• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
that looks pretty cool jcaeser. I think it should have a hitbox on the back where his jets are though. sort of like a lil mini 0.5% multiple hitboxes throughout thing.

what happens if you side b on the ground btw

Sudai

Stuff here
that looks pretty cool jcaeser. I think it should have a hitbox on the back where his jets are though. sort of like a lil mini 0.5% multiple hitboxes throughout thing.
I was thinking similar when I watched the stream, but iunno, might make it too good for running away. Unless they're insignificant in which case, why have them? Maybe if they have no hitstun.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
During his time in the tornado, he DI'd and a hit missed him. He was able to make a U-air come out in time to hit MK during tornado.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Nono, he DI'd down and got Invincibility frames from wall teching off the side of the stage, giving him an opportunity to trade tornado with Upair, then Upaired again.

Pro.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Nah, it'd be more along the lines of that DTL would have messed up the Tornado to not make the hit connect. But it's not :<

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Ugh this thread went back to Bawrl fast...

what happens if you side b on the ground btw
I was thinking similar when I watched the stream, but iunno, might make it too good for running away. Unless they're insignificant in which case, why have them? Maybe if they have no hitstun.
I actually meant to mention that in my wall o' text. The idea was tossed around, just needs to be coded and tried out. I'm not sure it should be any more than a no-flinch hitbox though or it might get kinda silly, airdashing back and forth through people on the ground. Whether he gets it or not, it's not gonna make much of a difference, but it might be a neat little addition I guess.

Side-B on the ground just does a normal airdash, except you're on the ground so you can't get an aerial out before you land. You can however wavedash out of it. That's something I need to play around with more.

The new ROB definitely takes some getting used to, but the airdashing is SO FUN that it's worth it :chuckle:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I actually meant to mention that in my wall o' text. The idea was tossed around, just needs to be coded and tried out. I'm not sure it should be any more than a no-flinch hitbox though or it might get kinda silly, airdashing back and forth through people on the ground. Whether he gets it or not, it's not gonna make much of a difference, but it might be a neat little addition I guess.
Maybe make the hit crouch cancellable so it can catch people off guard like jabs, but not be stupid and inescapable?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Every time someone suggests making it more like Pika's quick attack I want to punch a baby seal.

/random sorta

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Why the hell would it be like Pika's QA? That would be ********.

I'm just seeing just-booster lock.

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
JCZ, coolest thing i've ever seen. lol i want to play Project M sooo badly now =[ i need to mod my roommates wii. lol ( . Y . )

Sudai

Stuff here
You know, by this logic, I've beaten everyone in the nation. You too, prolly Mike. All of us here actually. Who here can honestly say they've never lost to someone they shouldn't have lost to? :p

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
You know, by this logic, I've beaten everyone in the nation. You too, prolly Mike. All of us here actually. Who here can honestly say they've never lost to someone they shouldn't have lost to? :p
when did i ever say i've never lost to someone "i shouldn't have lost to"

lol

Bees!

Smash Ace
you know by this logic, i've beaten half of the nation.
Not meant to be a gauge of how much better he is because he has beaten people who have beaten people. But rather that he took out someone who has went toe-to-toe with amazing smashers such as you and Tyrant. It was meant more for him to have self confidence if anything.

rPSI I'm glad to see you're finally outing yourself.

Also, why should Fox get nice things like waveshining while ROB can't? Silly JCaes. Besides, if you made it a sort of mobile shine when started on the ground, if you really don't want to give him a lock, code it so that you can't start another grounded airdash until about 2-3 frames after stun, but enable SHAD. Then just give aerial airdashes the laser-ish hitboxes. That way you can, say, jab out of a grounded airdash, but can't string it into another one.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You ever notice that Bidoof's face looks just like a cupcake?

Why the hell would it be like Pika's QA? That would be ********.

I'm just seeing just-booster lock.
That wasn't directed at you specifically or anything. Just in general. Booster-locking seems a lot like Pika's QA locking to me. Just kinda silly. I know it wouldn't actually work in P:M but still...

Someone in the Project M thread did say to make ROB's booster work like QA. That guy deserves a swift kick to the junk.

rPSI I'm glad to see you're finally outing yourself.

Also, why should Fox get nice things like waveshining while ROB can't? Silly JCaes. Besides, if you made it a sort of mobile shine when started on the ground, if you really don't want to give him a lock, code it so that you can't start another grounded airdash until about 2-3 frames after stun, but enable SHAD. Then just give aerial airdashes the laser-ish hitboxes. That way you can, say, jab out of a grounded airdash, but can't string it into another one.
Ehhhhhh.... I think giving the boosters a useful hitbox (other than maybe right at startup) is very unwarranted.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I want some bidoof cupcakes...

and the only HM it would need is Yummy!

derp :3

You ever notice that Bidoof's face looks just like a cupcake?

That wasn't directed at you specifically or anything. Just in general. Booster-locking seems a lot like Pika's QA locking to me. Just kinda silly. I know it wouldn't actually work in P:M but still...

Someone in the Project M thread did say to make ROB's booster work like QA. That guy deserves a swift kick to the junk.

Ehhhhhh.... I think giving the boosters a useful hitbox (other than maybe right at startup) is very unwarranted.
By that logic then, Shines in P: M shouldn't have a useful hitbox either. I mean, they reflect projectiles, isn't that enough?!

Anyhow, http://z0r.de/1806

stingers

Smash Obsessed
just do lil mini 0.5% hitboxes throughout

just something to knock people off the ledge

i mean if you're getting plowed through by a jet propelled robot its gonna hurt a lil bit

Top Bottom