• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of Brokenness V - Where did Webster go? 5/30/09 Chicago, IL (Vid in Main Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyless

Smash Master
Hope I have time for the tourney (finals and final presentation of our game is a week or two after), but if I do, better believe I'm entering with Mewtwo!

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Im trying to get discounts for a lot of things here, also I am setting up a live feed for Melee upstairs in their usual room.

This way Melee players can commentate and show their tournament online. lol

Should be fun. I will have the trophies for Smash by this weekend.

Moozle

Smash Champion
If I can come I can bring a setup. Is there anything specific that I need to bring other than the wii and game? I don't have replay hacks or anything like that :(

Quaz

Smash Master
I think it'll be okay at screenz.. I'll just come early in the morning or something so I can snatch a parking spot fast enough lol.

btw I want melee friendlies so I can get my samus better at doing tricks. Maybe I'll get special lessons from zjiin to be the trix master.

Zjiin

Smash Master
btw I want melee friendlies so I can get my samus better at doing tricks. Maybe I'll get special lessons from zjiin to be the trix master.

Miyagi says: The road for tricks is a long and difficult one. You must first learn patience, and accept defeat before humiliating your opponents.

Quaz

Smash Master
hey. I just got done the other day from losing to Zack152 Hotstuff's falcon with samus like 1 billion times. I'm getting there.

plus. I can powershield fully charged Bs that were caped by mario back at me, I have potential, I swear!

Zeu$

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to come to this, anyone near the south suburbs? I need a ride. also hit me with them mm's.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'll be taking money matches as well. Hit me up there, since i wont remember most of the ones proposed here.

Also, Bring Setups!

It doesn't take a genius to know that Melee's $5 entry goes a LOT easier without the $7 venue fee which you dont have to pay if you bring a setup!!!! (setup = tv + system + game)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm definitely going to this now that I'm done with school. I can bring a Wii, Cube, Brawl, Melee, Recording Device, and a laptop w/ mic for commentary (to upload later, not live stream). Could I get my venue fee waived for those extra items? I mean, it's pretty much everything except a TV.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
hey noobs, come to our tournament at purdue instead. It is only 2 hours from chi-town, and you can hitch a ride with one of us. You can also take the amtrak, and we will pick you up from the station. Housing is free and available for everyone.

We will have trail and cunning(ownd), and a good turnout of around 20+ people. They make any tournament way better, and its melee only do you don't have to deal with barwl scrubs(see damians sig).

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=160251

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
expected turnout is expected.

also i said 2 hours not a few, lawl.

dude its trail and cunning come on. they are smash legends and just make tournies the ****. i mean trail is just ****ing pro and hysterical, and he makes epic posts and owns scrubs. cunning just 4 stocks everyone and your mom, and talks with big word power over 9000. ownd. come on get with it kids.

Zjiin

Smash Master
First of all, I think i'm a pretty good sport about not going into other tournament threads and advertizing against it, which i can certainly change, but it's pretty douche move.

Second, you can tell Ckitten i said so, but as far as tournament placings and attendance, Cunning is far from the best show in town. Kels, Khepri, Bigy, Eddie, etc, etc attend these, which is about as good as the compitition gets. Cunning is awesome, but he rarely even enters purdue tourneys.

Third, again, stop posting about other competing tournaments.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
First of all, I think i'm a pretty good sport about not going into other tournament threads and advertizing against it, which i can certainly change, but it's pretty douche move.

Second, you can tell Ckitten i said so, but as far as tournament placings and attendance, Cunning is far from the best show in town. Kels, Khepri, Bigy, Eddie, etc, etc attend these, which is about as good as the compitition gets. Cunning is awesome, but he rarely even enters purdue tourneys.

Third, again, stop posting about other competing tournaments.
haha sorry man. I was just playing around, i <3 u and chi-town smashers. you make all good points, i was just being silly. i doubt anyone would come to the purdue tournament anyway cuz it is far away and random.

Moozle

Smash Champion
About how long are brawl singles expected to go? Also anyone in Northern suburbs feel free to drive me :laugh:

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Main Post was edited with a Video of the tournaments.

There will be 2 more Promo videos with two more different songs leading up to the Championship Event... now enjoy... ^_^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom