you are Not Required to bring a full set up.

You really don't have to.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Yay Metroid's coming!!
You better still main your pwnage Ike!!!!
Yeah, I still main Ike exclusively :p. I want to play your Falco again, those matches last time were too fun.

So... again, what's the estimated turn out, how long will this last, and where is the best place to park?

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
So... again, what's the estimated turn out, how long will this last, and where is the best place to park?
lol, at COB3, i asked the same thing and everyone said it would be done by midnight. It wasn't, to say the least (from what i remember). I'm pretty sure about 50ppl on average go to each one (this one might be bigger since a lot of ppl are off school now, I believe). You can park at some parking lot close by; I think there's info in the opening post about it (otherwise, idk).

judge!

Smash Ace
turn out depends. with school being out mostly, and trophyes being offered turnout wil be much better but normally 50-60

clowsui

Smash Legend
I'm gonna try and make it to this...see if I can get a college visit in or something while I'm at it (aka not enter doubles and then come back after my college visit)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Just as a note, Omniswell and I can be the TOs for TvC again this time. But I no longer have a Wii capable of running it (my wii broked ;_;).

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
SP that is fine.

TvC has a start time of about 4PM, so by then I should have a back up system for Naruto, since is on one Wii, I can give you guys my Wii to run TvC in. I can also bring my Wii Sticks in case some people want to play on those instead of the controllers. I will also bring a couple Classic Controllers in case you guys need them. TvC in Chicago has been getting some nice competition lately, so it should be fun to see how this tournament goes since it was not in the line up last month. ^_^

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
I'd still need to pay for the venue fee : ( and food.
Besides going to a tourney and not participating is not my thing.
don't tell them you're playing friendlies just say you're watching and if you really want i can let you say you brought my set up sense i'm a t.o. anyways and get free venue for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom