• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^ Wouldn't that qualify as copyright infringement? The green shirts do look good though.

Anyways, I'm doing a Project M livestream tonight with a couple buddies and it will be the official unveiling of the new ROB, so I hope some of you guys come check it out. I'll post a link here when we get started.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
yea dw, i do the same thing.

had a R.O.B. cake my birthday before last

it was beeptastic xD

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Hey guys. Rob is really fun to use. :D

Pass the salt?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Robots don't use salt. Even if we had taste buds, the grains would get into bad places and **** up our insides.
Oh, i wasn't talking about Rob eating, so much as the other way around.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Streams:
[collapse=<font color="orange" size="3"><b>JCaesar's:</b></font>]<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="400" height="320" id="utv755362"><param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=true&amp;brand=embed&amp;cid=1959033&amp;locale=en_US"/><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/live/1/1959033"/><embed flashvars="autoplay=true&amp;brand=embed&amp;cid=1959033&amp;locale=en_US" width="400" height="320" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" id="utv755362" name="utv_n_60165" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/live/1/1959033" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object><embed width="400" height="320" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="channelId=1959033&brandId=1&channel=#jcaesar-brawl&server=chat1.ustream.tv&locale=en_US" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/irc.swf" allowfullscreen="true" />[/collapse]
<freaking ten chars

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Streams:
[collapse=<font color="orange" size="3"><b>JCaesar's:</b></font>]<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="400" height="320" id="utv755362"><param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=true&amp;brand=embed&amp;cid=1959033&amp;locale=en_US"/><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/live/1/1959033"/><embed flashvars="autoplay=true&amp;brand=embed&amp;cid=1959033&amp;locale=en_US" width="400" height="320" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" id="utv755362" name="utv_n_60165" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/live/1/1959033" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object><embed width="400" height="320" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="channelId=1959033&brandId=1&channel=#jcaesar-brawl&server=chat1.ustream.tv&locale=en_US" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/irc.swf" allowfullscreen="true" />[/collapse]
<freaking ten chars
My gosh!

<freaking ten chars

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Oh man, rob looks so sexy in Project Melee. Thx for the show, JCz ^_^

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ok, got back from my tournament yesterday
i failed miserably, i had a bad day with my hands because of how typical it could be and so even trying to short hop b-air (ike) is impossible. FML

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
That sucks, G-p. I don't know much about that sort of condition you have but do you try to accomodate for it with a different control scheme? Also, I wonder if using a nunchuck would help... since it might not involve as much muscle movement.

And for my back-airs and fairs (when im not using c-stick), I like to hit Y and A in one fluid motion. So basically all im doing is sliding my thumb down my controller instead of lifting it from Y and pressing it again for A. If that might help, try it. =]

----------------------

Who else had a tournament?
I know Leisha beeped it up in Aussie <beep!3 ^__^

I couldn't go anywhere due to having to redo my bedroom (ugh, im not good with change either). My dad is at a point where he can't really do any heavy lifting or walk very far, so I ended up doing most of the work to a room I didn't want changed in the first place. Idc if the new bedroom furniture is "better," I like what I'm used to. I like seeing it how I grew up in it =/ but i'm a loser like that xD And I watched JCz livestream of proj M while I took apart my bed. My dad kept looking over at my computer wondering where all that noise was coming from haha.

edit:
p.s.

HAPPY BEEPDAY, TIN MAN! =]

Heartstring

Smash Legend
That sucks, G-p. I don't know much about that sort of condition you have but do you try to accomodate for it with a different control scheme? Also, I wonder if using a nunchuck would help... since it might not involve as much muscle movement.

And for my back-airs and fairs (when im not using c-stick), I like to hit Y and A in one fluid motion. So basically all im doing is sliding my thumb down my controller instead of lifting it from Y and pressing it again for A. If that might help, try it. =]
for controls sceme, i have c-stick set to attack for ike and smash everyone else, sadly an inherent problem of the A-stick means that by pressing diagonally makes me n-air, so i often accidentally nair when trying to momentum cancel and die TT_TT
as for using aerial's. i TRY to do the flowing from y>a thing, but so often i missed the A button, and trying to C-stick, i cant move my thumb from Y to the Cstick fast enogh to autocancel the b-air with it. so, lose-lose

Sudai

Stuff here
Don't slide your finger, roll it. Put the ball of your thumb on A and the tip on Y. Roll forward to jump, back for As, and left for Bs. Makes everything too easy.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
yeah, try that too. I just find it easier sliding just because it is one motion.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I just got back from a house tourney yesterday. I got 4th. I lost to DTL (MK) 0-2 in Winners and Fishbait(Lucario) 1-2 in losers.
I so had Fishbait the last game he CPd Japes. And there was under a minute to go and I had a 60%+ lead on the last stock. Also I had only grabbed the ledge half a dozen times. He could not get in and come 10-20 seconds I could have just flown to the sky and timed him out. But I got hit by the clap trap, but I DId it and as I was surfacing in the water it got me again. So GGs

Anyways I am going to upload a set of a tournament I went to in August in the Video thread if any ROBs who have a lot of MK exp can give me advice on what I need to do and what I am doing wrong? That would be appreciated.

Bees!

Smash Ace
youre using r.o.b vs. mk thats what going wrong
regardless well done
That MU is winnable. Its not even a terrible MU I just have little MK experience. I did better against him this time even with no MK exp since that last tourney. I just need to know the MU inside in out. Yes its a tough MU. But it is winnable. ROB punishes nado and Shuttle loop pretty well. Also once ROB is about 80% he doesn't get juggled nearly as bad.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I saw that! I love that spike fake that Favre did though. After he pulled that off, I kind of wanted Minnesota to win. but w/e

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I saw that! I love that spike fake that Favre did though. After he pulled that off, I kind of wanted Minnesota to win. but w/e
out of all the meme rob avis here yours is far superior*round of applause*

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I went to a local tournament yesterday, and did pretty bad placing wise. I beat a random DK/MK with my day 2 Diddy Kong round 1. I had to face Lain round 2, brought him to game 3. I lost to his IC's game one as ROB because I accidently buffered a nair offstage thinking I had a jump, and it was really close too. Game 2 was silly, I CP'd him to Frigate and stayed ROB, he went MK, he suicided his first stock trying to SL me offstage, when he came back, he hit me onto one of those moving platforms that come in and out, and I tripped on it trying to return to the stage and died. I legit took his second stock, and my second stock was lost when the stage flipped as I was recovering high and it threw me off the top, but then he accidently tornado'd off the stage and died, lol. Dumbest match ever. Game 3, he took my ROB to BF as IC's and 2 stocked me because I wasn't expecting him to CG spike me twice. :/ After all of that though, he told me my ROB is really good, and he was shaky going IC's game 3 because my spacing was scaring him, lol. He also told me it was the most nervewracking set for him of the day, even though he won the whole thing. :)

In losers, I had to face Genosamus, a Samus player(obv) and lost a really close set, but I was Dedede. I wish I could go back and play ROB game 3. :( I've realized I should put a lot more trust in my ROB, because I'm actually really good with him, and my Dedede feels like he's getting worse. :( Dedede's so fat and was just combo fodder against Samus. I couldn't get in for a grab either, because every time I'd powershield everything, he'd drop onto the ledge, and if I followed him off, I'd get spiked. It was not fun. :/

Overall, I got 17th out of 28. I still don't know what it's like to get higher than 17th in a tournament, except the one 4th place I got out of 6 people, lol. I've definitely been improving lately, and I hope to do much better from here on out.

In doubles, I teamed with my roommate, Kappy, and we went ROB/Kirby most of the time. Our team name was BEN Drowned, and we used the tags BEN and DRWND. :laugh: We ended up getting 4th out of I think 8 teams. We lost to Arty/Sago in winners, and Lain/GIO in losers. I went Dedede in at least one game in both of those sets, because all the MK's were ****ing my ROB up, and I just stock tank so much better with Dedede.

So yay ROB. :) Sorry for wall of text.

Top Bottom