• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
That MU is winnable. Its not even a terrible MU I just have little MK experience. I did better against him this time even with no MK exp since that last tourney. I just need to know the MU inside in out. Yes its a tough MU. But it is winnable. ROB punishes nado and Shuttle loop pretty well. Also once ROB is about 80% he doesn't get juggled nearly as bad.
After 80% is when he starts killing us.

Bees!

Smash Ace
After 80% is when he starts killing us.
Not with good DI. or if he catches us playing unsafe offstage. But generally ROB lives until at least 160-170 most of the time. Considering that the toughest part of the MU seems to be getting juggled. Take that away and its still bad just not nearly as bad. Its definitely winnable.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i did terrible at a tourney this weekend. =[ i get discouraged reeeeeeeally easily. anyone know what to do about that

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Just have fun. It's a game after all. I treat tourney matches fairly equal to friendlies; I do my best not to think about stakes.

Bees!

Smash Ace
i did terrible at a tourney this weekend. =[ i get discouraged reeeeeeeally easily. anyone know what to do about that
Dude! You are Stingers goddammit!
you beat Tearbear
the same tearbear who took 2nd at Supercon by beating X, Mikehaze and Tyrant!

You are an amazing smasher!

Dont be so discouraged :(

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I remember what I'm playing for.
I quit playing for myself.
I'm playing for a character that's been kicked around and disrespected for about 2 years now. I'm playing to maybe give players who get discouraged with rob the idea that he CAN "do it." (no pun! lmao xD) But yeah, when I'm down, I just search for something to play for. Seems to give me more drive that way.
Some times all it takes is seeing that cute a$$ robot raise the roof or hug another bot.

Yeah, I'm so lame >.>

Also, what Bees said.
You've proven your worth (which isn't even required) so I hope you are less focused about each and every performance but instead on what went wrong for you, is it fixable, and if you got anything out of your lashings.
Regardless how you do, you aren't in this alone. We, unlike a lot of character boards, actually have a community. And a beeptastic, welcoming one at that =3

tl;dr...
cheer up young chap!
because we beepin <3 you.
=]

Bees!

Smash Ace
I really wish I could meet everyone on the ROB boards. The only people I have met so far was Sudai <3 and Kiraflax also <3.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol I know exactly what I did wrong. I knew what I was doing wrong while I was doing it. I just didn't have the heart/will to win

Stockfield

Smash Champion
lol I know exactly what I did wrong. I knew what I was doing wrong while I was doing it. I just didn't have the heart/will to win
Dude me too, after I lost to Ilove I just didn't feel like playing anymore. I mean I lost to KSK.....like really plain dumb. Plus it was so late and I just kinda gave up halfway through the set.

It's whatever, I just hope the next tourney starts sooner, so I don't get so tired and play badly.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Weird thing is...I found that video just the other day by looking around for vids of Xyro's Samus on youtube.
lol weird how some things keep popping up.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I so had Fishbait the last game he CPd Japes. And there was under a minute to go and I had a 60%+ lead on the last stock. Also I had only grabbed the ledge half a dozen times. He could not get in and come 10-20 seconds I could have just flown to the sky and timed him out. But I got hit by the clap trap, but I DId it and as I was surfacing in the water it got me again. So GGs
This is what happened to me this weekend so at least you weren't the only person who had a rough tourney

Bees!

Smash Ace
Yes he is. He plays Lucario and MK. I generally don't have an issue with his MK and I am sure I can beat his Lucario(will attempt to prove so next time I play him in tourney) I just made a wrong move while planking and didn't pay attention to the clap trap. Won't happen again I will make sure of it.
But ya Fishbait has a really good Lucario. I just know the Lucario MU really well because my dubs partner mains Lucario too. Which makes it a little easier.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Stingers, play FFAs with items on, banned stages only. It's the only thing that ever got me out of my super discouraged state mid tourney.
Playing Falcon also does it for me.
Maybe I'm just longing to be manlier.
xD

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Ordering some sort of shirt or hoodie... opinions plox?
One of these shirts

One of these hoodies

The back of both hoodies would look like this.

Possibility of getting both the shirt and one of the hoodies too.

I could still change some of it. I was thinking of getting a deeper maroon for the gyro possibly
Where did you find that cubone....I want to find a kirby to put on a hoodie (the back) and Put TKO over it but I cant find a good enough kirby

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Congrats fellow ROBs...wish I went to a tourney this weekend but my car had brake issues which is why I didn't make it to Chu's (not that I would have done anything noteworthy).

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Where did you find that cubone....I want to find a kirby to put on a hoodie (the back) and Put TKO over it but I cant find a good enough kirby
If you don't have anyone that you think could draw a suitable one and scan it then check out photobucket, deviantart, and maybe even google image search.

Ordered one of those white japanese controllers yesterday and its expected to be here tommorow. Best of all the shipping was free! I wish everything shipped this quick

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Here it is, a preliminary Project M ROB, featuring airdashing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYLZfKKNf64

Here's the way it works (currently; it's subject to change of course): Up-B and side-B have been replaced with airdashes, short vertical/horizontal bursts. You get 3 bursts per airtime, and they recharge the same way Brawl ROB's up-B recharges, by standing on solid ground (though we may allow ROB to get 1 burst back if he gets hit when he has 0). They have 7 frames of startup and 7 frames of cooldown, and you can cancel them after the startup frames into an aerial or airdodge.

I used to liken ROB to Peach. An item projectile (and the rare ability to do aerials while holding said item), an amazing recovery/survivability, a great gtfo dsmash, a fair lack of kill power (but not too lacking), and a generally camping/aerial-based combat strategy (with obvious differences like ROB's stronger offstage game and Peach's stronger approach game).

Now in my opinion he's moved closer to Yoshi in the recovery department. In Brawl he could float around offstage all day on one tank of gas and have no problems making it back. With the 3 bursts, his offstage game is a lot more fragile. It typically takes 2-3 bursts + your double jump to make it. So his recovery is like Yoshi's in the sense that it's solid distance-wise and difficult to intercept (moreso than Yoshi's), but if he screws up or gets hit, he's dead at any %.

Seems vastly different from Brawl, but this ain't Brawl. I was very skeptical at first because of how risky it made his offstage game, which is pretty much what defined ROB in Brawl, but I'm really starting to love it. It does wonders for ROB's approach game and overall speed while making his recovery riskier (but still above average due to how difficult it is to intercept), and best of all it's just crazy fun. Sounds like a well-done Meleefication of a formerly undeniably Brawlish character to me.

Now I have some more ideas for ROB:M, and I'd love to get input from you guys as well. I think the airdashes would be better with more startup and less endlag. I want it to be balanced and not totally centralize his game. It's kinda stupid fast right now and unless your opponent predicts it, it's really difficult to stop a side-B->fair low to the ground, so this would allow your opponent a little more time to react (just a few frames, nothing crazy. Gotta be able to compete with the likes of Melee Fox remember :p). The endlag reduction would help the move flow better. Most of the time you cancel the airdash with an aerial or airdodge before it ends, but when you're trying to do airdashes in succession, the endlag kills the momentum and feels kind of jarring, so I'm hoping an endlag reduction would help make it feel better.

Fair is going to be a very highly used move. I think a slight damage reduction might be appropriate. Also, I'd like to see the weak hit last a few frames longer and send at a lower angle with less KB, to complement his gimp game which has taken a hit with the new up-B.

Nair has pitiful killing power by Melee standards. It also does strangely low damage (10%), so I was thinking just up the damage by a few %, which in turn will upgrade it's killing power.

Dtilt I was thinking could work somewhat like Marth's dtilt, to set up techchases for ROB's airdash. I don't think it should scrape sweetspotted recoveries off the ledge. Down-angled ftilt should do that.

Dthrow may be fine how it is, but uthrow should kill better.

As you may have noticed, the momentum stalling function has been removed from the startup of dair. Should make it easier to land, but sadly you can no longer angry stomp or walk-off->dair->walk-back-on without jumping. I still need to play around with it more how it is now to see if it's acutally more useful, but it's been hard to adjust to so far. Reverting it or changing it differently is always an option.

Bair still works like Brawl though. As it should.

I don't think anything else has been changed or discussed much. Tell me what you think. Input away!

Top Bottom